World of Ice and Fire App Update

O yeah, definitly. One at least one of the occasions, Catelyn is not being 100% factual. But if that is the case with the "scarcely fifteen", then I think the text in the app shouldn't state "a boy of fifteen", but something that leaves it more vague..

I'm actually more inclined to think the idea that Littlefinger is not yet thirty is the problem. I like the idea of Catelyn still thinking of Petyr as a little boy means she underestimates the age of the man she meets in King's Landing. I think the events of the duel are more likely seared into her memory, but clearly we need more information, not just my speculation. One time Lady Blackfish did a wonderful job of trying to square this circle, but we both came to the conclusion it just didn't work.

Hmm.. that could also be. I figured that because of the use of "scarcely", and the fact that it was a memory, that that one was less trustworthy, but perhaps her memory now is making the counting error...

I don't think we have any idea to figure out which of the two is correct, right?

No, there's no way to know for sure which one is correct. But why does the use of "scarcely" makes you think this memory is less trustworthy ? I read it as Cat remembering Petyr being fifteen for a short time when the betrothal was announced, she may remember celebrating the nameday. If Sansa being hopeless at sums comes from her mother, than the memory should be more trustful than the counting :cool4:

No, there's no way to know for sure which one is correct. But why does the use of "scarcely" makes you think this memory is less trustworthy ? I read it as Cat remembering Petyr being fifteen for a short time when the betrothal was announced, she may remember celebrating the nameday. If Sansa being hopeless at sums comes from her mother, than the memory should be more trustful than the counting :cool4:

I don't think that "scarcely" makes a memory less trustworthy. But the use of "scarcely" suggests to me the possibility of there having been a round-up, and the fact that it's a memory could point to a character misremembering..

I don't think that "scarcely" makes a memory less trustworthy. But the use of "scarcely" suggests to me the possibility of there having been a round-up, and the fact that it's a memory could point to a character misremembering..

Well, we read it differently. To me, "scarcely" is rather a precision than a round-up, showing the duel happened soon after his nameday.

Minor issue:

The "R'hllor' entry states:
"Thoros of Myr is dispatched to the Seven Kingdoms in an attempt to win the conversion of King Robert, (...)"

Thoros was sent to convert Aerys II.

Does it depend on the country, then? My app store on the phone (HTC, Andriod 4.0.4) tells me that the app isn't available in my country (Netherlands), but that's not entirely true, as a friend of mine (Iphone) is capable of downloading and installing the app without any problem.

When I open the appstore on my computer, the app store tells me that my android version isn't compatible with the app, but last time I checked, my Android version should be able to play the app..

So is there another reason I am unable to download it?

Does it depend on the country, then? My app store on the phone (HTC, Andriod 4.0.4) tells me that the app isn't available in my country (Netherlands), but that's not entirely true, as a friend of mine (Iphone) is capable of downloading and installing the app without any problem.

When I open the appstore on my computer, the app store tells me that my android version isn't compatible with the app, but last time I checked, my Android version should be able to play the app..

Have you tried contacting Random House? Perhaps try leaving a comment on the appstore page or emailing their support center.

Same problem here. Its really annoying since i heard the app is great.

The Darry pin places its location north by northwest of Harroway and just east of the Green Fork, along the kingsroad. The Journeys section places various characters at this location in "AGOT-16: Eddard III" (Arya is brought before Robert), which is the same placement for Jaime for "AFFC-30: Jaime IV" (Jaime visits Lancel at Darry).

However, AGOT-Eddard III states Darry is south of the Trident:

The castle was a modest holding a half day's ride south of the Trident. The royal party had made themselves the uninvited guests of its lord, Ser Raymun Darry, while the hunt for Arya and the butcher's boy was conducted on both sides of the river.

Has George retconned the location of Darry to place it north of the Trident? The Westeros map from TLOIAF shows a tributary which flows from the Mountains of the Moon into the Green Fork, which could be the Darry river if Darry is now north of the Trident.

Regarding the Journeys map, the Catelyn pin for AGOT 71-Catelyn XI has her current location as "En Route" and still in the vicinity of the Whispering Wood, but it should be Riverrun. Jaime and Theon are placed at Riverrun for the chapter, however.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Cersei Lannister entry contains a few errors

It states Jaime anc Cersei were 9 when they were caught in 'the act' by Joanna, who died soon after.  However, with Jaime and Cersei born in 266 AC, and Joanna's death in 273 AC, they couldn't have been older than 7 at this event.

The entry also states that Cersei departed KL to join Robert while he was hunting, but in the books, she never left to accompany him. 

In addition, it is stated that Lord Arryn grew mortally ill during Joffrey's thirteenth name-day feast. This should be "twelfth name-day feast".

• 5 months later...

These are some discrepancies from earlier in the thread which are in version 2.2.1 (iOS).

The map pin for "Darry" is placed NNW of Lord Harroway's Town, although Darry is mentioned as south of the Trident in AGOT-Eddard III and AFFC-Jaime IV.

"Dragons" mentions the old gods of Valyria, but links to the old gods (of the forest).

"Free Folk (Wildlings)" links to Varmyr instead of Varamyr.

"Godry Farring" states that his cousin, Bryen, was burned for being a cannibal. Bryen dies from cold and hunger in ADWD.

"Iron Fleet" mentions the Fevre River instead of the Fever River.

The "Journeys" map pin for Catelyn Tully has her in the Whispering Wood instead of Riverrun for "71: Catelyn XI".

"Karhold" says that Arnolf is the current lord, but he is only the castellan.

"Kingswood Brotherhood" mentions Aerys I instead of Aerys II.

"Stone Hedge" links to "Fork" instead of "Red Fork".

"Symond Frey" says his mother is Cyrenna Swann instead of Amarei Crakehall.

"Thoros" states that he performs the kiss of fire on Beric as a death rite, but he calls it the last kiss in ASOS and the kiss of life in AFFC.

"Victarion Greyjoy" says he chooses to burn exotic young women for the Drowned God, while in ADWD he sacrifices them to both the Drowned God and the Lord of Light.

"Castle Black" and "Eastwatch-by-the-Sea" mention eighteen castles along the Wall instead of nineteen.

Archived