R + L = J v 72

Xray the Enforcer

Could be that he will lead the battle against the Others, and the legions of man will pronounce him their King, thus restoring Rhaegar's noble bloodline back upon the throne.

Ugh, That is a joke, right… Surely, you don't really think that this is a likely outcome?

Definitely young and beautiful! And on a throne ;)

Fwiw, Maisy is my choice of girl for my son, they're the exact same age and she's so darn cute and spunky! Not that I have an actual choice in the matter :P

Lol Your son is one year younger than my daughter. She's 18... today :cheers:

On the subject of clichés, Jon's potential hero path does sound familiar... Luke Skywalker comes to mind immediately. But you know what? I love Star Wars and it's a Damn good story full of emotional payoff both positive and negative. Luke's story is one that is as old as fiction itself. But what keeps it relevant and enjoyable is the examination of his motivations and the impact he has on the plot and other characters. Jon would be the same, but made unique by Martin's crazy political landscape and marriage of reality and magic.

Cliché? Could be. But you know you're going to love reading it.

Agreed on all counts. Just because something is cliche does not make it inherently negative.

Definitely young and beautiful! And on a throne ;)

Fwiw, Maisy is my choice of girl for my son, they're the exact same age and she's so darn cute and spunky! Not that I have an actual choice in the matter :P

Surely you must want a proper lady for your son, more like Sansa perhaps? Arya is just too wild, her actions are unbecoming of a lady! :leaving:

Ugh, That is a joke, right… Surely, you don't really think that this is a likely outcome?

Correct, though I do believe Rhaegar will play a part in the final outcome

Lol Your son is one year younger than my daughter. She's 18... today :cheers:

Happy Birthday to her :dunce: <----(Not a dunce, it's supposed to be a party hat :P )

Aw, thanx for the wishes! :grouphug: A mum is allowed a weak moment... every 18 years or so ;)

Back to business. Ready? Listen to what Kit Harington has to say about Jon Snow and where he would like to see him in the end. Starting from 1:30 here. Poor Kit, so unaware of what he's unleashed :lol:

Aw, thanx for the wishes! :grouphug: A mum is allowed a weak moment... every 18 years or so ;)

Back to business. Ready? Listen to what Kit Harington has to say about Jon Snow and where he would like to see him in the end. Starting from 1:30 here. Poor Kit, so unaware of what he's unleashed :lol:

:wideeyed:

:cool4:

Yesssssss!!!!!!!

Because it has important thematic, political and mystical consequences in the books.

Thematically, in a book called "A Song of Ice and Fire", we expect some kind of central theme of, yes, Ice and Fire (on many different layers). Ice and Fire are usually seen as opposites there, with Melisandre and the faith of R'hllor as the main force advocating this dualism in the text. But with R+L=J, we suddenly have a POV character who is both: Ice and FireWe see a story headed for conflict between the forces of Ice and fire, and a character impersonating a balance between these forces in the middle of them all.

Politically, if Jon is the legitimate son of Rhaegfar and Lyanna, he, not Daenerys, is the Targaryen heir to the throne. Him being Rhaegar's heir undermines Dany's mission to reconquer the Targaryen throne.

Mystically, we have the prophecy of the Prince that was Promised who supposedly has to be a descendant of Aerys and Rhaella. Maester Aemon concludes that Dany, as the last member of Aerys' and Rhaella's line, has to be the PtwP, and we as readers are supposed to follow his reasoning - unless we have figured out that there is a second descendant of Aerys and Rhaella lurking around, giving us a surprise candidate for the Promised Prince.

The High Priest of R'hollor claims Dany is AA reborn. Maester Aemon believed Dany is the PtwP. Mel stated that AA and the PtwP are the same person, and Aemon did not say anything too contradict her. (Not that I buy in to everything Mel says) . So where does that leave Jon? In the North dealing with winter. I believe his Stark blood is much more important to him and his story. Now, GRRM stated Jon 's parentage will eventually be laid out, but he didnt say for sure that Jon will be the one to hear it.

None of these people have all the facts therefore I will not take their opinions as gospel truth.

And as I come from Aegon is Real tread where I still wait for evidence beyond 'it is not impossible' and 'a liar said so' that is all I choose to say.

Archived