R + L = J v 72

Xray the Enforcer

Has anyone ever thought this is what the pink letter is all about? What if Stannis found out Jons a targ, and wrote the letter as a means to draw Jon from the wall, knowing his men would kill him for trying. Why? In fear of Johns claim. If so, brilliant move Stan is. Well played

Has anyone ever thought this is what the pink letter is all about? What if Stannis found out Jons a targ, and wrote the letter as a means to draw Jon from the wall, knowing his men would kill him for trying. Why? In fear of Johns claim. If so, brilliant move Stan is. Well played

That's a little crackpot IMO

I would imagine Jon's parentage reveal would be more impressive than that.

No one else ever discovered Jon's parentage even from visiting the crypts, so why would Stannis suddenly 'know'? He's not going to trip over a harp and marriage certificate in the crypt, even if he found that place.

Well obviously he'll know when

Bran wargs Theon and compells him to break open the crypt, revealing all

Honestly, I don't understand why there are so many theories about who wrote the pink letter. It's full of Ramsay's special kind of madness.

So I made a pit stop in Heresy 97 and heard a couple theories bounced around that are relevant to discussion

1) Being Lyanna's son is more significant than being the son of Rhaegar

and 2) The Kingsguard stabbed Lyanna as Ned was approaching because she was Rhaegars hostage, and they were just holding Ned off until she died. This explains the bed of blood.

Well

So I made a pit stop in Heresy 97 and heard a couple theories bounced around that are relevant to discussion

and 2) The Kingsguard stabbed Lyanna as Ned was approaching because she was Rhaegars hostage, and they were just holding Ned off until she died. This explains the bed of blood.

Well

1) Which brings one to wonder why GRRM bothered with the R+L plot if one part of it is so insignificant

2a) wow, I didn't know that KG were so unskilled with weapons that the person they wanted dead lived long enough to develop fever

2b) the purpose of a hostage is to make people who care for him/her do what they want. I must have missed the part when Ned and Robert were ordered to stand down or Lyanna would be harmed

2c) search function for "bed of blood" and "bloody bed" might do some good

Well

It may very well be that the north in their isolation have always looked upon the Starks as still their kings, (little k), despite Torrens bending the knee.

So, the Stark part of Jon is more significant because of his mother, but who his father is would compel the north to fight for his birthright in the south and especially in memory of who his mother was.

Both are important.

Legion is there because I consider the peace between the geth and quarians pivotal for the stand against the Catalyst and the geth philosophy as a counterpoint to its RGB "choices". Plus, Legion's sacrifice is reflected upon in EDI's post-Rannoch dialogues and it makes a parallel to what she and Shepard do.

I love the shadows behind her :D

Oh, I loved the way you could broker the peace between the geth and quarians, one of the best missions in the game, but Legion's death felt too forced and awkward. *sigh* It makes me even sadder considering that the actual ending completely ignored what you achieved in that mission. I just wanted to smack that kid behind the ears and shout: IT CAN WORK! Machines and organics can co exist! :bang:

I don't think he will come back very vengeful but I can see him becoming increasingly ruthless in the pursuit of his goal.

"Kill the boy and let the man be born!"

generally speaking we look on Jon as a son of Winterfell rather than a dragon.

He is the UNION of both Ice and Fire. The song is made from both. Both are equally important. Armored in black Ice wielding a sword of Fire.

1) Which brings one to wonder why GRRM bothered with the R+L plot if one part of it is so insignificant

Both R & L are super important. One was a man and one a woman, both are totally necessary for the production of a child and that particular child was Jon, one of our lead characters. I'd be perfectly happy if the mystery of Jon's parentage was just a side plot, it you are going to write a million+ word doorstopper you need a few of those. Having that mystery has already served good purpose in the formation of Jon's character.

2. is very much a minority position - of about one - but yup, as to 1. generally speaking we look on Jon as a son of Winterfell rather than a dragon.

Drop in by again any time :cool4:

Huh, generally speaking we here in the main room look at him as the product of two parents.

Have you discussed parthenogenesis in Heresy much?

http://cheezburger.com/5826246656

:cool4:

"Kill the boy and let the man be born."

I was watching "Attila" (Gerard Butlers Attla), and while a little cheesy, it I was reminded of this quote when the tribes seer told Attila that he was the great king, and when he denied this, saying he was born ten years ago.

She said no, the king was born yesterday on the steppes when he caused his enemies to submit.

2. is very much a minority position - of about one - but yup, as to 1. generally speaking we look on Jon as a son of Winterfell rather than a dragon.

Drop in by again any time :cool4:

In environmental terms, Jon is a son of Winterfell, but in genetic term, he is a union of First Men and Old Valyrian bloodlines.

I'm headcanoning the Citadel DLC as the actual ending after my Shep overcame the indoctrination attempt in the base game and somehow survived the fall... :pirate:

Anyways, the forums are dark and full of terrors but I have a question:

Does anyone think that Jon will go through an external transformation that will match his internal one after the stab, stab, stabbing? Like somehow getting his hair all white (Targysh) after returnning to the land of the living, or unliving for that matter?

God no.

"Kill the boy and let the man be born."

I was watching "Attila" (Gerard Butlers Attla), and while a little cheesy, it I was reminded of this quote when the tribes seer told Attila that he was the great king, and when he denied this, saying he was born ten years ago, and she said no, the king was born yesterday on the steppes when he caused his enemies to submit.

And Dany was born on Khal Drogo's funeral pyre---under the bleeding star.....

Archived