The Brightfyre theory

Veltigar

Ah I love part 3! That swap would be tragic for her. Great parallel to the swap of babies by Jon up at the wall. If she did throw herself of a cliff, this would explain it best. And her child being Dany is cool, would the dad be? I always have liked Dany being Rhaegar's sister. Could Rhagar be the dad? It would be awesome if Ned WAS the father. Then Ned's bastard daughter who no one knows about is one of the heros of the story, while his bastard (who actually isn't his) is the other hero of the story....

The chance if pretty remote, particularly the logistics of planting Daenerys with Viserys. But, IF Daenerys turns out to be Ashara's child, the father would be King Aerys, because her "dishonouring" was him raping her at Harrenhal, with noone able to do a thing about it because he was King.

I think that especially that first D&E story was released with that strategic purpose in mind. We get our first mention of Aerion in ACOK (published in 98) and tHK is released simultaniously (98). That's a clear hint that Aerion, the focus of that story might become relevant again.

As to She-Wolves. I think two visions will be explained by it. Dunk kissing Young Nan and the pregnant woman (I'd say that she's Rickards mother and the primary antagonist in the tale. I see her skeeming for the rule of WF, untill she's cut to size with the help of Duncan and Egg. This might explain Rickards southron ambitions, because if his mother had something against the Targs she might have pushed him to oppose them).

Love it! Brings many things together.

Hightower would not have sided with the Black Dragon. And they wouldn't have fought for the Red Dragon either. After the asskicking they received during the DoD they have consistently pursuid a policy of neutrality.

Not correct

From the Sworn Sword

Ser Eustace cradled his wine cup in both hands. “If Daemon had ridden over Gwayne Corbray… if Fireball had not been slain on the eve of battle… if Hightower and Tarbeck and Oakheart and Butterwell had lent us their full strength instead of trying to keep one foot in each camp…

and Gareth the Grey could be from House Hightower

Your kidding, right? This theory has loads of pieces of texts to support it.

And for Howland it says "a crannogman" and for Jyana it says "of the crannogmen", if she's just a woman from the Neck, then why not say a crannonwoman as it does for Howland?

No I am not kidding. It is a very weak theory, based on huge logical leaps. But really it doesn't matter what I think, because the real story will come out eventually.

Appendix also say Joffrey is the son of Robert and Cersie for what it's worth.

I am not sold on Ashara even being alive but of all the theories out there that one has the most evidence to back it up as well as the one that makes most logical sense.

The other theories just appear to be a case of wishful thinking.

IMO, a potential reason for Martin writing the Dunk and Egg novellas is to throw in some nice little nuggets that will have a major (or minor) role in the grander series. One example was Bloodraven (major), another is explaining the history of the Golden company and the Blackfyre rebelion (major), and we may see that Dunk is the father/grandfather or a character in the current series (minor). I believe the Dunk and Egg stories will go all the way to the tragedy at Summerhall. Through the novellas we may get a better understanding of this prophecy of the Prince that was Promised and learn more about what drove and motivated Rhaegar.

Well I agree those books are to flush out interesting and possibly important details. But the ones of extreme importance to the Song of Ice and Fire need to be in the actual series.

Well I agree those books are to flush out interesting and possibly important details. But the ones of extreme importance to the Song of Ice and Fire need to be in the actual series.

So, what are you saying? Are you saying that Aeiron and his line having something to do with the larger story is misguided because it has not become a part of the Ice and Fire story yet? If so, why was he even mentioned? Or do you just think it is so early to speculate?

Appendix also say Joffrey is the son of Robert and Cersie for what it's worth.

I am not sold on Ashara even being alive but of all the theories out there that one has the most evidence to back it up as well as the one that makes most logical sense.

The other theories just appear to be a case of wishful thinking.

Since you left out which theory you are referring to, I will assume you mean Ashara now being Jyana is in the wishful thinking category.

Brightfyre - well I honestly don't know how it fits, along with Blackfyre. We have to allow the possibility Aegon may actually be for real, in which case how does the Blackfyre OR the Brightfyre thing play into it?

So, what are you saying? Are you saying that Aeiron and his line having something to do with the larger story is misguided because it has not become a part of the Ice and Fire story yet? If so, why was he even mentioned? Or do you just think it is so early to speculate?

no, I was simply trying to clarify what I had said earlier.

Brightfyre doesn't have that much space at all in these books. Blackfyre has much more. That should be a clue to their relevant importance in this series, regardless of the Dunk and Egg novellas.

Since you left out which theory you are referring to, I will assume you mean Ashara now being Jyana is in the wishful thinking category.

Brightfyre - well I honestly don't know how it fits, along with Blackfyre. We have to allow the possibility Aegon may actually be for real, in which case how does the Blackfyre OR the Brightfyre thing play into it?

No, Ashara being Howland's wife and the mother of his Children can be backed up the text (even if it's still rather flimsy) and is quite logical. All other Ashara theories are wishful thinking at best. Even the Brightfyre theory is not supported by anything.

IF there is a Brighfyre it would be Varys or other characters who would want to remain secret. And Aerion was mentioned by Maester Aemon, I believe in FfC while they were on the ship.

Edit: I do get what you are saying though. This can't be canon or anything. This is all just a theory. MANY theories have enough textual evidence for us to consider it to be true enough and build upon. But what I like about this theory is it adds Targ history and complexity, while bringing together the motivations for Varys and Illyrio.

Are you trolling? I mean seriously. The theory is WEAK! It talks about Jojen's green eyes. Guess what? Meera's are ALSO GREEN. It is complete fabrication that his eyes turned green because of greenseeing. Ashara's partners? Seriously? I have no doubt they ARE important, but not because Ashara herself told Meera the story. etc. etc. There is not a single strong point related to this theory.

No, Ashara being Howland's wife and the mother of his Children can be backed up the text (even if it's still rather flimsy) and is quite logical. All other Ashara theories are wishful thinking at best. Even the Brightfyre theory is not supported by anything.

The REED theory is wishful thinking.

If Aegon is truly Rhaegar's son the Brightflame and Blackfyre don't come into it. The Brightflame kernel could grow to fruition in D&E. And the foreshadowed Blackfyre could be Aegon bringing the Golden Co & other BF supporters back into the fold. I don't believe that but there you go...

no, I was simply trying to clarify what I had said earlier.

Brightfyre doesn't have that much space at all in these books. Blackfyre has much more. That should be a clue to their relevant importance in this series, regardless of the Dunk and Egg novellas.

*Brightflame :p

Brightfyre is the term we use for shared Blackfyre/Brightflame heritage of Faegon in this thread ;)

Archived