World of Ice and Fire App Update

Prior to the Purple Wedding in Chapter 60 of ASOS, Tyrion thinks, "Seagard had yielded to Black Walder Frey, Lord Randyll Tarly held Maidenpool, Duskendale, and the kingsroad."

Jaime observes Kevan giving pardons to Tommen to sign in Chapter 72 of ASOS: "This is your royal pardon for Lord Gawen Westerling, his lady wife and his daughter Jeyne, welcoming them back into the king's peace. This is a pardon for Lord Jonos Bracken of Stone Hedge. This is a pardon for Lord Vance. This for Lord Goodbrook. This for Lord Mooton of Maidenpool."

In Chapter 73 of ASOS, Polliver says, "The traders are back at Maidenpool, I heard. Randyll Tarly took the castle and locked Mooton in a tower cell."

I think the first mention of the Tarly/Mooton marriage is from a farmer in Chapter 14 of AFFC: "Mooton's daughter, she's a maid. Till the bedding, anyways. These eggs, they're for her wedding. Her and Tarly's son."

Just to clarify stuff, it was clear to me that Mooton technically rebelled against the Iron Throne. He was a Riverlord, after all. And I know that he was pardoned, I just thought that Tarly's disgust for him had to do with the fact that he did not offer any resistance when the raiders sacked his city, nor later when he showed up to demand that he bend the knee.

But apparently I was mistaken on that one

I just thought that Tarly's disgust for him had to do with the fact that he did not offer any resistance when the raiders sacked his city, nor later when he showed up to demand that he bend the knee.

That was always my interpretation as well.

Yeah, well, my point was that I was surprised that Tarly apparently really considered Mooton a threat/an active rebel. My impression was that his pardon was really nothing but a formality, considering that he did apparently not fight anyone at all.

And I also thought Tarly imprisoned him because he was disgusted by him, not because the Iron Throne considered him a threat.

I've understood that the app says Genna was 7 years old when she was betrothed, and that Tytos was the youngest of his siblings. The notes from the reading this weekend, and the people who had written it, assure me that Tytos had at least 1 younger brother, and than Genna had been 9 not 7 years old when she was betrothed.

If Tytos' younger brother is correct (according to the notes I read, his name was Jason and he was the father of Stafford, Joanna, and three as of yet unnamed Lannisters and one Lannister bastard), and Genna's change of age as well (from 7 to 9), that should be changed then, in the app.

7 years is from the books, and looking at George's text, he says 7 there as well.

I haven't commented at length, but I'm afraid not all the notes are quite correct. Most are, but there's a couple of errors... which I will not actually correct. Read the book. ;)

7 years is from the books, and looking at George's text, he says 7 there as well.

I haven't commented at length, but I'm afraid not all the notes are quite correct. Most are, but there's a couple of errors... which I will not actually correct. Read the book. ;)

Alright, thanks!

And I'll definitly read the book... Just a few more months.. :)

I changed that one to 'he drinks seawater'. But I admit, I had to restrain myself. I've been known to be not exactly Aeron's best friend out there...

By the way, was it really after his return to Pyke that he had his near-death experience (when his first new ship was destroyed in a storm), not when Stannis destroyed the Golden Storm off Fair Isle? I remembered it that way.

I've gotten updates from RH which should be triggered by our discussions here. So Aegon's crown is now really iron-and-ruby, not valyrian steel and ruby?

Good father seems equivalent to an in-law, which as far as I am aware is the parents of your spouse

ETA: and it seems to be used that way in the books too, as I believe Harys Swyft is referred to as Kevans good father

I thought all of the Martells were Prince/Princess of Dorne and not just the head of the House? Oberyn is a Prince, Arriane is a Princess, Quentyn is a Prince...

ETA: Nevermind, read the last part. So Prince/Princess in German would change deoendent on whether he was heir?

Yap.

The English prince/princess has two meanings:

1. Son of a monarch.

2. The monarch himself (for example, the Prince of Monaco).

1. Is 'Prinz/Prinzessin' in German.

2. Is 'Fürst/Fürstin'.

For the new German editions I made Doran 'der Fürst von Dorne' whereas Arianne, Quentyn, Elia, Oberyn etc. all remain princes/princesses - in Arianne's case, of course, only as long as Doran remains alive. Then she'll become 'die Fürstin von Dorne'.

That thing caused some problems in ADwD, of course, with the Tattered Prince - due to his conversation with Quentyn he became 'der Flickenprinz', not 'der Flickenfürst'. The Prince of Pentos is also 'der Fürst von Pentos'.

If Doran's mother was still alive when Doran met and hooked up with Mellario, it's very likely that he was not yet the Prince of Dorne when he married her, but I'd really like to get official confirmation for that.

Archived