World of Ice and Fire App Update

• 4 months later...

Is there any news about Bantam shutting down the app? I heard this rumour last year, but seeing a comment by @Ran about a new update, and since we're already in march and the app's still up, I'm not inclined to give it much credit.

3 hours ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

The app got updated today, but no idea if any new stuff was added.

I see the provincial maps from the world book in the entries for "North" and "Riverlands". "Dorne" and "Reach" have maps from TLOIAF. "Iron Islands" and "Vale of Arryn" have paintings. I don't see entries for "Crownlands", "Stormlands", or "Westerlands". 

Some of the entries have been corrected. For instance, "Godry Farring" now correctly states his cousin Bryen died of cold and hunger instead of being burned for cannibalism.

The older corrections are now showing, but some of the more recent findings didn't make it in time:

The map pin for "Darry" is on a tributary of the Green Fork instead of south of the Trident.

The "Central Essos" map does not have a pin for Qarth.

"R'hllor" states Thoros was sent to convert Robert, but it should be Aerys. 

"Randyll Tarly" states he remains at Bitterbridge when Renly rides to Storm's End to confront Stannis, but Randyll does go to SE.

"Alannys Harlaw" has a minor spelling error: "Following Balon Greyjoy's death, Alanny's daughter Asha ..."

"Summer Isles" should state they are southwest of Valyria, not east.

"Torghen Flint" says he goes to Castle Black to see Mance's execution, but ADWD Jon X says he and Brandon Norrey go to CB for Alys's wedding.

"Dick Follard" should be a ranger (ASOS Appendix) instead of a steward.

The Lord of the Skies and the Lady of the Waves are incorrectly stated to be two old gods, with their entries even linking to the page on the old gods.

Although they are "gods of old" whose worship ended with the arrival of the Andals and the Faith, they are not stated to be the old gods

Moreover, the old gods are nameless deities, while these two gods do have a name :)

Hah. There seems to be some issues with the work behind the scenes to link things up. I'll collect these notes, and remind them about some of these corrections which didn't seem to get through from earlier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The "Gendry" entry also says he "earned the nickname the Bull from his fellow apprentices, due to his stubbornness and strength", but ACOK Arya I has Lommy giving him that nickname because of the horned helmet.

The "Jaqen H'ghar" entry calls Weese a cook instead of an understeward. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived