[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4 Continued

Stubby

^ I'd go with Battle of Winterfell over Meereen for Season 5, or at least the battle at the crofter's village and then something else happening afterwards, maybe not what happens in Winterfell. The northern storyline is the best one in ADWD and it would make for great television if we could see a (hopefully) Stannis victory at the village, the Pink Letter, and the stabbing.

Now that I know that the PW episode is called the Lion and the Rose, I'm kicking myself over not guessing it. It's seems like the kind of title someone on this site would have suggested at some point. Did anyone? Anyway, now that we know that episode 1 isn't going to be called Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. I think this may be the title for episode 8 as opposed to Elia.

On the topic of how much into AFFC/ADWD season 5 will go, there is an interview with Lena and she think the walk of shame may be "next year" (meaning season 5). If she is right, then all of King's Landing storyline from AFFC/ADWD will be done in just 1 season. Of course this is just second hand information since (that I know) D&D hadn't finish the scripts yet...

On the topic of how much into AFFC/ADWD season 5 will go, there is an interview with Lena and she think the walk of shame may be "next year" (meaning season 5). If she is right, then all of King's Landing storyline from AFFC/ADWD will be done in just 1 season. Of course this is just second hand information since (that I know) D&D hadn't finish the scripts yet...

Well, she does mention that they've been having discussions about it with D&D, so I'd imagine that it's forthcoming (as in, happening next season).

The problem with most of the guesses I see is that they all focus on 1 or 2 storylines, namely King's Landing and the Wall. There are always 2 to 3 episodes that comes from Dany's story lines and 1 to 2 that comes from Arya's,

So far only Breaker of Chains refers to Dany's storyline. There has to be at least another. And another one that comes from Arya's storyline. I'm going to guess that "Gift of Mercy" is definitely going to be one of the titles, I will also guess that one of the episodes will be titled "You know nothing".

I think season 5 will focus on:

• Cersei's story line majorly: with the tyrell/lannister power struggle thrown into the mix
  • Dorne entering on a high note: Doran, Aero, Arianne, Arys etc.
  • The first half of tyrions story up to where he is captured by Jorah.
  • Iron islands story line up to where victarion leaves for essos

Jamie, Brienne, Stannis, Jon and all the others i honestly have no clue how they will sort it out

I think it's not that of a bad move to have the Walk of Shame in season 5. It could work as a climax for Cersei.

Although, but that's personal, I'd have prefered her climax of season 5 to be her imprisonment at the Sept of Baelor. It is really the moment that surprised me and in a way chocked me most of the books.

I think it's not that of a bad move to have the Walk of Shame in season 5. It could work as a climax for Cersei.

Although, but that's personal, I'd have prefered her climax of season 5 to be her imprisonment at the Sept of Baelor. It is really the moment that surprised me and in a way chocked me most of the books.

Both can work as a climax. The problem of ending with her imprisonment is that the Walk of Shame has to happen very early in season 6, and that may or may not work as well with the unpublished material (D&D know better than we do on that regard).

But it's clear to me that the KL storyline in season 5 has to end with Varys killing Pycelle. There's no way to hold that back until the end of season 6, and that HAS to be a season-ending moment (along with Winter finally coming). The Walk of Shame can happen before or after that, IMO.

Regarding the possible battle to end season 5, I think both COULD happen storywise (if Yara is captured by Stannis in season 5). But, they won't have both because of the budget. Therefore, I think that the Battle of Meereen is far more likely because of several reasons:

-It involves several main characters, including THE main characters (Dany and Tyrion)

-It clearly resolves a storyline that could kill the series (Dany staying in Meereen forever)

-It's visually more striking and different from the other two big battles (KL and the Wall).

On the other hand, the northern storyline has a very clear ending point: the stabbing of Jon.

I think those will be the ending points of season 5 (Winter has come, Varys kills Pycelle, Jon is stabbed and the Battle of Meereen).

On the other hand, the northern storyline has a very clear ending point: the stabbing of Jon.

I was under the impression that Jon's assassination happens after the Battle for Ice. I can't see them keeping the Pink Letter mystery unless they don't show the Battle of Ice.

I think that characters story lines are going end in something like this.

Cersei: imprisoned

Jaime: takes Riverrun

Tyrion: captured by Jorah

Dany: Quentyn's proposal

Stannis: takes Deepwood Motte or the Dreadfort (I think these are going to switch places) and captures Asha

Theon: meets Abel (I still hope, that's not Winterfell in the Season 4 trailer, because they're going too deep into aDwD territory).

