Longclaw

The Old Bear bestows his Valyarian steel longsword to his steward, Jon Snow. An honor for a bastard boy to receive such a blade. It has a lion pommel, I think. "Should be a wolf..." Mormont says to Jon.

The story of Longclaw cannot be over. The story of a Valyarian sword is never over... I'm currently reading the combined version of Feast and Dance as per the Boiled Leather suggestion. I wonder about this sword though...the Old Bear is dead, but Jorah is not. Will Jon and Jorah come face to face? Will Jorah recognize his fathers sword?

Jon has a message for Jorah from his father....what was that message? Forgiveness?

The Old Bear bestows his Valyarian steel longsword to his steward, Jon Snow. An honor for a bastard boy to receive such a blade. It has a lion pommel, I think. "Should be a wolf..." Mormont says to Jon.

I think it was originally a Bear and Mormont had it reworked to a wold when he gave it to Jon.

I think the Old Bear gave up on Jorah and that's why he had the blade reworked for a Wolf.

You're right. I checked the wiki. When the wight attacked Mormont, Jon threw a lantern at it and the swords pommel was melted in the scuffle. Mormont had the bear replaced with a snarling wolfs head.

At first, I was kind of 'meh' about Jons storyline...but throughout SoS, I have considered him more and more and he is really growing on me.

At first, I was kind of 'meh' about Jons storyline...but throughout SoS, I have considered him more and more and he is really growing on me.

Jon is one of the best characters IMO. And it would be interesting in Jorah did recognize the blade if the meet.

Archived