HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

So.

Episode 1:

Most is fairly self-explanatory: Tyrion meets Oberyn, Jon is met with suspicion at Castle Black and we're introduced to Meereen. Arya's hint is the interesting one. The "old friend" could refer either to Polliver ironically (which would be very early indeed), or hopefully to Nymeria - either through a Wolf Dream or a physical meeting.

Man that really changes Arya's arc.

I figured they would rework the She-Wolf/Hound story before the brawl at the tavern, which I figured to be episode 8.

I guess they wanted to get Needle to her in a hurry.

Lord! What kind of story will Sandor and Arya have for episodes 2-8 and 10?

I am figuring there's another Arya-Sandor dust up with somebody in episode 8?

Cause looks as if the catch up with Arya's arc at the end of SOS.

Of course the 'old friend' might be somebody else?

Brienne starts her hunt for Sansa very early. How far will she get with Joe Dempsie not appearing this year?

why would he appear? They've already merged him with Edric Storm, so he's fate will be different... plus, he looks nothing like Renly. His appearance is an unimportant cameo.

Gwendoline has already said she'll bite someones ear off... it seems logical that her storyline will end with her meeint LS.

DGA rules stipulate that only one person can be credited with directing an episode. I believe Weiss was also listed as the sole director of D&D's episode last season, as well, though we know Benioff also co-directed.

Ahhh... makes sense. Forgot about that, I remember hearing about that before, maybe it was Rodriguez and Tarintino who wanted to be co-directors and couldn't? Vague memory of something like that. Anyway, thanks for the info :cheers:

I know this isn't the right place to ask but, is there a new trailer tomorrow night? The band "Losers" is crediting themselves the song in a "new" trailer for Game of Thrones tomorrow. I don't know the band but in their facebook they say it's their new single which comes out with the trailer. Can anyone confirm this? I couldn't find any official news on the release of a third trailer.

why would he appear? They've already merged him with Edric Storm, so he's fate will be different... plus, he looks nothing like Renly. His appearance is an unimportant cameo.

Gwendoline has already said she'll bite someones ear off... it seems logical that her storyline will end with her meeint LS.

He can't just end his run on the show rowing to god knows where and he can't row to Lys. Reason suggests he catches up with his story somewhere with Brienne is the only logical place.

He can't just end his run on the show rowing to god knows where and he can't row to Lys. Reason suggests he catches up with his story somewhere with Brienne is the only logical place.

It doesn't really make sense for him to join back up with the BWB. I was surprised that they didn't decide to have him meet up with Brienne on the road as a travelling companion. That would have made a good degree of sense.

It doesn't really make sense for him to join back up with the BWB. I was surprised that they didn't decide to have him meet up with Brienne on the road as a travelling companion. That would have made a good degree of sense.

I thought a cute cameo role by having him help or lead the reforging of Ice. Keeps him in the show and you know, the audience can smile to themselves as Tywin misses another fugitive hiding under his nose. It would make sense from a producer's perspective.

The inclusion of Rorge and Biter this season would appear to suggest that this may be the altercation Arya and the Hound have later on that ends up wounding Sandor. Unlike the books, neither Rorge or Biter have any connection with Brienne so it would make little sense for them to cross paths with her on her journey. Arya shares far more history with them and it would make sense for them to be dispatched by both her and the Hound.

I originally thought that they would be part of the group that is with Polliver when she regained Needle but in the numerous shots they've put out there for this altercation seem to have Polliver as the only recognizable antagonist.

And you need to have the Hound get incapacitated in some form late in the season so Arya can leave for Braavos so this would seem to be the most logical conclusion. Doubtful it takes place at another Inn though since that would be too repetitive of the Needle scene in E1.

I thought a cute cameo role by having him help or lead the reforging of Ice. Keeps him in the show and you know, the audience can smile to themselves as Tywin misses another fugitive hiding under his nose. It would make sense from a producer's perspective.

That would be great, but I think I guy like Tywin would pick up on a guy looking similar/ or like Robert's bastard especially if he is in KL. I really thought they would have included him in Brienne's quest with Pod. But that seems unlikely to happen, perhaps I'm wrong. But wonder how they are going to get Gendry back up to the Riverlands, as he definitely wont join the BwB again, and that would be an incredible achievement in rowing a boat from DS all the way to Lys.

As for Roose, I think he will be at the wedding as Fat Walda will also be with him, as I think I heard her being at the Wedding Feast, so perhaps Roose and Fat Walda will be there at the feast than in the Sept.

That would be great, but I think I guy like Tywin would pick up on a guy looking similar/ or like Robert's bastard especially if he is in KL. I really thought they would have included him in Brienne's quest with Pod. But that seems unlikely to happen, perhaps I'm wrong. But wonder how they are going to get Gendry back up to the Riverlands, as he definitely wont join the BwB again, and that would be an incredible achievement in rowing a boat from DS all the way to Lys.

As for Roose, I think he will be at the wedding as Fat Walda will also be with him, as I think I heard her being at the Wedding Feast, so perhaps Roose and Fat Walda will be there at the feast than in the Sept.

No one knows what Gendry looks like though, and so far as people are concerned he's dead at the hands of Polliver. Besides, does Tywin even know that Cersei and Joffrey were hunting down Robert's bastards?

Tyrion giving Jamie the hand will be used to further show the viewer how Tyrion and Jaime have a positive relationship, which will help explain why Jaime will help Tyrion at the end of the season

Gendry could meet with Brienne later in the season and after hearing her quest, would become invaluable to her when he reveals he knows Arya and where she is (at least he thinks he does). This could also be an alternative way for Brienne and Stoneheart being brought together

PW in episode 2 is going to be a big surprise for those not familar with the book. They all want Joff dead of course, but coming this early into the season will be so out of the blue for them.

Yes... Everyone is accustomed to ep 9 being the one with a death. Cannot wait to see reaction videos pop up on the internet

If Brienne meets stonehart this season, then what would she be doing during season 5. It's too early for that.

Not gonna happen this season, but it will lay the groundwork for the future if her and Gendry get together this season

I think we're definitely getting LS this season, which makes me Wonder what Brienne's going to do in s5.

In other news, don't know if it has been posted yet but it looks like the Sept scene is on :

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/lena-headey-game-of-thrones-300-rise-of-an-empire-interview.html?mid=twitter_vulture

I LOVE that interview! Makes me so happy. She totally gets the character and the story.

Brienne is another matter, from start to finish, that story looks like it's off the rails, sadly.

(She gets the character, I just mean they have messed up her story.)

Archived