George has released a NEW.......Paragraph!

NOTHING OTHER THAN THE WINDS OF WINTER.

I don't blame the doubt, I expect it, but that's good. go back to my original post and read it in detail.

Ill reiterate it for you commoners here.

In random house system it says

"2015"

Martin / Bantam books are announcing the release date this month. it hasn't happened yet. My source has confirmed that today. so WOIAF not it. Trust me when I say our discussion was very clear. THE WINDS OF WINTER. It has said "2015" in Random House's system for a long time now. Release date being announced this month. March. Now that release date could be next year....or this year. I am predicting it will be this year and going further I am predicting it will be no latter than August. My "personal" prediction. BUT HEY, That's just me.

"Just me." The raven quorked darkly. "Just me! JUST me! JUST ME!"

Man.

You really need to stop making me optimistic. This sort of thing will only make me sadder later.

But how would your friend even know? Connection or otherwise, it makes little sense. If it's true though I'll buy you a beer and say I was wrong.

A If he's wrong, you get to buy me a beer. And a whiskey.

Believe it....My Source is Legit, A random house employee. I would say the name, and you guys could look it up and confirm it top be true but that would give the game away,...(like asking for a jug of vinegar every morning) and destroy my relationship with said individual. So we wait a little less than 3 weeks to see if my word is as good as the gold in casterly rock

I don't care if you are right or wrong, I just like that you used this phrase. I think I'll have to work it into my everyday expressions.

I don't blame the doubt, I expect it, but that's good. go back to my original post and read it in detail.

"2015"

Martin / Bantam books are announcing the release date this month. it hasn't happened yet. My source has confirmed that today. so WOIAF not it. Trust me when I say our discussion was very clear. THE WINDS OF WINTER. It has said "2015" in Random House's system for a long time now. Release date being announced this month. March. Now that release date could be next year....or this year. I am predicting it will be this year and going further I am predicting it will be no latter than August. My "personal" prediction. BUT HEY, That's just me.

Please, God R'hllor, make it happen. :bowdown:

Something else (small) to note about that latest livejournal entry for GRRM is that it lists his location as "Santa Fe...for now."

He doesn't have anything on his events calendar until May-- and though this could just mean his (likely) travel for the Game of Thrones season four premiere junket... but maybe... just MAYBE... he has some other kind of surprise event he'll be attending soon...

Something else (small) to note about that latest livejournal entry for GRRM is that it lists his location as "Santa Fe...for now."

He doesn't have anything on his events calendar until May-- and though this could just mean his (likely) travel for the Game of Thrones season four premiere junket... but maybe... just MAYBE... he has some other kind of surprise event he'll be attending soon...

That's the first thing I noticed. :D For good 5 minutes I thought the rogue prince was Aemond. :lol: My mind was tickled by that little piece of information.

I too think it is about S4 premiere in LA.

"2015"

I really hope you are right, before you started spreading this I already had a gut feeling that the book was coming sooner than everybody kept saying. I just really, really hope your not a troll. I will hate you for it if you are lol

WoW is not coming out this year by ANY means. His publisher already confirmed that 2014 is out of the question, 2015 at the earliest.

Correct me if i'm wrong because I have been reading a lot of predictions on the release date lately and I can just as well be mixing stuff up but a publisher also stated it was coming out this year and later said it was a joke... they know the fans and how everybody would freak out about it, not really a joking matter.

Commercially seen releasing the book directly after season four has aired is the best thing to do.

Then George RR Martin has time to finish a Dream of Spring and release that at the same time season seven (the last one) goes on air.

"2015"

Alright, let's wait and see. Interesting times ahead. ^_^

Well, in that new Vanity Fair stuff that was in the news these past few days GRRM was quoted as still having hope that the TV series wouldn't finish before the books, and with 7 seasons almost being a certainty he will pretty much have to be done writing TWOW sometime this year, I'd say. And that would mean a 2014 or 2015 release. I know it's hard to imagine given all the man's side projects, but you cannot have TWOW releasing in 2016 and then ADOS one year later. Well, theoretically it could happen, but that seems very unlikely.

Anyway, I still have some hope Winds will at least be finished this year, if not published.

Archived