[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4 Continued

Stubby

i think jon's"death" along with dany riding drogon would make a good ep 9 for season 5. ending the season with the pink letter would be too confusing for show watchers (no offense). just having stannis show up the next season would seem really weird. it would be good if ep 10 included theon's arrival/ his chat with stan from the preview chapter.

ep 8 could have bolton send out the freys and manderleys, and really hype up the battle. then when people hear about it through the letter, they could totally believe it. waiting 10 months for the answers would be really difficult, and it would seem odd to just come back the next season with "hey remember how stannis died, yeah, no he didnt".

i know this is exactly what happened in the books, but that is just different. it wouldnt work in a tv show.

Not sure if it's already been posted (or this is the right thread), but here's the press releases for the first four episodes:

EMMY®- AND GOLDEN GLOBE-WINNING HBO SERIES GAME OF THRONES RETURNS FOR FOURTH SEASON APRIL 6

Encouraged by the Red Wedding slaughter in the Riverlands that wiped out many of their Stark nemeses, the Lannisters’ hold on the Iron Throne remains intact…but can they survive their own egos, as well as new and ongoing threats from the south, north and east? While an unbowed Stannis Baratheon continues to rebuild his army in Dragonstone, a more immediate danger comes from the south, as Oberyn Martell, the Lannister-loathing “Red Viper of Dorne,” arrives at King’s Landing to attend Joffrey’s wedding to Margaery Tyrell, and perhaps act on an ulterior agenda. In the north, a depleted Night’s Watch seems overmatched against the inexorable Wall advances of Mance Rayder’s army of wildlings, which in turn is being trailed by an even more formidable foe: the undead White Walkers. As if that weren’t enough, Daenerys Targaryen, accompanied by her menacing trio of dragons and army of Unsullied, is poised to liberate Meereen, the largest city in Slaver’s Bay, which could ultimately provide her with enough ships to sail to Westeros and reclaim the Iron Throne.

The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning GAME OF THRONES returns for its ten-episode fourth season SUNDAY, APRIL 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, followed by other episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time. Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, the hit series is an epic story of treachery and nobility set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years, and only the lust for power is eternal.

Returning series regulars on GAME OF THRONES this season include: Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish), Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna Tyrell), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark).

Additional returning series regulars this season include: Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Conleth Hill (Varys), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Sibel Kekilli (Shae), Rose Leslie (Ygritte), Rory McCann (Sandor “The Hound” Clegane), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow) and Carice van Houten (Melisandre).

Returning cast members include: Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), Kristian Nairn (Hodor) and Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy).
New cast members for the fourth season include: Pedro Pascal (Oberyn Martell), Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand, Oberyn’s paramour), Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Lord Mace Tyrell), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis, a mercenary ally to Daenerys), Yuri Kolokolnikov (Styr, a wildlings chief) and Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (Ser Gregor Clegane, a.k.a. “The Mountain”).

April’s episodes:

Episode #31: “Two Swords”
Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: April 6 (11:00 p.m., 1:00 a.m.), 7 (11:00 p.m.), 8 (9:00 p.m., 11:00 p.m.), 9 (12:30 a.m.), 10 (10:00 p.m.), 11 (9:00 p.m.), 12 (10:15 p.m.) and 18 (8:00 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: April 7 (9:00 p.m.), 11 (4:00 a.m.) and 13 (4:15 p.m., 8:00 p.m.)
Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) finds himself unwelcome. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into an old friend.
Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by D. B. Weiss.

Episode #32: “The Lion and the Rose”
Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 13 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Other HBO playdates: April 13 (11:00 p.m., 1:00 a.m.), 14 (11:30 p.m.), 15 (9:00 p.m., 11:00 p.m.), 16 (12:15 a.m.), 17 (10:00 p.m.), 18 (9:00 p.m.), 19 (12:45 a.m.) and 25 (8:00 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: April 14 (9:00 p.m.), 18 (3:30 a.m.) and 20 (4:45 p.m., 8:00 p.m.)
Tyrion lends Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a hand. Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery (Natalie Dormer) host a breakfast. At Dragonstone, Stannis (Stephen Dillane) loses patience with Davos (Liam Cunningham). Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) finds a purpose for his pet. North of the Wall, Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) sees where they must go.
Written by George R.R. Martin; directed by Alex Graves.

