The Brightfyre theory

Veltigar

I see. Mea culpa. After all this is my fav theory about FAegon's parentage :D

Welcome to our small, yet growing, brotherhood! Today we take this forum, tomorrow the world :P

We have a new member :commie: :cheers:

Part of the crew, part of the ship. Part of the crew, part of the ship, etc. : D

Me too!!

lol

Not lol :P This is serious bussiness you know :P I feel like we need a ritual for new acolites of the theory ;) I hear gangmembers in MS-13 have to endure a 13 seconds lasting beatdown before they are allowed to enter the gang :P Is that to extreme for this theory? :P

and hopefully dies as Aerys II

Illy is a scumbag, but I'd like to see him fight before he dies. He seems to have been really good when he was young and I'd like to see his final moves! : D

I think you're right on with your analysis. Linking the blackberry wine with the blackberry bushes growing on Osgrey's sons' graves is genius. But, once again it's a symbol that seems to work against the theory that Illyrio is himself a Blackfyre. It definitely tends to support the fact that he is a Blackfrey supporter and it also may be evidence that he supported a Blackfyre rebellion in the past that ended poorly (I assume Maelys the Monstrous' attempted invasion).

Also note that anytime something is considered "sweet" it generally means that something is false. I.e. Lemons = truth while lemon cakes are making an unpleasant "truth" more palatable with falsehoods. (which is why Sansa is probably such a fan).

The fact that the blackberry wine is so sweet that it draws flies, means that there is a falseness surrounding the whole Blackfye endeavor that will probably be fatal to many.

Thanks for reminding me of the blackberry connection. I had forgotten to add Paperwavers post about it to the OP.

The fact that the blackberry wine is so sweet that it draws flies, means that there is a falseness surrounding the whole Blackfye endeavor that will probably be fatal to many.

:agree: Faegon's going to cause a lot of deaths.

Normally, I'm dismissive of taking show evidence but... Varys is from Lys and he was eying up the IT big time.

I agree, and initially, I felt the same way, but it seems that Martin appears to be allowing the show to now clarify some things, though to be sure, it is still its own world.

Here is a link that you might be interested in as well along these same lines.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109036-henry-tudor-parallel-its-not-jon-snow/?view=getnewpost

(And, if Yara were Lagertha, Ramsey would be a bad memory). :laugh:

I agree, and initially, I felt the same way, but it seems that Martin appears to be allowing the show to now clarify some things, though to be sure, it is still its own world.

I have added it to the OP with a disclaimer ;)

Here is a link that you might be interested in as well along these same lines.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109036-henry-tudor-parallel-its-not-jon-snow/?view=getnewpost

I'll check it out :)

(And, if Yara were Lagertha, Ramsey would be a bad memory). :laugh:

Lagertha would wipe the floor with him. :leer:

Just found out that the Brightfyre theory has been added to the compendium of theories :D I'm feeling pretty proud right now :D

A continuation of the original thread.

NB: This thread is not for discussion of theories; it is only here to list them.

The list below has now been updated by Mladen for this iteration of the thread.

TRUE IDENTITIES

THE BRIGHTFYRE THEORY

Illyrio Blackfyre + Serra Brightflame = Young Griff

Also, page 27 of this thread :D How great is that :D

Archived