[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4 Continued

Stubby

Carry on.

Also, please report the thread when it reaches 400 posts. The size of threads are kept to this level to help the forum cope with traffic.

Thanks.

<This is why D&D have said that "season 5 gives them nightmares:" Daznak's Pit as the episode 9 event, Jon Snow/Theon/Stannis/Brienne/Cersei getting halfway through their AFFC/ADWD arcs, IMO makes for a very underwhelming season of television. >

My suspicion is that they will finish Brienne's, Cersei's, and Jamie's AFFC arcs in season 5, but save their ADWD chapters until season 6, as well as Barristan's chapters and Tyrion's and Dani's last Chapters, the aftermath of the Battle of Ice and the Battle of Meerreen. Then there wouldn't be two plus chapters of Tyrion on a boat or Dani hanging around Meerreen. There's no rule that says that AFFC and ADWD have to be either two full seasons or only one season - they could make it a season and a half, thus allowing 2 and a half seasons to finish WOW and DOS.

I think season 5 could become much more interesting if they put more focus on Aegon's impending invasion. That will make the Lannisters fucking things up in KL much more interesting, and make the audience anticipate/dread the coming Targaryen civil war.

The problem of AFfC was that Cersei's story line in KL was not connected to any threat abroad (or in the North, with Stannis). We did not know what was going on there, so it her story was sort of underwhelming.

I was thinking, and I think I have an idea of what they might do with Brienne's story over the next few seasons. she's going to get the sword in ep 4, so she'll set out in ep 5. i think that she will have some adventures this season, and then get captured by the bwb. she will meet lsh in ep 10. this lets us get even more shock value out of it because we get the reveal through brienne's point of view, instead of random frey no. 6. I'm not exactly sure what would happen next, but it might be brienne gets sent by lsh to find sansa. then when she fails, lsh will have a reason to want to hang her. her affc material will get split between s4 and s5. she will do some stuff before meeting lsh, and some afterwards in the next season. i think brienne's story in s5 will end with the hanging.

this could even give brienne a chance to meet up with arya (and probably not recognize her) because they will both be in the riverlands in s4. just an idea

<This is why D&D have said that "season 5 gives them nightmares:" Daznak's Pit as the episode 9 event, Jon Snow/Theon/Stannis/Brienne/Cersei getting halfway through their AFFC/ADWD arcs, IMO makes for a very underwhelming season of television. >

My suspicion is that they will finish Brienne's, Cersei's, and Jamie's AFFC arcs in season 5, but save their ADWD chapters until season 6, as well as Barristan's chapters and Tyrion's and Dani's last Chapters, the aftermath of the Battle of Ice and the Battle of Meerreen. Then there wouldn't be two plus chapters of Tyrion on a boat or Dani hanging around Meerreen. There's no rule that says that AFFC and ADWD have to be either two full seasons or only one season - they could make it a season and a half, thus allowing 2 and a half seasons to finish WOW and DOS.

I agree, though I still think either the Battle of Ice or the Battle of Meereen needs to happen in season 5. Daznak's Pit, combined with the Battle of Ice, makes for a very good episode 9 IMO, and if Brienne, Cersei, Jaime, and Sam are confined to their AFFC material, I think that sounds like a fine, doable season.

In response to people from the first thread: I'm not saying that people would just get annoyed and suddenly stop watching after a couple of boring seasons: I'm saying that a show like GOT really needs its massive, international hype and momentum to maintain its budget. As I said, 2 seasons of watching characters mostly just mope around won't necessarily make people stop watching, but will, in my opinion, tone down the hype enough so that it won't be such a huge, worldwide hit anymore, which it really needs to be with its scale, budget, and large cast.

Of the newly released episode titles, I'd say Two Swords for the first was really unexpected, but it does fit, especially if, as has been speculated in book threads, Gendry will eventually use what he learned from Tobho Mott to recombine the swords Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper. It is something worth emphasizing even if that is false so Oathkeeper will be more meaningful.

The Lion and the Rose for 4x02 was less unexpected. I expected Tyrell or Lannister house words.

Breaker of Chains for 4x03 I like. I suspect that Dany will arrive at Meereen here, and Sansa's escape will be here. It works, and it is one of Dany's titles in the books.

Oathkeeper for 4x04 is my favorite, and I like how it will tie in the Craster's Keep subplot and the Jaime and Brienne scene "protecting Ned Stark's daughter with Ned Stark's own steel."

Assuming the supposed episode names for 4x05-4x10 is just trolling at WiC, I would like to see:

4x05-I have no idea.

4x06-A Lannister Always Pays his Debts (Tywin/Cersei can coerce Shae into testifying-we know the trial is here. Tyrion's "I am guilty of being of dwarf is here", we could very well have "A day will come when you think you are safe and happy and the joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you will know the debt is paid." here)

4x07-A Thousand Eyes and One

4x08-Say Her Name

4x09-The King Beyond the Wall (We will have Mag the Mighty, Mance, Stannis, and Jon Targaryen all beyond the wall here)

4x10-Heart of Stone (I know a lot of people have suggested Only a Cat of A Different Coat, but Catelyn died in the Rains of Castamere and I don't think it would be right to use a line as the episode name for the Lady Stoneheart intro. The heart of stone could be said to belong to a lot of people (Tyrion, Tywin, Shae, Littlefinger "Only Cat", Daenerys banishing Jorah and locking up the dragons, and obviously of course...Lady Stoneheart).

I could see instead of the Brotherhood hanging a random Frey, mention that lots of Freys are dying throughout, and then introduce Lady Stoneheart with Brienne at the end, having done some AFFC travelling. Then have her do the rest that is necessary (obviously cut some) in Season 5 alone heading back to Jaime, where they can meet towards the end of the season finale, expecting 5x08 to have Cersei's Fall, and 5x10 to have Jaime casting Cersei's letter in the fire.

