If Jon got wind of Cersei's plot.....

Winter's Prince

• 1 year later...

“… to remove Jon Snow from the command,” Cersei finished, delighted. I knew I was right to want him [Qyburn]on my council. “That is just what we shall do.” She laughed. If the bastard boy is truly his father’s son, he will not suspect a thing. Perhaps he will even thank me, before the blade slides between his ribs. “It will have to be done carefully, for sure. “Leave the rest to me, my lords.” This was how an enemy should be dealth with: with a dagger, not a declaration. Cersei IV or chapter 17

Is this the plot you are speaking of? While forcing myself to reread AFFC I came upon it. For me it sheds a bit of new light on Jon’s assassination attempt.

I think that if Jon caught wind of an attempt on his life he would be hyper vigilant, perhaps training in the yard more frequently and wearing his chain mail at all times while outside his chambers.

Helpful thing I found http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Chapters_Table_of_contents

Is this the plot you are speaking of? While forcing myself to reread AFFC I came upon it. For me it sheds a bit of new light on Jon’s assassination attempt.

I think that if Jon caught wind of an attempt on his life he would be hyper vigilant, perhaps training in the yard more frequently and wearing his chain mail at all times while outside his chambers.

Helpful thing I found http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Chapters_Table_of_contents

:ninja: was just about to say that. Another thing worth mentioning is how he gets his food. Satin and three finger Hobb (kind of an assumption) are the only people between him and his food. Could be the reason he chose Satin as his steward against everyones advice. He sent all his other friends away but kept Satin close by. Who to trust better than the guy you face the biggest battle of your life with.

I don't think he would march on KL regardless, like others have said above, WInter is coming, as are the WW, plus all the Freys and Boltons would have to be dealt with first. As for being released form his vows, Aemon was offered multiple chances to relinquish his vows to take the IT, I think if he had a good reason for being released from his vows, the NW wouldn't mind, as long as they were compensated with men

Has any of Cersei's plots really succeeded.

This one would crash and burn and backfire on her like the rest of her genius, well thought out plans. Someone would find out, inform Jon and Osney kettleback is as good as dead.

I agree that Cersei’s schemes crash and burn.

Cersei wants Kettleblack to seduce Margaery [treason] saying that Tommen under Cersei’s guidance could send Osney to the Wall where he could kill the bastard boy [Jon].

I’m stuck in The Iron Captain POV right now looking at the upcoming The Drowned Man POV but I seem to remember Kettleblack is locked up later on for killing the HS that Tyrion placed in place.

What struck me as I reread the OP and AFFC Cersei POV was that I had not considered anyone other than the NW being involved in Jon’s attempted assassination. I had not considered Cersei or someone else pulling the strings.

An interesting thread that is running with this one is http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/127995-roll-call-who-all-is-present-at-castle-black-for-the-bowen-marsh-coup/page-2

Archived