Episode #33: “Breaker of Chains”
Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Other HBO playdates: April 20 (11:00 p.m., 1:00 a.m.), 21 (midnight), 22 (8:00 p.m., 11:00 p.m.), 23 (midnight), 24 (10:00 p.m.), 25 (9:00 p.m.) and 26 (12:45 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: April 21 (9:00 p.m.), 25 (3:30 a.m.) and 27 (3:30 p.m., 8:00 p.m.)
Tyrion ponders his options. Tywin (Charles Dance) extends an olive branch. Sam (John Bradley) realizes Castle Black isn’t safe, and Jon proposes a bold plan. The Hound (Rory McCann) teaches Arya the way things are. Dany chooses her champion.
Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alex Graves.

Episode #34: “Oathkeeper”
Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Other HBO playdates: April 27 (11:30 p.m., 2:00 a.m.), 28 (10:30 p.m.), 29 (9:00 p.m., 11:00 p.m.) and 30 (12:30 a.m.)
HBO2 playdate: April 28 (9:00 p.m.)
Dany balances justice and mercy. Jaime tasks Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) with his honor. Jon secures volunteers while Bran, Jojen (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), Meera (Ellie Kendrick) and Hodor (Kristian Nairn) stumble on shelter.
Written by Bryan Cogman; directed by Michelle MacLaren.

Interesting. Now we certainly know where to put some stuff. Like the Hero of Meereen and The gift of mercy in E03. To me it sounds like Slynt, Thorne and Locke are already in Castle Black in E01. But what do you guys think?

Also; Iwan Rheon, Michael McElhatton, Gwendoline Christie and Kristofer Hivju are now series regulars. Yay!

'Two Swords':

Tyrion welcomes Oberyn, Jon meets Alliser Thorne again. No idea if Slynt is already there, but it may be the case. Dany is on her way to Meereen, Arya meets Polliver again, I guess.

'The Lion and the Rose':

Tyrion pitches the Golden Hand idea to Jaime, and draws up a plan for it. The breakfast with the whole court gang, hopefully the book and the Bran murder plot revelation included. I hope Viserys II is properly defended by Tyrion during his bater with Oberyn. Followed by the whole Purple Wedding, of course. No idea about the Dragonstone part. I guess Stannis doesn't like Davos' suggestions. But what does he suggest? To make an alliance with Lysa? Is Ramsay already dressing Theon properly again? I doubt that, he may be allowed to escape and ends up as prey during one of the hunts...

Bran at the weirwood tree from the trailers?

'Breaker of Chains':

Tyrion in prison. Tywin and the olive tree may be either Cersei, Jaime, or the Tyrells. I guess he'll offer Olenna to marry Jaime to Margaery. Tyrion most certainly won't get an olive branch. The Sam and Jon thing seems to refer to the campaign against the traitors at Craster's Keep. Arya and Sandor meeting the dying survivor from the Twins. The duel before the walls of Meereen. It seems as if this thing is going to set as a rivalry between Daario and Jorah, with Dany eventually choosing Daario.

'Oathkeeper':

Has Dany already taken Meereen? Could be, but it would be strange... Jaime sends Brienne off with his sword to find and protect Sansa. Jon searches for volunteers to avenge the Old Bear. Bran and his gang stumble on the hut their are hiding in Bran's first ADwD chapter. Perhaps this will turn out to be Craster Keep in the TV series. If Coldhands does show up, he could deal with the traitors in that episode.

The distribution of the storylines seems to be quite clean for now:

KL is featured in all the episodes.

Dany and Jon's storylines are featured in 1,3 and 4, and Arya in 1,3.

While Bran, Stannis and Theon appear in episode 2 (and Bran again in 4).

Am I forgeting any storyline (not counting Sansa)? If this is correct, that's only around 4 storylines per episode, which is quite less than in previous seasons!

Interesting that the episode 2 sum says ramsay finds a purpose for his pet/ reek. Some might assume that this is referring to moat Catlin, but I think it is referring to theon/ reek becoming ramsay,s servant . probably moving him to the kennel to watch over his hounds. I also think he may have reek release the girl he his hunting in the trailer. it is too early for moat catlin and the trailer clearly shows ramsay hunting the girl seen running through the tunnel. so I think he will play a part in the hunt, though he will not actually go along for it.

I like the idea of Jon getting stabbed ending season 5, since the Wall is all politics all season. Stab him in episode 9 and have the final scene of S5 be (as most seem to predict) a Ghost perspective.

With Roose and Ramsay both as regulars, it's now very likely they'll show the Dreadfort in the opening credits.

I hope that's the case. However, I suspect they may have the Boltons take over the remains of Winterfell and establish their powerbase there. Probably easier from a production standpoint than developing an elaborate new set.

Archived