EW Reveals Season 4 Posters

Westeros

Now for an observation: StanStans resemble their namesake, they are unyielding and like to complain.

This is not limited to us. When they show or if they show Dany going mad i bet Dany stans will also complain that D&D took it too far or something along the lines of that. Some Sansa-stans also complain a lot. I might be one of them though.

You act like we are the only ones who complain. :closedeyes:

Unyielding, Hell yes. :cool4:

I hope that I can at least make you concede.

Nah unfortunately you can't.

That his absence from this batch of posters says absolutely nothing about where his storyline will go.

Come April 6 we shall see... Konradsmith.. we shall see.

I would absolutely love to be proved wrong in my assumptions though.

All i want to see is a Stannis poster like those other get one. Is it really hard for them to do that? Even Tormund gets one. If not Stannis i'll settle for Davos or Melisandre.

Dragonstone shall not go unrepresented.

Well, you're not alone. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait for an edited Stannis or Team Dragonstone version of the poster on tumblr, bc I'm sure the Stanfans there will make one.

I also really wanted a Theon/Reek poster :ohwell:

"The main poster child" is always going to be the character with the strongest audience reception, regardless of whatever TV show it is. It's the smartest decision from a marketing perspective.

And personally I think "Valar Morghulis" is definitely appropriate for the last third of ASoS!

Yeah I can go with that. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

I have a feeling they are really under representing Stannis because

they want his arrival late in the season to be a HOLY SHIT fist pump moment that the casual viewer will be lulled into not having seen coming

Well we have seen from the trailers, that Stannis will have at least one scene on a ship and one scene in (presumably) Braavos (plus the few scenes on Dragonstone). I think/hope they might be doing the same with Stannis, that they did with Tywin in season 2. Make him more likable to the audience before the finale by added scenes (Arya scenes) have him save the day in episode 9, and make him the boss of the next season.

I don't see how not giving Stannis a poster is because he won't be appearing much or they want his appearance at the wall to be a surprise. A poster is hardly going to make a difference and Stannis was pretty main in Season 3 and didn't even get a poster then (but at least Melisandre got one).

It doesn't matter if he won't be appearing much, he is a main player in the game and technically the rightful King. He should be included.

Looks like the Dutch HBO has released promotional pictures for the Dutch actors (aka Melisandre and Daario) that look very similar to the posters, without the Valar Morghulis though.

I'm pretty sure they'll have an official poster locally for Melisandre at least - Carice is a very popular actress in the Netherlands and a huge marketing asset for them, it would be stupid to not leverage it. I seem to remember that last year the Melisandre poster was specific to the Dutch market as well, but I may be wrong.

Whoa, in that Stark video, is it just my computer's audio spazzing out or does Petyr sound like a demon? omg.

The animated history of westeros vids from the season 3 blueray set also has him using this much grittier voice. I wonder if he was having voice problems when they recorded all this stuff, or it is a deliberate choice to make him sound more menacing...

one wonders if he is not taking a book out of christian bale;s dark knight page...I half expect him to say "I'm Batman"

Looks like the Dutch HBO has released promotional pictures for the Dutch actors (aka Melisandre and Daario) that look very similar to the posters, without the Valar Morghulis though.

I'm pretty sure they'll have an official poster locally for Melisandre at least - Carice is a very popular actress in the Netherlands and a huge marketing asset for them, it would be stupid to not leverage it. I seem to remember that last year the Melisandre poster was specific to the Dutch market as well, but I may be wrong.

Thats's encouraging! I hope they come from an official HBO/GOT source.

Perhaps, Melisandre does have one after all and it looks pretty good. However, I would say this season should see Stannis more main than Mel out of Team Dragonstone.

Thats's encouraging! I hope they come from an official HBO/GOT source.

According to the article, they do. (This is the free neewspaper available in train stations in the Netherlands - a good place to advertise.) It also says that the pictures will be on Dutch bus stops, so I take it to mean that there are official posters for these two characters.

"The main poster child" is always going to be the character with the strongest audience reception, regardless of whatever TV show it is. It's the smartest decision from a marketing perspective.

Dany is incredibly popular at the moment and they have to cash in on the fact she's the best way of advertising. A simple pic on Facebook has 1000s of fans commenting "Luv U Callisse!!!", "She guna woop da Lannsterrs and take da Iron Throne!". In the end they have to make money so they can make another series. While I personally think they are overhyping Dany way to much you can't blame the marketing team for just doing their job.

I don't think anybody can argue now against the shows poor treatment of Stannis/Davos/Mel after season 2. "We were forgotten!" - Stannis to Davos

I think Davos and Mel are perfectly fine after Season 2, and I think Stannis has been a mixed bag.

Also, here's the Melisandre Poster: https://twitter.com/HBOnl/status/438589658411200512/photo/1

and the Daario poster: https://twitter.com/HBOnl/status/438590727342133248/photo/1

They gave Daario a beard, couldn't they throw a little color on the tip at least?

Archived