World of Ice and Fire App Update

Map always correct! Not sure how that one happened.

One map discrepancy I've found regards the Three Sisters. Godric Borrell verifies that Sisterton is located on Sweetsister. Both The Lands of Ice and Fire and the Map of the North from A Dance with Dragons place Sisterton on the middle island of the Three Sisters. However, the map collection and the app both label Littlesister as the middle island and Sweetsister as the eastern island (they should be switched if Sisterton's placement is correct).

The app has entries for each of the Three Sisters, but I cannot find pins for them on the map. The Littlesister and Longsister entries state "The islands have been fought over by the Kings of Mountain and Vale and the Kings of the North". Should that instead be Kings in the North?

• 3 weeks later...

The entry for Stannis states he "is charged with building a new royal fleet which will then sail to Dragonstone, laying siege to the Citadel, which houses the pregnant Queen Rhaenyra and Prince Viserys Targaryen", but the link in the sentence is to the maesters' Citadel in Oldtown. In ACOK Dragonstone is referred to as a citadel (lower case).

Ran, I was just wondering where is Sweetport Sound, the seat of House Sunglass located? Is it on one of the Isles of the Blackwater (Driftmark, Dragonstone or Claw Isles) or is it near Sharp point, or alternatively adjacent the Claws Isles on Crackclaw point. It's one House I just can't pinpoint.

The entry for Stannis states he "is charged with building a new royal fleet which will then sail to Dragonstone, laying siege to the Citadel, which houses the pregnant Queen Rhaenyra and Prince Viserys Targaryen", but the link in the sentence is to the maesters' Citadel in Oldtown. In ACOK Dragonstone is referred to as a citadel (lower case).

Rhaenyra lives! :p

Rhaenyra lives! :P

Good catch! The Stannis entry should have Rhaella instead of Rhaenyra.

On a separate note, the Ironman's Bay entry states it is "bounded by the northern shore of the westerlands, the riverlands, the Neck, and Cape Kraken."

That should be Cape of Eagles (riverlands) instead of Cape Kraken (the north). The published maps have so far shown Ironman's Bay as roughly bordered by Cape of Eagles, Seagard, Banefort, and Harlaw. Cape Kraken and the Flint Cliffs, however, are farther to the north and the bay would therefore be significantly larger. The Cape of Eagles entry does state "it forms the northern shore of Ironman's Bay".

Question about the Isle of Women. It is said that it's "desolate". Does it mean just that it's deserted? Or that it's also barren? I find it weird that an island the roughly the size of São Tomé, located next to the coast of Walano and in the route to Essos and Westeros isn't inhabited.

My sis is having issues finding the app in the google play store, she can find it by googling but it will not install that way, any ideas for help?

Log in on the play store in the computer, have her add the app to her favorites list, and then tell her to open the play store on her Phone, it should be under favorites there as well then.

Depending on the kind of phone you have, and the country you guys are in, you guys might not be able to download the app.

But if the phone and country are no issue, this way your sister should be able to find the app on her Phone.

Archived