adding to Coldhands theory page

Since there's nothing about Daemon II that connects him to the NW, I'd say it's not the right place for such a theory.

You could try out your theory on the general board.

In short, a theory can be added to such a page if:

- It's not more appropriate for another article

- If it makes sense, or is logical

- If there's evidence for the theory

I strongly advice you test your theory on the forum general board first, or, if you want to keep it to the wiki alone, use the discussion page of the Coldhands/theories page.

If you're able to provide good reasoning for putting Daemon II on that page as a possibility, I can't see why you shouldn't do it :)

Coldhands was introduced dressed in mottled blacks and grays.

Yoren who recruited in the seven kingdoms for years wore blacks that had gone gray.

EXPLANATION: Coldhand is wearing blacks that are not as old as Yoren`s were

Waymar plus two went missing north of the wall

Gared was executed at Winterfell

Benjen plus six were sent in search of Waymar

Two of Benjen's men were recovered as wights

The Great Ranging was sent in search of Benjen,

No mention is made of earlier vanishings

No comparisons are made to earlier search missions

At least 2 NW brothers are seen outside Leaf's cave

One of the NW wights is described as having rotted leather, wet wool, and rusted mail.

2 NW wights went missing unreported and unremembered before Waymar or the 2 NW wights are from the missing 7.

If CH has been a wight for more than 30 years,(The time Yoren was travelling) he is not wearing the blacks he died wearing

CH got his clothing from am unreported and unrememberd NW brother, or CH is wearing the blacks of the missing 7

Since there's nothing about Daemon II that connects him to the NW, I'd say it's not the right place for such a theory.

You could try out your theory on the general board.

In short, a theory can be added to such a page if:

- It's not more appropriate for another article

- If it makes sense, or is logical

- If there's evidence for the theory

I strongly advice you test your theory on the forum general board first, or, if you want to keep it to the wiki alone, use the discussion page of the Coldhands/theories page.

If you're able to provide good reasoning for putting Daemon II on that page as a possibility, I can't see why you shouldn't do it :)

I've posted the theory on the general forum. Some people think it's possible, got one "it is known"...

connected to the NW through BR, Aegon V emptying the dungeons and BR's answer to Dunk's question on Daemon's fate at the end of TMK.

I've posted the theory on the general forum. Some people think it's possible, got one "it is known"...

connected to the NW through BR, Aegon V emptying the dungeons and BR's answer to Dunk's question on Daemon's fate at the end of TMK.

Ah, I did not see your topic then. Too bad.

The problem with the reasoning you give here is that there is no proof that Daemon II was still alive when Aegon became king. Sending a prisoner of such value to the Wall, where he could easily escape, claiming that his vows were made at swordpoint (which would make them invalid) and as such, no NW vows would be in force.

There have been at least 5 Blackfyre Rebellions before, and at the current, the count is at 7 (not counting what has yet to come). For such a rebellion to take place, Bitterwteel would have to be able to crown another one of Daemons sons, and with Daemon II alive, that becomes impossible, making it more and more likely that Daemon II died relatively young.

Ah, I did not see your topic then. Too bad.

The problem with the reasoning you give here is that there is no proof that Daemon II was still alive when Aegon became king. Sending a prisoner of such value to the Wall, where he could easily escape, claiming that his vows were made at swordpoint (which would make them invalid) and as such, no NW vows would be in force.

There have been at least 5 Blackfyre Rebellions before, and at the current, the count is at 7 (not counting what has yet to come). For such a rebellion to take place, Bitterwteel would have to be able to crown another one of Daemons sons, and with Daemon II alive, that becomes impossible, making it more and more likely that Daemon II died relatively young.

But if he did go to the wall (and i admit it's an if) then Bittersteel could have still crowned his younger brother. Taking the NW vow is the equivalent of dying (as far as succession goes).

the whole basis for this theory begins with Dunk's convo with BR at the end of TMK. Why tell Dunk he is gonna keep him alive? I mean, why even have the exchange in the 1st place.

But if he did go to the wall (and i admit it's an if) then Bittersteel could have still crowned his younger brother. Taking the NW vow is the equivalent of dying (as far as succession goes).

the whole basis for this theory begins with Dunk's convo with BR at the end of TMK. Why tell Dunk he is gonna keep him alive? I mean, why even have the exchange in the 1st place.

To explain what happens to Daemons heir? To show why Bittersteel couldn't crown Haegon..

If Daemon indeed go to the Wall, Bittersteel would indeed be capable of crowning Haegon - something which Egg would have known as well. And Bittersteel crowning Haegon was the very thing they meant to prevent, since preventing it would postpone Blackfyre Rebellions.

It also depends on who killed Maekar and, more importantly, why. Maekar wasn't killed by a pretender, GRRM confirmed that, but it's still possible that Maekar was killed by a Blackfyre loyalist during a rebellion. That would mean that Bittersteel crowned another, and that Daemon was dead before Egg ascended to the throne.

Bloodraven telling Dunk that he's going to keep Daemon II alive (after Dunk has specifically asked about him), does not connect young Daemon to the Wall, however. If Bloodraven is the only link in the theory, than it's filled with if's. There are more theories on the Coldhands theories page that don't seem to fit he description though (like Ser Waymar, he doesn't fit the "they killed him many years ago" part).

that's what i'm saying.

thanks for the other "ifs" when you come around, let me know

I was just pointing out that the theories on that page don't seem to fit all the information we have on Coldhands. They all fit some, though, most importantly they were all known members of the Night's Watch. With Daemon II, there is nothing that is known to connect him to Coldhands. It's an important difference.

You are free to add Daemon II on the theories page of Coldhands, of course. That's why it's a theory page.

But you posted here asking for opinions, and I gave you mine. That it doesn't fit your view, that's not something I can do anything about. You asked, I answered as truthfully and logically as I could.

I was just pointing out that the theories on that page don't seem to fit all the information we have on Coldhands. They all fit some, though, most importantly they were all known members of the Night's Watch. With Daemon II, there is nothing that is known to connect him to Coldhands. It's an important difference.

You are free to add Daemon II on the theories page of Coldhands, of course. That's why it's a theory page.

But you posted here asking for opinions, and I gave you mine. That it doesn't fit your view, that's not something I can do anything about. You asked, I answered as truthfully and logically as I could.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I wasn't attacking you, was actually thanking you for the "ifs". Its gives me things to figure out to make my theory better.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I wasn't attacking you, was actually thanking you for the "ifs". Its gives me things to figure out to make my theory better.

Ah, sorry then, I misunderstood :) Not a native speaker, it happens sometimes.. :) Sorry

Good luck on your theory though.. Do post it here once you've worked it all out and placed it on the page, I'd like to read it

Archived