Good Queen Daenerys?

Light a wight tonight

I see a sort of parallel between GQ Alysanne giving lands to the Watch so they'd be self-sufficient and Dany planting the lands around Meereen after the Meereenese torched the crops to deny her besieging army any food.

Provided that she wins or even survives the upcoming Dance of Dragons Part Deux to become ruler or co-ruler of Westeros and that she (and everybody) survives the Winter I could see her as a force in re-starting agriculture/food production in the new Spring. New fertility goddess sort of thing. They could even start a Faith based on her

Maybe dragons can learn to plant olive trees.

GOOD QUEEN ALYSANNE

Alysanne was the queen, consort, and sister of King Jaehaerys I, the Old King, and like him she lived a long life. Since you pictured him as an old man at the end of his reign, I figure it would be most appropriate to do her the same way, rather than as the young woman she was when Jaehaerys first ascended the Iron Throne.

You might consider Alysanne as the Eleanor of Aquitaine of Westeros, and model her on Katherine Hepburn's portrayal of Eleanor in the film THE LION IS WINTER. Tall and straight, unbowed by time, she had high cheekbones, clear blue eyes. Age left crow's feet around her eyes and laugh lines about her mouth, but her face never lost its strength. She was a fine archer and hunter in her youth, and loved to fly atop her dragon to all the distant parts of the realm. Alysanne was slim of waist and small of breast, with a long neck, a fair complexion, a high forehead. In old age her hair turned white as snow. She wore it in a bun, pulled back and pinned behind her hear.

Her relationship with King Jaehaerys was always very close. She was his most trusted counselor and his right hand, and often wore a slimmer, more feminine version of his crown at court. Beloved by the common people of Westeros, she loved them in return, and was renowned for her charities.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Category/C91/

I think she will be seen as unsympathetic and Aegon will be the one who will be sympathetic. Maybe the War for the Dawn can turn this around but she's more likely to be compared to Aerys than Alysanne. I don't think she's mad though.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Category/C91/

I think she will be seen as unsympathetic and Aegon will be the one who will be sympathetic. Maybe the War for the Dawn can turn this around but she's more likely to be compared to Aerys than Alysanne. I don't think she's mad though.

i can definitely see her being called the Mad Queen even though she anything but. Propaganda on fAegon's part could be very damaging

You could argue that giving the NW that land crippled the NW because they no longer had any one living on the New Gift (If you don't own land that far north why be there?) and thus lost their biggest recruiting territory. This is why Ned and Benjen wanted to repopulate the Gift.

The thing is, is that Dany (a dragon) has been planting olive trees in Meereen. That hasn't worked out very well after which Dany comes to the realisation that dragons plant no trees. I think that this realisation symbolises a darker path that Dany will take. Rather than being a force for good (as was her original intention) she may end up being the 'bad guy'.

edit. spelling

Granted Dany survives, I agree she will be a gracious and caring Queen. People like to use Queen Rhaenyra as a foreshadowing of Dany turning mad. But unlike Rhaenyra, who fell deeper into madness with every loss she encountered, Dany has only gotten stronger, her mind and purpose more clear. She is more Alysanne than Rhaenyra.

The thing is, is that Dany (a dragon) has been planting olive trees in Meereen. That hasn't worked out very well after which Dany comes to the realisation that dragons plant no trees. I think that this realisation symbolises a darker path that Dany will take. Rather than being a force for good (as was her original intention) she may end up being the 'bad guy'.

I don't see this. Why should she in her young age be unable to learn? She is willful to learn and to rule, she has shown it more than once. Even if she fails, I don't see her turning into the ultimate super villain like so often suggested.

Of course dragons plant no olive trees. Queen Alysanne's dragon didn't ;) But she did.

I don't see this. Why should she in her young age be unable to learn? She is willful to learn and to rule, she has shown it more than once. Even if she fails, I don't see her turning into the ultimate super villain like so often suggested.

Of course dragons plant no olive trees. Queen Alysanne's dragon didn't ;) But she did.

Not ultimate bad guy. I don't see Dany turning into some cartoon villian but rather in her quest for the IT she may end up being viewed as the antagonist. As to your last point; a dragon (Dany) did try to plant olive trees and failed. After which she comes to the realisation that dragons plant no trees.

Archived