A Few Questions About Damphair

John Suburbs

First of all, is he dead?

Victarian says DH placed the driftwood crown on ECE, railed again about how "no godless man may sit the Seastone Chair, and then left the KM and disappeared. I find it more likely than not that ECE had him taken and killed (probably drowned, but maybe not) without too much thought for the kinslayer curse.

But if DH is dead, we'll probably never know the answer to the other question: what does the "scream of the rusted iron hinge" represent and why does it continue to haunt him even after his rebirth as the DG's prophet? It is obviously a memory related to the death of his brother Urri and is still powerful enough to wake him from a sound sleep, which means it is probably the only thing that still scares him.

The fact that it keeps flashing back in his mind in times of stress means it has significance, and I get the sense that it is related to ECE somehow, but I'm wondering if we'll every get closure or will it be one of many unresolved issues?

well i dont think hes dead since GRRM is so pumped about a chapter he has written from Damphair's PoV...

Also, pretty sure he was molested by ECE and that is the relevance of the "scream if the rusted iron hinge"...its the flashback memories he has of ECE coming into his room at night and molesting him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived