World of Ice and Fire App Update

I've always wondered why Aenar to Aerion were just Lords. Maybe to start with whilst Valyria still existed but afterward? I imagine they didn't crown themselves Kings because it would draw the attention of the many other kings of Westeros but it just got me thinking.

Could Prince of Dragonstone have been a hereditary title from those years? So Aerion was Prince Aerion?

We have now Prince Daemon Targaryen (married to Laena Velaryon), and Prince Aenys Targaryen (married to Alyssa Velaryon). Rhaenyra was a princess, and should thus not count. Very good chances for another Targaryen-Velaryon match are Daeron I, since he had a Velaryon mother (if he married before his father's death), as well as Princes Rhaegel and Maekar (since they apparently had no sisters to marry).

Maekar especially should have had a Targaryen/Velaryon/Valyrian bride since all of his sons but Daeron the Drunk had very prominent Valyrian features.

I've said it earlier, I'd like it if one of Princess Elaena's three husbands was one of Oakenfist's legitimate sons. She was much closer in age to them, than to Alyn, and it's easily imaginable that one of her daughters was married to either Rhaegel or Maekar.

As to the warlocks:

Is Pyat Pree dead then? I don't remember what Euron did to the warlocks he captured... And does this make any sense, in regards to the time line? Dany leaves Qarth in the end of ACoK, and Euron shows up on Pyke even before the Red Wedding. He must have made real haste, then. This whole thing could explain how Euron learned about Dany, though. May he have stolen Dragonbinder from the warlocks of Qarth. They keeping such an artifact in one of their vaults - perhaps from some ancient victory in a war between Valyria and Qarth - makes a lot more sense than assuming that he found it lying around somewhere in Valyria...

On Daenaera:

It's also not impossible that Corlys remarried off-screen during the Dance, leaving a pregnant woman back on Driftmark when he was appointed Hand of the Queen and/or later when accompanied Rhaenyra and her forces to KL.

If Daenaera is born in 130 AC, she would have been old enough to give birth to Daeron I in 143 AC, I think. But if the fact that she is only listed as Baelor's mother is not a mistake, and she is not the mother of Daeron I, then the theory that Daenaera is either the daughter of Corlys/Addam/Alyn born throughout the Dance may make even more sense. It's easily imaginable that Daeron I was remade in the only child of Queen Jaehaera Targaryen, who may have died giving birth to him (this could also explain why Daeron I was named after Daeron the Daring - if he was named after him; it could have been Jaehaera's last wish upon her death).

Another possibility is that Aegon III had three wives. 1. Jaehaera - no issues. 2. The unknown mother of Daeron I who died in childbirth. 3. Daenaera Velaryon, the mother of Baelor, Daena, Rhaena, and Elaena.

Euron caught 4 warlocks near Qarth and fed the most belligerent one to the other three. I always assumed that Pyat Pree (as the leader of the four) to be the most outspoken and was the one fed to the others. I assume as soon as he caught them and heard about Dany, he headed west. Although why he headed back to the Isles and not Pentos (where the warlocks were going to find her) is still a bit of a mystery.

However, when GRRM wrote on NAB about characters that are still alive in his books but dead in the TV series, he specifically mentioned Pyat Pree (as being alive). In another comment, he said that we would learn the fate of Pyat Pree in the next books. A bit misleading so I wasn't sure which to believe.

I like the theory that the Dusky Woman is one of the Warlocks.

Well, then only one of them has to be dead. The assumption that the Dusky Woman may a tamed female warlock is interesting, but does her skin color (dark) argue against that. The Qartheen have very pale skin, and I'd be very surprised if a warlock of Qarth was not a born-and-bred Qartheen. They are not part of the Pureborn, of course, but the Pureborn are only the utmost elite of Qartheen society, the descendants of the ancient kings of Qarth.

Another thing is that the Dusky Woman does not seem to have the blue lips, or does she? It may be that the warlocks eventually were able to locate Dany magically in Slaver's Bay during the voyage (it's unlikely that Euron heard about the developments in Slaver's Bay on the way back to Westeros - he would have traveled faster than the news about Astapor). This could explain why Euron did not go to Pentos first (although he would not have been able to take Dany with only one ship!).

Later on he knows that Dany is in Slaver's Bay, although he could have heard about that after the Ironborn had taken the Shield Isles. If I remember correctly, then the whole Dany marriage thing only comes up in 'The Reaver'.

But where are those warlocks if they are not all dead? Where is Pyat Pree? Could he have escaped Euron? Is he hidden among Euron's mongrels? I'm pretty sure an alliance between Pyat Pree and Euron is impossible. He wants to kill Dany, but Euron wants to use her and her dragons.

