Opinion of Aegon

The Fresh PtwP

1) Taking people's shit? Tyrion was using crevasse as a means to teach him a lesson. Someone with half a brain would have seen that someone who was wiser and had more experience was trying to impart some information. If he cut off a limb or the testicles of everyone who didn't blindly suck up to him he's going to end up surrounded by idiots and yes-men instead of honest and capable advisers. Even Stannis knows this. Aegon the brat failed, and as of the game, Aegon was the king of nothing. He's just a punk on a pole boat.

ETA: Also, keeping JonCon waiting in his solar for the "better half of an hour" for no reason other than to try to assert dominance is rude and a dick move. You do that to adversaries, not the person who gave up his life to raise you and care for you.

2) So you think it's acceptable for him to think that he was entitled to Dany like he owned her? Quentyn had his faults but, until he tried to steal the dragons, he wasn't a jerk. Once again, Aegon's an asshole.

3) Really? A dangerous creature advancing on you and posing an immediate threat to you and your crew isn't a reason to pull out your sword and fight? That's pretty fucking cowardly for someone who was supposed to be trained as a knight for battle. Another failure. Meanwhile, speaking of Quentyn, when was with the Windblown he DID fight when he was supposed to and didn't stand there with his mouth hanging open.

4) He lived much of his traveling the Rhoyne. He knew damn well how dangerous that part of the river was and knew he was possibly condemning JonCon to death. That Tyrion didn't get sick was beside the point.

5) Doesn't change that overall he's impatient and quick to anger without thought. Also, it's patience, not patients.

6) If you're going to fight for your cause, you have to do it right. Striking out while half your forces are lost or straggling (and you don't have many in the first place) is stupid.

7) Lots of fools are aggressive. He got lucky with Storm's End because it was being held by something like only 50 men but he needs more than just luck and bravado if he thinks he's going to end up on the Iron Throne and keep it. Oh, and the GC is only following him because Illyrio is paying for it, not because of any great charisma or leadership ability.

2)It was a bit thoughtless and arrogant of him, but calling him an asshole for it seems a bit over the top.

3) It was his first time in battle. Don't be too hard on him for panicking. Different people in life or death situations react in different ways. I'm sure next time he'll keep his head better.

4)I doubt he ordered Jon Con to go in the water. He probably pleaded with him, and Jon, knowing how useful Tyrion might be, reluctantly did so. You don't think Jon could have told Aegon to shut up if he'd really wanted to? He held all the power at that time, and he knew it.

4)

1) Taking people's shit? Tyrion was using crevasse as a means to teach him a lesson. Someone with half a brain would have seen that someone who was wiser and had more experience was trying to impart some information. If he cut off a limb or the testicles of everyone who didn't blindly suck up to him he's going to end up surrounded by idiots and yes-men instead of honest and capable advisers. Even Stannis knows this. Aegon the brat failed, and as of the game, Aegon was the king of nothing. He's just a punk on a pole boat.

ETA: Also, keeping JonCon waiting in his solar for the "better half of an hour" for no reason other than to try to assert dominance is rude and a dick move. You do that to adversaries, not the person who gave up his life to raise you and care for you.

2) So you think it's acceptable for him to think that he was entitled to Dany like he owned her? Quentyn had his faults but, until he tried to steal the dragons, he wasn't a jerk. Once again, Aegon's an asshole.

3) Really? A dangerous creature advancing on you and posing an immediate threat to you and your crew isn't a reason to pull out your sword and fight? That's pretty fucking cowardly for someone who was supposed to be trained as a knight for battle. Another failure. Meanwhile, speaking of Quentyn, when was with the Windblown he DID fight when he was supposed to and didn't stand there with his mouth hanging open.

4) He lived much of his traveling the Rhoyne. He knew damn well how dangerous that part of the river was and knew he was possibly condemning JonCon to death. That Tyrion didn't get sick was beside the point.

5) Doesn't change that overall he's impatient and quick to anger without thought. Also, it's patience, not patients.

6) If you're going to fight for your cause, you have to do it right. Striking out while half your forces are lost or straggling (and you don't have many in the first place) is stupid.

7) Lots of fools are aggressive. He got lucky with Storm's End because it was being held by something like only 50 men but he needs more than just luck and bravado if he thinks he's going to end up on the Iron Throne and keep it. Oh, and the GC is only following him because Illyrio is paying for it, not because of any great charisma or leadership ability.

1. I was he suppose to know he was wiser? He just met Tyrion . And again when the GC labeled the find Dany plan as sucide he brought Tyrion's plan up. He did not like what he said but he did think on it. You do see that Jon was trying to do all the work right? If needed to know who is king it was him.
  2. He was confident he was going to win her over. Let's face he would have won her over. Quentyn failed because he was not assertive and had or an army. Aegon had both. Yes their was possibility of failure, but letting that enter his head makes him question himself.
  3. And when Aegon entered battle he fought and won. But that was stupid right?
  4. There is no main cause, you get it from breathing the air, or from being born, and doubt Jon would have let him go.
  5. Jon was planning on doing it himself, you just made a claim of cowardice because he let Jon jump in the water. Apparently Aegon should care for danger by your opinion.
  6. Jon had made the plan before hand with their current number, he did not just go halfcocked.
  7. He was not likely he faced his foes with a plan and used his skill and numbers to win. If Aegon saat in his tent that day no lords would saw it as his victory and the GC would not respect and disorder would have formed in the ranks.

Bit early to say.

Good points:
Well educated.
Has good people around him who he respects and who he listens to.
Seems relatively nice (doesn't shoot small animals for fun).

Bad points.
Inexperienced.
Rash.
Bit of a temper.

All in all I think he seems ok. I think he would make a good King if he has a good Queen, Hane and Small Council around him. He is my pick for the eventual sitter on the Iron Throne but with this series you can't bet on anyone for that role.

Black or Red a Dragon is still a Dragon. I don't care if he's Targ or BF...

• 3 months later...

Bit early to say.

Good points:

Well educated.

Has good people around him who he respects and who he listens to.

Seems relatively nice (doesn't shoot small animals for fun).

Bad points.

Inexperienced.

Rash.

Bit of a temper.

All in all I think he seems ok. I think he would make a good King if he has a good Queen, Hane and Small Council around him. He is my pick for the eventual sitter on the Iron Throne but with this series you can't bet on anyone for that role.

Black or Red a Dragon is still a Dragon. I don't care if he's Targ or BF...

Same.

Aegon reminds of Conradin (or Corradino), the last of the Hohenstaufen.

- Last heir of a proud, ancient and glorious House;

- Grandfather reviled and hated by a lot of people (Conradin's grandfather Frederick II was labelled "antechrist" and "demon" by the Popes);

- Father died early (when Conradin was four);

- Grew in semi-clandestinity, his tutors definitely keeping low profile;

- At the age of sixteen, when everybody in Italy had forgotten him, he decided to claim his rightful throne;

- Is welcomed with immense enthousiasm and fervor across the peninsula;

- Is defeated in battle by a stern, experienced, cruel enemy (Randyll Tarly ?);

- With his execution on the Piazza Santa Maria of Naples ends the line of the Hohenstaufen (but for some bastards here and there).

Conclusion: We're all going to weep bitterly when GRRM offs Aegon.

Well, in order to reconquer what's yours, you need to feel entitled, all the more if it is a whole kingdom you're reclaiming.

No kingdom was ever (re-)conquered by humility.

As for Tommen, so far he is an inconsequential puppet. I don't call that a good king.

Archived