World of Ice and Fire App Update

We also want it for Android in Spain, too. Right now you can only get it here if you have an iPad.

If you buy it for an Android tablet, should you have to pay again (assuming you already paid for the iPad version) for the unlocking books material? I guess so, but it would be great if you guys were able to avoid it.

I would guess not. Buying on android is from the Google play store or.something like that, while iPod, Ipad etc. is from.the apple store. Two completely separate companies

• 3 weeks later...

The "Stony Shore" entry states it is a "stretch of coastline in the north, east of Torrhen's Square" - this should be west of Torrhen's Square.

The "Aeron Greyjoy" entry states "During his brother's rebellion, Aeron's ship, the Golden Storm, is sunk of Fair Isle" -"the" should not have italics.

The "Ramsay Snow" entry has non-functioning links to "Rodrik Cassell" instead of "Rodrik Cassel".

• 5 weeks later...

If Random House doesn't haven't the rights to publish the books in your country then they can't (or wont) release the app there either.

Still.. Random House is one of the many publishing companies through which you can buy the books in my country, and here, the app is only available on iPhone, not on Android..

Guess which phone I bought with a 2 year subscription just two months or so before figuring that out? :p

I believe the next major update is planned for when A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms comes out next year.

Brilliant, thanks for the update. The release is still August, yeah?

I wonder if the update will be another general addition of new characters/locales or a focus on Dunk & Egg bits...

• 2 weeks later...

The Hornwood entry claims that Lord Manderly is courting the widowed Donella. From the text in the books, this doesn't appear to have been the case.

This doesn't sound right in the Karhold entry either:
"After the execution of Lord Rickard Karstark, the current lord of Karhold, his uncle Arnolf..."

Archived