On Daenaera:

If Daenaera is born in 130 AC, she would have been old enough to give birth to Daeron I in 143 AC, I think. But if the fact that she is only listed as Baelor's mother is not a mistake, and she is not the mother of Daeron I, then the theory that Daenaera is either the daughter of Corlys/Addam/Alyn born throughout the Dance may make even more sense. It's easily imaginable that Daeron I was remade in the only child of Queen Jaehaera Targaryen, who may have died giving birth to him (this could also explain why Daeron I was named after Daeron the Daring - if he was named after him; it could have been Jaehaera's last wish upon her death).

Another possibility is that Aegon III had three wives. 1. Jaehaera - no issues. 2. The unknown mother of Daeron I who died in childbirth. 3. Daenaera Velaryon, the mother of Baelor, Daena, Rhaena, and Elaena.

It's hard to form any concrete conclusions from new information in the app on this matter, since Baelor, Daeron and their three sisters are all grouped together as siblings of one another, but Daenaera is expressly mentioned only in the family information for Baelor, and there is no discussion of spouses at all in the entry for Aegon III.

Aegon III's entry expressly calls all of his brothers (both 3 Velaryon-fathered and 1 Targaryen-fathered) as "siblings" as well, with no differentiation between them.

Doubtless the ongoing gaps in understanding in the Targ family tree will be filled out in due course.

It's hard to form any concrete conclusions from new information in the app on this matter, since Baelor, Daeron and their three sisters are all grouped together as siblings of one another, but Daenaera is expressly mentioned only in the family information for Baelor, and there is no discussion of spouses at all in the entry for Aegon III.

The same goes for Alysanne being the daughter of Aenys I and Alyssa Velaryon but Alyssa is not listed as the mother of Jaehaerys (who has been referenced as a full sibling of Alysanne?) and Rhaena.

The warlocks are still on Euron's ship as of The Reaver chapter.

Daenara was mother to Daeron I as well. Just a slip up when the app was being prepared that the information was dropped from Daeron. Same with Alyssa Velaryon as mother of both Jaehaerys and Alysanne.

Daenara was mother to Daeron I as well. Just a slip up when the app was being prepared that the information was dropped from Daeron. Same with Alyssa Velaryon as mother of both Jaehaerys and Alysanne.

Wheee, I love factual facts that are factually confirmed.

So, has Daenaera's surname before marriage been mentioned in the app? Too bad that Dragonsbane's second wife wasn't Rhaena or Baela... Well, there is still hope that GRRM had a better idea about the identity of Viserys II's wife and it is one of the sisters... Though, did the naming of Aegon's children Baelor and Rhaena seemingly in their honor, meant that both of them were dead when their namesakes were born?

So, has Daenaera's surname before marriage been mentioned in the app? Too bad that Dragonsbane's second wife wasn't Rhaena or Baela... Well, there is still hope that GRRM had a better idea about the identity of Viserys II's wife and it is one of the sisters... Though, did the naming of Aegon's children Baelor and Rhaena seemingly in their honor, meant that both of them were dead when their namesakes were born?

Daenaera Velaryon

Daemon's twins are much closer in age to Alyn Velaryon than to either Aegon III or Viserys II. If Rhaena did not marry that Corbray guy, and if any of them/both survived the Dance, any of them could have become the next Lady Velaryon.

Could it be that Baela was married to Addam before Rhaenyra took King's Landing?

Daemon's twins are much closer in age to Alyn Velaryon than to either Aegon III or Viserys II. If Rhaena did not marry that Corbray guy, and if any of them/both survived the Dance, any of them could have become the next Lady Velaryon.

Could it be that Baela was married to Addam before Rhaenyra took King's Landing?

Most definitly possible. I think that if either Addam or Alyn got married during the Dance (upon their legitimatization, which wouldn't be the strangest thing), we just don't know about it yet due to the editing. Their potential marriages would not have been relevant to the story as it was published in Dangerous Women, so it would be understandable if it got edited out.

In Genna's entry, it says that Tion is her youngest son and Red Walder isn't even listed in her offspring section.

In Eddard Karstark's entry, it pretty much claims he doesn't have a sister.

In Jon Snow's entry, there are quite a few. I think it needs a thorough proof for spelling mistakes too.
- Brandon the Daughterless is referred to as a King of Winter. I thought he was a Lord because Bael used the kingsroad?

- It implies Thorne had a good chance of being elected as LC.

- It also states that Stannis may discover Aemon's royal blood. Stannis already knew.
- Stannis burnt Mance 2 chapters before he was advised by Jon to retake Deepwood Motte. The entry has it the other way round.

Was Lem at the Mummer's Ford when the Gregor ambushed Beric? I thought they picked him up in the Riverlands.

Got this email from Random house as I asked them if the app will be available in the Netherlands:

Hello,

We strive to make our apps available to as many customers worldwide as
possible. However, at this time, we are unable to release some of our apps
in every country in the world. We can assure you that we are looking for
ways to release the World of Ice and Fire app for Android in the
Netherlands eventually.

Thank you for contacting us,

The Random House Digital Team

Archived