Sins that don't get enough mention/hate on the forums

AintNoStark

Arya killing the singer was normal that is what Starks are raised to believe you have to punish the criminal by yourself.Arya did what she was raised to believe.I think killing a deserter wasn't dark at all.Maybe because of her age it seems a little extreme but to me all of her kills served a reason some for survival some for justice.

Arya killing the singer was normal that is what Starks are raised to believe you have to punish the criminal by yourself.Arya did what she was raised to believe.I think killing a deserter wasn't dark at all.Maybe because of her age it seems a little extreme but to me all of her kills served a reason some for survival some for justice.

I think she misinterprets the practice. The lord of Winterfell (and other lords) are empowered to execute deserters in the name of the King. Random people like Arya are not, even if they are relatives of the lord.

Daenerys using Irri for her sexual pleasure altough she perfectly knows Irri does it as a duty.

Well... that is an interesting hair to split.. is the pleasure the sin? is sex the sin? or lesbian sex the sin? or sex with the help the sin?

would it be ok if Dany did not get any pleasure?

would it be ok if it wan not sexual pleasure?

would sexual pleasure be ok if it was a man?

would sexual pleasure with a woman that was not an employee be ok?

would sexual pleasure with a man that is an employee be ok?

I think she misinterprets the practice. The lord of Winterfell (and other lords) are empowered to execute deserters in the name of the King. Random people like Arya are not, even if they are relatives of the lord.

Well as far as Arya knows she is the last remaining Stark alive and she is the heir.If it was just for the Lord then why would Ned teach Bran the same thing?

:agree: And the crucifieing of 167 people that were not proven guilty. And the torture of the winesellers daughters. Killing of her brother. The list for Danys crimes is endless.

But I think she gets much hate here on the forum^^

:agree:

She gets way too much flak. But she isn't some heroic figure who is gonna right all of the wrongs of an unjust world. She isn't innocent or a virtuous character.

Not necessarily the worst, but the ones that get too little attention imo.
Tyrion arming the Mountain Clans.

Daenerys burning MMD.

Cersei not accepting Ned's generous offer (it's always "omg Ned y u so stuuuupid". basically a case of victim blaming).

Jaime ordering the killing of Ned's men.

Catelyn freeing Jaime (the aspect of treason [=sin] in this is neglected way too much!).

Well... that is an interesting hair to split.. is the pleasure the sin? is sex the sin? or lesbian sex the sin? or sex with the help the sin?

It doesnt matter the gender. Its abusing of a former slave mind that feels that kind of things are still her duty.

It would be ok if Daenerys didnt think Irri did that as a duty

Let's put it this way, if Dany had been a man, the negative focus on that scene would have been a LOT higher, and the R-word probably been used more than once. ;)

Axel Florent wanting to burn his cousin or at least being happy with it happeneing.

Littlefinger having the Bard/Singer tortured to make sure he lies when asked about what happened to Lysa.

Theon borderline sexually abusing or at least taking unfair advantage of the boat owner's daughter on his trip to the Iron Islands.

Dany leaving the people of Astapor to be mutilated(All boys turned into Unsullied) and then the whole city to be butchered by the Yunkai forces.

Any moment of blood magic being used by any characters. C'mon guys and grls. You're living in a fantasy world. Any spell that needs death, immolation, shadow babies or living in an animals body are not going to end well for you in the Long Game.

Joffrey getting the Kingsguard to beat Sansa really rankled me too. Somewhere down the line I really feel that the KG vows need a redraft, or at least the members shouldn't be allowed on active duty until they're damn sure they understand that "protecting the King" shouldn't extend to punching the 13 year old future Queen.

It doesnt matter the gender. Its abusing of a former slave mind that feels that kind of things are still her duty.

It would be ok if Daenerys didnt think Irri did that as a duty

So by that reasoning if Dany asked Irri for a glass of water and Irri were to think of it as a duty Dany would be equally sinful.

Dany the sinful drinker...

Well as far as Arya knows she is the last remaining Stark alive and she is the heir.If it was just for the Lord then why would Ned teach Bran the same thing?

I don't believe that Arya thinks Sansa is dead at this point, but I could be wrong. However, it's possible she thinks she's the last Stark left. But it's not enough for her to be a Stark since there are rules and structures around that authority.

