Small Questions v 10025

Stubby

Dany's chapters in Game slowly become chronologycally in line with all the other POVs, as is shown by the fact that all can see the red comet around the same time.

Precisely, the comet is first mentioned in aGoT when the raven brings news of Ned's death in Winterfell, in chapter 66, Bran VII. That places the birth of the dragons in chapter 72, Daenerys X, a few days after Ned's beheading.

Why weren't Ned and Cats children ever fostered by another lord?

Only Robb and Sansa were the age for fostering.

I think there's no mention why.

My lucky guess: Eddard did not want to get into outside politics if he could avoid it after the grief the Robellion brought him.

t

There are some good threads on the topic, TNM, I'd link one for you if I weren't on the phone. There's a lot of discussion as to why not, and information about who else did or did not. Worth searching for.

Well, plot, but in the land of make believe, Catelyn was not about to send Robb away if Jon remained. And the Ned was not going to send away Rhaegar's son.

Only Robb and Sansa were the age for fostering.

I think there's no mention why.

My lucky guess: Eddard did not want to get into outside politics if he could avoid it after the grief the Robellion brought him.

Bran was the age for fostering no? Big Walder and Little Walder were his age and sent to Winterfell. But I dont suppose children have to.be fostered out. Does anyone know if Edmure was? Brandon Stark? Benjen? Stannis? Trystane Martell hasnt been fostered. Seems more like an optional thing

Bran was the age for fostering no? Big Walder and Little Walder were his age and sent to Winterfell. But I dont suppose children have to.be fostered out. Does anyone know if Edmure was? Brandon Stark? Benjen? Stannis? Trystane Martell hasnt been fostered. Seems more like an optional thing

Out of all those you've mentioned, only Brandon was fostered in his youth, by the Dustins. He also visited the Ryswells often.

About the others, nothing has ever been mentioned.

I could not find it... what is the consensus on the reason why Blood and Cheese didn't kill Aegon II, Alicent, everyone? That could end the war.

Aegon II was in Maegor's Holdfast, which has no connecting secret passages. He could have killed Alicent, Helaena etc but it would not have ended the war; Aemond and Aegon and Daeron were still alive. I asked why they weren't taken hostage, as that would have been even more effective, and it was agreed that getting them through the passages (down ladders etc) then out of the city would have been very difficult.

Archived