HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

Wow, it seems like they're covering a huge amount of material for certain characters in the first four episodes. Moat Cailin in episode 2??? What exactly is Theon going to do after this, considering he only has six chapters in ADwD, and not long after Moat Cailin he goes to Winterfell? Dany also seems to be taking Meereen by episode 4, and the line about mercy and justice seems to indicate her crucification of the slavers (though how is that mercy? That's a horrible death). It seems we're going to get very far into AFfC/ADwD material for some characters in season 4. Brienne leaving in episode 4? At this rate her entire Feast storyline could be wrapped up by the end of season 4.

In glad to see these first four episodes look fast-paced, but I'm very worried at the pacing of this season. It seems like the first three or four will be very fast-paced and action-packed, then three episodes of slow, dull filler like seen in 'The Climb' and 'The Bear and the Maiden Fair' in season 3, then a great, intense final three episodes. Oh well, we'll just have to wait for more episode summaries.

"Stannis loses patience with Davos"? Are you fucking kidding me D&D? STILL?! Why must they still insist on blackwashing Stannis' character? Where is the Stannis/Davos bromance from the books? I knew it was too much to hope for a good portrayal of Stannis in season 4 :(

Moat Cailin in episode 2???

There's nothing to indicate that Moat Cailin is in episode 2.

and the line about mercy and justice seems to indicate her crucification of the slavers (though how is that mercy? That's a horrible death)

Mercy, I assume, in the sense that she doesn't have all the slaver class executed.

Queen of Whores, first of all that's a GrrM-written episode (though I theorized above that perhaps that scene was shifted in pre or post production from ep. 1). Everyone who heard Stan's line in the trailer thought it was awesome, even though he looked to be talking angrily to Davos and hence, angry at him. Davos will be suggesting some sort of compromise (or half measure) and Stan will be showing his unyielding ways. Nothing to worry about QoW. Stan is a bitter guy. It is not out of sorts or out of character for him to get a wee bit irked from time to time.

Also, Colonel Green is correct. I imagine Ramsay's use for Theon will be putting him with his pooches (who we know will show up because Iwan Rheon instagrammed and then deleted a photo of them). Either that or utilizing him in his fucked up Monsters and Maidens game. Maybe Roose will show up and tell him to cut the shit and then we'll get Moat Caillin. Probably in the late season after all of the Yara business is settled.

^Wasn't there an interview where Maisie said that she learns a more realistic manner of fighting from the Hound? Or something to that effect. I think that line could mean that.

That's a good idea. Maybe "the way things are" is she asks, will they bury the man, and he says no, and they rob him. It's kind of poetic what he says there. It's true, the man doesn't care anymore, leave him for the dogs and wolves, and they could use the money. He gives her a dagger then, maybe he gives her a sword.

Another thing is that after the Red Wedding, she's depressed and just wants to sleep and never wake up again, and he rouses her and makes her go through the motions. He also helps her face what really happened at the Red Wedding. Then she wargs, there has to be that scene, that has to be what that behind the scenes shot was about, maybe that's in episode 3.

I am so glad that the Stannis' episode is written by George.

:agree:

"Stannis loses patience with Davos"? Are you fucking kidding me D&D? STILL?! Why must they still insist on blackwashing Stannis' character? Where is the Stannis/Davos bromance from the books? I knew it was too much to hope for a good portrayal of Stannis in season 4 :(

Eh, he's always grouchy, "it's his silences you should fear".

My guess was that the "I will not be the page in someone else's history book" was part of an adapted version of the conversation he has with Massey, and him losing patience with Davos is pretty much what would happen anyway. Davos wants him to go east to build his army in the Free Cities, citing Bittersteel, and Stannis has his "do not prate at me of history, Bittersteel died a failure" speech in response.... Though Davos convinces him to try it, it seems.

I doubt Roose and his Frey wife will be at the Purple Wedding. The Boltons just staged a bloody and treacherous coup over the North's old and beloved Starks. Right now, it is imperative for them to consolidate their power in the North, not go gallivanting to King's Landing for a wedding.

Of course, this is the show, so you never know.

It could also be Hot Pie. Didn't they leave him at the Inn at the Crossroads? Or it could be Needle...

A dark thought: Hot Pie is killed by the Mountain men. The friend Arya meets is Hot Pie's dead body. It builds up for the fight at the inn later on the season.

I'm still having issues with the logic of an attack on Craster's Keep. The Night Watch has raiders coming from the south, a huge (if undisciplined) army closing in from the North. Going North to Craster's Keep means reducing the garrison if the attacks happen before the rangers can return and it can mean those venturing North can run up against Mance's vastly superior numbers out in the open. Unless there is something very urgent they need from Craster's, it makes sense to put all men to hold Castle Black.

Then again, after how they've butchered Robb's military genius with the Season 3 campaign, I have no faith in D&D as armchair generals.

In ep1: Meeting Prince Oberyn obviously, In terms of Arya meeting an old friend again, probably is either meeting Rorge again, or the Mountain but find the former more probable. But would be way to early to kill the Hound so early.

In ep2: PW, "Ramsay finds a purpose of his pet" sounds a little to early for Theon to go down to Moat Cailin. It might mean we get to see what a true monster Ramsay is by using his girls for hunting. The Stannis part is interesting, hope they dont make Stannis just burning people for the hell of it, but probably making Davos still not buying Mel's religion bs.

in ep3: I wonder what "Tywin extends an olive branch" mean? Perhaps allowing Tyrion for a fair trail, allowing him opportunity to plead his innocence?

In ep4: Beginning of Brienne's quest, so perhaps she runs into LS in the finale.

Has it been confirmed they for sure are going to introduce LS?

A dark thought: Hot Pie is killed by the Mountain men. The friend Arya meets is Hot Pie's dead body. It builds up for the fight at the inn later on the season.

I'm still having issues with the logic of an attack on Craster's Keep. The Night Watch has raiders coming from the south, a huge (if undisciplined) army closing in from the North. Going North to Craster's Keep means reducing the garrison if the attacks happen before the rangers can return and it can mean those venturing North can run up against Mance's vastly superior numbers out in the open. Unless there is something very urgent they need from Craster's, it makes sense to put all men to hold Castle Black.

Aye, it really doesn't make any sense. Hopefully it will in some context with the show, but for now I can't see why it would.

I doubt they'd come right out and officially say "hey guys, we're bringing catelyn back from the dead at the end of the season. surprise!"

Well no shit, but if an actress that big that's supposed to be dead comes back to the set you usually hear about it. Maybe she doesn't want to come back. I've always found that character kind of lame. It takes away from the impact of the RW. I could see them just leaving Beric as the leader of the BWB.

Is it that difficult to imagine they'd want to keep something like her coming back under wraps? They kept Jason Momoa's season 2 cameo secret, and that was of far less import and surprise than a major character being resurrected. So no shit you wouldn't hear about it in advance.

^Exactly. If she was still willing to go to Australia for the show and tour with Lena Headey and GrrM then she would have had no problem filming for just a day or two. Besides, she's from Northern Ireland, it wouldn't be too much trouble for her to shoot there under the radar.

I think the "olive branch" is offering a small council seat to Oberyn.

^That's the only possibility that makes sense to me. There would be no need to offer an olive branch to the Tyrells because for all he knows, they're on good terms.

Could be referring to Tyrion, offering him a place in the Night's Watch if he confesses. I believe Kevan offered that to Tyrion on behalf of Tywin in the books.

Archived