This is not the thread to discuss potential pacing for Season 5, but I felt it relevant to how I see the Title and scene in 4x10 with Lady Stoneheart. I have other comments to how I see Season 5 ending, but I will not make them here. Heh.

Assuming the supposed episode names for 4x05-4x10 is just trolling at WiC, I would like to see:

4x05-I have no idea.

4x06-A Lannister Always Pays his Debts (Tywin/Cersei can coerce Shae into testifying-we know the trial is here. Tyrion's "I am guilty of being of dwarf is here", we could very well have "A day will come when you think you are safe and happy and the joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you will know the debt is paid." here)

4x07-A Thousand Eyes and One

4x08-Say Her Name

4x09-The King Beyond the Wall (We will have Mag the Mighty, Mance, Stannis, and Jon Targaryen all beyond the wall here)

4x10-Heart of Stone (I know a lot of people have suggested Only a Cat of A Different Coat, but Catelyn died in the Rains of Castamere and I don't think it would be right to use a line as the episode name for the Lady Stoneheart intro. The heart of stone could be said to belong to a lot of people (Tyrion, Tywin, Shae, Littlefinger "Only Cat", Daenerys banishing Jorah and locking up the dragons, and obviously of course...Lady Stoneheart).

I could see instead of the Brotherhood hanging a random Frey, mention that lots of Freys are dying throughout, and then introduce Lady Stoneheart with Brienne at the end, having done some AFFC travelling. Then have her do the rest that is necessary (obviously cut some) in Season 5 alone heading back to Jaime, where they can meet towards the end of the season finale, expecting 5x08 to have Cersei's Fall, and 5x10 to have Jaime casting Cersei's letter in the fire.

This is not the thread to discuss potential pacing for Season 5, but I felt it relevant to how I see the Title and scene in 4x10 with Lady Stoneheart. I have other comments to how I see Season 5 ending, but I will not make them here. Heh.

Your title predictions strike me as somewhat strange, and somehow off, but maybe that's just me. For one thing, 'A Lannister Always Pays His Debts' seems too long and too much like a sentence to be used in a title - it's the same thing that strikes me about 'Only a Cat of a Different Coat:' it's trying to force a whole thought across, when titles should really be concise, and are typically just fragments of quotes or place names relayed in cool rearrangments. Plus, 'A Lannister Always Pays His Debts' has already been used for a title in the soundtrack, and I don't think they would use it for an episode after that.

The bolded passage is an interesting theory, I had not considered that: personally, I think it more likely they'll hang Lame Lothar as a sort of post credit scene in the finale (not actually post-credits, persay, but if the last scene is Tyrion's escape, the screen could cut to black, making people think it's over, and then the scene could play out like it does in the books), but if Brienne is heading out in episode 4 already (judging by 'Oathkeeper'), I think it's certainly possible, and would be a welcome change for me.

I like Heart of Stone for the finale.

They definitely made notice of Lame Lother's limp last season, leading me to believe he will still be the one hanged by LSH. Unless it was an homage to the books, his limp is memorable and recognizable. As if him partaking in the Red Wedding isn't enough for tv fans to make the connection.

The remaining titles to be revealed will be our answer as to whether LSH is even in the show. A big mistake by D and D if they leave her out.

Well everytime Michelle Fairley is asked if she's coming back, she gets very coy about the whole thing. And if they can make Jason Momoa's cameo in S2 a secret, I'm sure they'll have no trouble bringing her back for one scene.

Yay I'd just like to point out that I'm 1/4 in episode titles so far from my predictions in the previous thread that I made at the end of January.

Breaker of Chains how did I not see that one?

oh well "words are wind" and "cold winds rising" are about the only ones I can see getting correct from here.

I agree, though I still think either the Battle of Ice or the Battle of Meereen needs to happen in season 5. Daznak's Pit, combined with the Battle of Ice, makes for a very good episode 9 IMO, and if Brienne, Cersei, Jaime, and Sam are confined to their AFFC material, I think that sounds like a fine, doable season.

I think the Battle of Mereen would make for a more interesting event than the Battle of Ice. Mereen is going to be a really major affair, it'll have a lot of players, and in general be much grander in scale than Stannis' relatively small battle will be, even if it does turn out to be a slaughter for one side or the other. It's also a bit repetitive to have three seasons 'climax' with a Stannis battle scene. He's a marshal guy, I'm sure people get that by now, he could use the screen time in other ways.

They can't use the Pink Letter cliffhanger if they show the battle, either.

I predicted Oathkeeper as Episode 5, but close enough.

I'm still holding onto hope that the last three episodes will be called Elia, The King Beyond the Wall, and Hands of Gold.

I just did a ten episode list without specifically listing which episode number went with which title for that reason.

I think the Battle of Mereen would make for a more interesting event than the Battle of Ice. Mereen is going to be a really major affair, it'll have a lot of players, and in general be much grander in scale than Stannis' relatively small battle will be, even if it does turn out to be a slaughter for one side or the other. It's also a bit repetitive to have three seasons 'climax' with a Stannis battle scene. He's a marshal guy, I'm sure people get that by now, he could use the screen time in other ways.

They can't use the Pink Letter cliffhanger if they show the battle, either.

Another point in favour of the Battle of Fire capping off Meereen is with the events mostly unconnected to Westeros, there's a lot more flexibility with speeding it up a bit without having to make major changes and zoom through all of ADWD. The Battle of Ice on the other hand is much more interconnected with the Westerosi plotlines (especially Jon's death). Imo Battle of Fire would be a perfect episode 9 for S5 with episode 10 having Jon's "death" as the major event.

Archived