Azor Ahai is Batman

Corvo Attano

No, azor ahai is most likely superman, who is linked to messianic figures. And off course, both have special powers and if AA > LH both have a magical dog.

Did you even read the OP post? I explicitly said that I'm not claiming AAR is equivelant to Batman, what I'm saying is that the idea of the identity of it being more than just a man (a legend, a story..) is similar symbolically.

As for the Superman thing, basically every story as big as ASoIaF has christ figures. LOTR had at least 3.

In Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy he presents Batman not as one person but as ever lasting and something that can be taken up by anyone, as shown at the end of TDKR with Blake becoming the next Batman. So AA could be a title given to someone by people who believe in them and who has the courage.

Batman has been a symbol in the comics literally since his inception.

This is nothing Christopher Nolan invented.... :rolleyes:

Did you even read the OP post? I explicitly said that I'm not claiming AAR is equivelant to Batman, what I'm saying is that the idea of the identity of it being more than just a man (a legend, a story..) is similar symbolically.

As for the Superman thing, basically every story as big as ASoIaF has christ figures. LOTR had at least 3.

that 's not so different from Superman at all.

Look at the (1980'S)origin of the group Legion of super heroes.They exist a thousand years into the future and were inspired by the legends from the adventures of Superman (or from his sidedick Mon El after a retcon)..... ..

.except most of it happened very differently from what they believe,and have people at their time even worshiping him.

It is the same case as the azor ahai legend.

Archived