World of Ice and Fire App Update

If it helps, I read the passage in Feast yesterday where it is stated that Lancel had been fasting due to the death of the High Septon, and indeed stated that that High Septon had been by Lancels side during his critical time. Lancel told the High Septon stuff, though he doesn't say what (at least not in Feast), when he was angry with Cersei, and the High Septon told Lancel in response that he had to forgive Cersei.

Cat's betrothal was made when she was 12, we know this from her PoV (it is in the chapter where she thinks that she has always done her duty). Barbrey's story makes it likely that it must have been publicly announced a couple of years later. By the time Jaime was sent to Riverrun to be appraised by the Tullys, Cat's betrothal was already widely known.

I don't remember the incident of LF getting drunk and Lysa having sex with him having anything to do with announcement of Cat's betrothal. For one, I feel that it happened relatively shortly before Brandon's arrival and the duel, or LF's misconception would have been cleared up one way or another.

Ah, yes:

"Did you come with Lord Bracken and Lord Blackwood, the time they visited to lay their feud before my father? Lord Bracken's singer played for us, and Catelyn danced six dances with Petyr that night, six, I counted. When the lords began to argue my father took them up to his audience chamber, so there was no one to stop us drinking. Edmure got drunk, young as he was... and Petyr tried to kiss your mother, only she pushed him away. She laughed at him. He looked so wounded I thought my heart would burst, and afterward he drunk until he passed out at the table."

This is from Sansa's last chapter in ASoS, which is also the very last chapter of the book before the epilogue.

Yap, it's not clear what he has told the High Septon, but Cersei fears - during her conversation with him at Tywin's funeral, if I remember correctly - that he may have told him the truth about the strong wine, and her affair with him.

[The main purpose of those 'the entry' posts here is to list a possible/factual inconsistency/mistake, enabling Ran/Linda to rectify that in a future version of the English App. It's great when somebody helps my memory in this enterprise.]

Just trying to help you figure it out the best I can ;)

Mace's entry:

This sentence is really priceless:

'One of Mace's first acts is to reveal that he has a carved throne made in the shape of a hand - no doubt from when Renly had appointed him his Hand - and he quickly has it installed in the throne room near the Iron Throne.'

I remember suggesting that this thing must have been from Mace's time as Renly's Hand. It's really great to get a sort of official confirmation for that one. We all love Mace's throne (and, of course, Mace 'The Man' Tyrell).

Any clue as to why the dates changed?

And did the reports correctly confirm 232 AC as Maekar's new death year? I imagine it would have taken months to convene a Great Council...

I guess so.

Interesting tidbit from Naerys' entry:

'In later years, after Aegon became king, it was rumored at court that Aegon’s son and heir, Prince Daeron, was in fact Aemon’s son. Whatever the truth of that claim, it is recorded that Naerys did not long survive the Dragonknight’s death when he sacrificed his life while saving the life of his brother Aegon.'

This could indicate that the Unworthy had his sister-wife killed after the Dragonknight was dead...?

I guess so.

Interesting tidbit from Naerys' entry:

'In later years, after Aegon became king, it was rumored at court that Aegon’s son and heir, Prince Daeron, was in fact Aemon’s son. Whatever the truth of that claim, it is recorded that Naerys did not long survive the Dragonknight’s death when he sacrificed his life while saving the life of his brother Aegon.'

This could indicate that the Unworthy had his sister-wife killed after the Dragonknight was dead...?

Or a grief based suicide that was covered up? Either way that is interesting.

edit: exactly how many years did you train as a ninja Rhaenys.

Archived