Greatsword Ice

dbunting

No mention of what sword he uses. If he habitually uses Ice why would it be noted? And the scene is from a fever-influenced dream, not exactly reliable factually. Ice being strictly ceremonial (you could call an execution a ceremony) is your construct. And can you supply a quote showing that Ice is bigger than Dawn?

That no one has the training to use Ice may or may not be important. Rickon can grow into the proper size to use a greatsword, given time.

Regarding the OP, all we have to work with is opinion and wishful thinking. My opinion is that the Valyrian Ice is relatively unimportant, in one piece or two; the original Ice from the Age of Heroes will play a bigger role.

It's simple; the sword is WAY too big for him to wield in battle, ESPECIALLY in what is essentially a duel with members of the much more talented and experienced Kingsguard. Only the mountain is even capable of wielding a blade like that.

Ned's Ice was not the original Ice sword. I believe the sword Hodor possesses is the original Ice sword. So reforging Ned's Ice sword makes sense. Else, having two Ice swords in the story would be weird.

The original Ice sword is as old as Dawn, and probably made in the same way (meteorites). I just feel it gets ignored. :dunce: Everyone talks about Dawn but no one about the original Ice sword.

It's simple; the sword is WAY too big for him to wield in battle, ESPECIALLY in what is essentially a duel with members of the much more talented and experienced Kingsguard. Only the mountain is even capable of wielding a blade like that.

:bs:

Greatswords are infantry swords, not useable on horseback and they couldn't be carried at the hip. But pretty much everybody could use them. Ice as well. What do you propose it weighs? I assume something about three pounds, on less than six feet length. Robb wasn't fully grown when Cat made that comparison and isn't noted to be extraordinarily tall either...

I think you are on to something. I just don't know how it would get to Jon. I think it could still be at winterfell in the crypts. There is alot of talk about the crypts of Winterfell. I read a post about something being in the crypts . Maybe the original Ice?

I think when Bran and the others escaped from the crypts, Hodor carried that sword.

Archived