Ned didn't teach Bran the reason for what he did because he expected Bran as an individual or a Stark to execute people. However, when Bran grew up and held a holdfast in Robb's name, he would be invested with authority to administer justice in the name of the King and the Lord of Winterfell. Then, he might have to execute people. It was important for him to learn so that he would be prepared for that role.

Additionally, my understanding is that lords administer justice on their own lands. Arya is not in Winterfell or even in the North at the time she executes the singer. I can't imagine that it would be ok for Tywin Lannister to execute someone on Ned's lands without specific authority from the King/Hand or the Lord of WInterfell. For example, Ned the Hand specifically gave Beric authority to go after the Mountain in the Westerlands after sentencing him to death.

Arya doesn't seem to understand the rules around the authority/right to execute people. However, that may not be her fault if she hasn't been educated as much as her brothers about such things.

She gets as much flak as she deserves considering the shit she pulls.

Barristan tell me about my father. OH FUCK STOP I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANY MORE.

Kill all 167 of these people....!

Sorry Quentyn, I know Dorne's a vital alliance, and Westerosi one at that, but I'd rather appease Hizdahr the Lawnmower than actually get a foothold in the venue of my final most important conquest.

Daario, your douchebaggery truly appeals to me. Let the whole court know about our affair!

Ned Stark? Omg usurper's dog.

Arya getting the stableboy at Harrenhall to inadvertently help steal 3 horses then:

"She hoped they would not hurt him afterward, but she knew they probably would."

all the time knowing Roose has taken servants heads for lesser crimes.

Arya assassinating Dareon was both to repay the Many Faced God for her saving Sam from the Braavos punks, as well as to audition for an acolyte's position at the FM temple.

Roose's involvement in the RW- Too many people direct their Red Wedding hate towards the Freys because Roose is a cool villain....Come on people! He killed his king and took part in the planning and slaughter of his fellow Northerners so he could rule them. The Freys did it for revenge (way over the top, disgusting and cowardly but still) while Roose did it for nothing but selfish power gain. He is just as bad as the Freys (if not worse). Why do you love him?....I don't get it! :bang:

Jaime pushing Bran out the Window- This was attempted murder and the deed isn't erased because Jaime got himself crippled (karma) and is becoming a better person. Although, I do like Jaime.

Jon trying to kill Thorne- Yeah, okay running at him with a knife was a bit much.

Robert neglecting his duties as a King and a Father and 'Dragonspawn'- There's an ongoing thread on this so I won't say much on the matter.

Dany allowing her brother to be killed rather brutally- He did threaten her life and her unborn child, admit to seeing her raped by an entire army (and their horses) should it benefited him, have her married to a known brute and abuse her with the 'dragon,' However, he also had a HUGE burden on his shoulders which was driving him towards desperation and madness, cared for her while they were both orphaned and he was her brother. She shouldn't have sat back and watched while boiling gold was poured over him and then continue to have bitter thoughts about him...only displaying some guilt and sorrow (not regret) afterwards.

Ned Stark beheading the NW deserter without trying to find out what terrified him so much.

The non-reactions of the characters make sense. In their world NW desertion means death and in the North he who passes the sentence should swing the sword...

And nobody knows/believes that White Walkers are real and back again.

But as readers we do know what's going on and that hardly anyone seems to have a problem with Ned killing the guy and just ignoring his warnings as the ramblings of a mad man always annoys me.

During the execution Ned seems much more concerned with teaching Bran the laws of the North than finding out the truth behind the man's deserting. And later on he's sitting alone wondering what's going on with the NW recently, with missing rangers and much more deserters than usual...

Well, maybe he should have tried to find some answers to these questions earlier in the day instead of talking to the deserter for 5 minutes before chopping his head off.

The only one who I've ever heard mention it is NCW

I share Jaime's view that there is an absurd sense of double standards going on with and around Ned Stark. Jaime killed a king that made Hitler look like Gandhi and the world is in shock (though secretly relieved) and mockingly names him Kingslayer.

Early on Ned Stark executes - beheads - a poor, terrified kid whose only crime was to be scared witless. No one takes notice because Ned Stark is an honorable man, and the kid was a deserter. But he kills a defenseless man for speaking the truth.

:agree: i don't think we should hate Ned for it but it deserves mentioning

Archived