Jon: the deal with Tormund

Davos: the deal with Wyman Manderly

Arianne: Doran tells her his plans

Victarion: send to Essos

Brienne: captured by Stoneheart

Sam: Aemon's death

Sansa: Littlefinger tells how she'll deal with the lords of Vale

Arya: blinded

Bran: weirwood paste

It would make no sense whatsoever to end a season with Jon's death and the Pink Letter, when you have revealed before that Stannis is still alive. The whole thing creates tension precisely because people don't yet know whether Stannis is alive or dead.

If they show the battle before the Pink Letter, pretty much everyone would consider Jon to be stupid if he rashly acts on this obvious (to the audience) attempt of deception.

That seems reasonable to me. I mean there are only three KL chapters in ADWD anyway (including the epilogue) so you may as well go the whole hog. That would also allow them to open straight up with the Trial in S6.

I think that characters story lines are going end in something like this.

Cersei: imprisoned

Jaime: takes Riverrun

Tyrion: captured by Jorah

Dany: Quentyn's proposal

Stannis: takes Deepwood Motte or the Dreadfort (I think these are going to switch places) and captures Asha

Theon: meets Abel (I still hope, that's not Winterfell in the Season 4 trailer, because they're going too deep into aDwD territory).

Jon: the deal with Tormund

Davos: the deal with Wyman Manderly

Arianne: Doran tells her his plans

Victarion: send to Essos

Brienne: captured by Stoneheart

Sam: Aemon's death

Sansa: Littlefinger tells how she'll deal with the lords of Vale

Arya: blinded

Bran: weirwood paste

Where's the climactic event there? None of those would really make a good end to a season, only a good end to an episode.

It would make no sense whatsoever to end a season with Jon's death and the Pink Letter, when you have revealed before that Stannis is still alive. The whole thing creates tension precisely because people don't yet know whether Stannis is alive or dead.

If they show the battle before the Pink Letter, pretty much everyone would consider Jon to be stupid if he rashly acts on this obvious (to the audience) attempt of deception.

Unless, of course, Stannis really is dead…

Though I agree, it takes away from the gravity of Jon's situation if the audience already knows the answer. I just can't see the show being that vague with timelines and putting something in season 5 which happens after and as a direct consequence of something they put in season 6.

But it's clear to me that the KL storyline in season 5 has to end with Varys killing Pycelle. There's no way to hold that back until the end of season 6, and that HAS to be a season-ending moment (along with Winter finally coming). The Walk of Shame can happen before or after that, IMO.

Although it was epic in the books, I think that would actually make a lousy season ending scene, simply because Kevan and Pycelle aren't particularly important characters on the show. For me I have always seen it as the ideal 6x04 moment.

Anyway, a lot of this conversation should be taking place in either this thread:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103110-book-spoilers-too-many-storylines-in-season-5/

or this thread:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98621-book-spoilers-predictions-for-tv-series-season-by-season/

I like the title thread, and don't particularly want to see it get shut down by mods before all the titles for the season are revealed.

Although it was epic in the books, I think that would actually make a lousy season ending scene, simply because Kevan and Pycelle aren't particularly important characters on the show. For me I have always seen it as the ideal 6x04 moment.

Anyway, a lot of this conversation should be taking place in either this thread:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103110-book-spoilers-too-many-storylines-in-season-5/

or this thread:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98621-book-spoilers-predictions-for-tv-series-season-by-season/

I like the title thread, and don't particularly want to see it get shut down by mods before all the titles for the season are revealed.

I never meant that the season should end with that scene. I only said that scene has to be part of the finale. The important thing about it is that Winter has arrived, and the revelation of Varys' real plans.

And sorry about the deviation. Back to topic?

So, any ideas on when the rest of the titles will be released? Seems a bit odd that we've got the first four but not the rest…

Then again, I also thought the titles would be bigger marketing points, rather than being quietly released a month before the premiere by HBO Latino. I suppose nobody except us really pays attention to or cares about what they name the episodes, as long as the content is good… :P

It would be a fantastic way to cap off the S5 KL storyline.

Definitely. I'm really looking forward to this, it's the kind of scene that can really look amazing on TV/visual medium.

Also, I doubt they'll have much/any AFFC/ADWD material left by season 6.

Definitely. I'm really looking forward to this, it's the kind of scene that can really look amazing on TV/visual medium.

Also, I doubt they'll have much/any AFFC/ADWD material left by season 6.

Season 6 will need to cover almost exclusively TWoW. Maybe around half of the book, if HBO gives them 8 seasons. If the show stops at seven, it would have to be even more; practically the entire book.

Archived