Small Questions v 10025

Stubby

I was looking for confirmation on my thoughts :D

I am sorry, I am just being busy rereading ACoK atm, so I could not find the time to look for new information testing your assumption yet... wrong book (atm,) - and too long the time-frame! :-)

Will be there in a few months for sure. ;-)

ETA: I assume, it will be hard to find contradicting information. So I'd stay with the assumption of half-a-year, it looks pretty safe for now given there's no contradiction to be seen.

another ETA for anchoring: probably it's been named upthread... in ACoK 41 Tyrion IX Myrcella sails to Dorne, in ASoS 4 Tyrion I Tyrion learns she has safely arrived in Sunspear, in combined-AFfC+ADwD 26 aka AFfC 13 The Soiled Knight we learn of the the affair. More than a whole big book in-between the two.

and another ETA for getting all the cites together:

It was her turn to flush. Her seduction of Ser Arys had required half a year.

Arianne in (combined reading 44) AFfC 40 The Princess In The Tower

It was above in the post. Arianne stated it had taken her half a year to seduce Arys. Half a year trying to seduce him + sleeping together for a while (one month? more?) = Arys and Myrcella are more than half a year in Dorne.

:D

A matter of looking in the right place, then:

It was her turn to flush. Her seduction of Ser Arys had required half a year.

Arianne in (combined reading 44) AFfC 40 The Princess In The Tower

What reason did Ned give Robert (and everyone else) for Lyanna's death? I don't recall if this was in the books. Did he just say she was taken ill and died of a fever or something?

Seeing as how Lyanna actually did die of a fever, and Ned doesn't like to lie, I'd say he did actually tell Robert she died of a fever, and just omitted to tell him what had caused her fever.

It's not specifically stated in the books.

Why doesn't Stannis have a council and/or kingsguard?

Well at the current time, and looking back at Stannis's army and supporters from as early as CoK, we can see that he didnt have a tremendous amount of quality knights (He does have a few) and so i think he put the need aside.

The other explanation, would be that he is now a follower of the red god, and so he is putting the ideals of a king following the seven (seven kingsgaurd) aside.

As for the council, he does have one but it isn't as organised as others he has some florents, a few knights, his hand Ser Davos and the red women.

Hope this gives you some insight

In which book and chapter is it said that when Sansa was born the bells of winterfell were ran from dawn to dusk?

Does it say that in the books? Ros says that in episode 301 of the show. I'd be interested if it's text or made up dialogue for the show.

In which book and chapter is it said that when Sansa was born the bells of winterfell were ran from dawn to dusk?

Does it say that in the books? Ros says that in episode 301 of the show. I'd be interested if it's text or made up dialogue for the show.

Proximity search of "Sansa" and "born" doesn't turn up anything, neither does "bells" and "Winterfell". But now I'm curious too. :)

Why doesn't Stannis have a council and/or kingsguard?

I would imagine because he felt he was owed the loyalty of the Kingsguard. Renly was all about breaking from tradition, but Stannis probably wouldn't consider dismissing the Kingsguard in favor of his own Rainbow Guard.

"Why doesn't Stannis have a council and/or kingsguard? "

At present he has no kingdom for the Small Council to help run. So a few advisers is enough. As for the Kingsguard that is a Targ affectation and likely has some relation to the Religion of the Seven. Stannis neither admires the Targ's nor does he rely on the Sevev, quite the reverse really.

I thought Ser Patrick was trying to steal Val, and Wun Wun was doing his part as the angry family member.

That might be completely ridiculous, I don't even remember the scene in question very well. That was just my gut reaction when I read it the first time.

I thought Ser Patrick was trying to steal Val, and Wun Wun was doing his part as the angry family member.

That might be completely ridiculous, I don't even remember the scene in question very well. That was just my gut reaction when I read it the first time.

You are spot on. We learn from Tormund and Mormont's Raven a few pages before: "Girls, girls, girls," and it reflects a lost bet by Grrm of the NY Giants trashing the Dallas Cowboys (iirc).

I have another question . . . Is Euron's dragon horn really the Horn of Toramund?

Not a small question.

The Horn of Winter the Horn of Joramun is debated. If my observation is correct, the majority of opinions has it in Samwell Tarly's bag (I have read the particular book only once and don't recall if it is with him or with Gilly now). (I personally am with a smaller faction believing it to be with Abel in the crypts of Winterfell.)

Did Robb know about the fleet at White Harbor?

Surely one of the Manderly's that went south with him had to of known and would've offered it to his forces.. right?

The fleet was built while Robb was in the South. Lord Manderly discusses the matter with Bran, Maester Luwin and Ser Rodrik at the Harvest Feast, bh whicj time both of his sons had already gone South. The fleet may not even have been finished while Robb was in the South, and iirc ot was actually built to deal with Wildling raids

Archived