HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

Maybe it's been asked already, but will there be an appearance by Lady Stoneheart possibly through Nymeria's eyes?

Spoiler tagged just in case:

Do you mean Nymeria seeing the BwB finding Catelyn's body? I was one of those half-expecting that in Episode 10 last year - but I don't think it's likely now. They're quite elastic and vague with time on the show, and I doubt they want to give the impression that this season begins just a day or two after the previous season does.

But I assume/hope they'll bring in both Arya's and Jon's warging this season. Or with Arya, I guess they could now delay it until Braavos - it'd make some sense to bring it in there in order to keep her connected to Westeros.

Spoiler tagged just in case:

Do you mean Nymeria seeing the BwB finding Catelyn's body? I was one of those half-expecting that in Episode 10 last year - but I don't think it's likely now. They're quite elastic and vague with time on the show, and I doubt they want to give the impression that this season begins just a day or two after the previous season does.

But I assume/hope they'll bring in both Arya's and Jon's warging this season. Or with Arya, I guess they could now delay it until Braavos - it'd make some sense to bring it in there in order to keep her connected to Westeros.

That makes sense.

I'm just very curious as to how they will play out Stoneheart. Maybe they will introduce her on her own, without the warging. I was looking forward to seeing Nymeria's again.

Has this been posted?

All the titles, apparently:

1 - Two Swords (Dos espadas)

2 - The Lion and the Rose (El león y la rosa)

3 - Breaker of Chains (Rompedora de cadenas)

4 - Oathkeeper (Guardajuramentos)

5 - First of His Name (Primero de su nombre)

6 - The Laws of Gods and Men (Las leyes de dioses y hombres)

7 - Mockingbird (Sinsonte)

8 - The Mountain and the Viper (La Montaña y la Víbora)

9 - The Watchers on the Wall (Los vigilantes en el Muro)

10 - The Children (Los niños)

Another disappointing thing if they reveal LS through Brienne this season: it would mean we'd probably miss out on Septon Meribald. And I'm sure someone could make the case that he isn't absolutely totally necessary to progress the plot, in like the absolute strictest sense, but honestly, for all the flak AFFC gets, I think one thing it did really well was give you a feel what's going on at the ground level, and seeing how the war is really affecting people. And Meribald's speech, in addition to being the singular greatest piece of writing in the entire series, really drives home the toll that the war is taking on people. If they were able to include Jaime's bathtub monologue, I really feel it'd be a disservice not to include this bit. And I suspect people would love it.

The source we had for those titles used to be just an image apparently taken off of a Russian site. Did you find those on a Spanish site Jon Con's Red Beard because that would confirm them.

It was a spanish fb fansite. They always are careful with spoilers and info, so, I would trust them. But who knows. I personally don't like the name of the 8. Let's wait.

I can do without the Brienne travellogue. Bring on the Stoneheart. I also think that the Dorne and iron islands subplots will be trimmed or abandoned, simply because they don't amount to very much (Dorne) or they are mostly full of characters that the viewers don't know and have thus no reason to care for (sorry Victarion).

I can do without the Brienne travellogue. Bring on the Stoneheart. I also think that the Dorne and iron islands subplots will be trimmed or abandoned, simply because they don't amount to very much (Dorne) or they are mostly full of characters that the viewers don't know and have thus no reason to care for (sorry Victarion).

Both subplots set up future important roles in TWOW, with Vic heading towards Dany and Arianne towards Aegon. That said, the AFFC material is mostly just a prologue to all that stuff which will be happening in Winds, meaning that it can be condensed. For example the Kingsmoot will almost certainly be replaced with Euron just taking power and then sending Vic to find Dany. Dorne is more difficult to condense unless Dorne is delayed entirely until S6, which strikes me as unlikely given that they're introducing the plot line this season. For that reason I think the Myrcella crowning plot will be kept in, but with characters condensed. Areo can easily be cut, the Sand Snakes can be trimmed down or replaced with Ellaria entirely and I'm anticipating Arys will be cut as well (with some extra playing Myrcella's KG). I tend to think that Darkstar will be important in the future so I think he'll be built up a bit more, but that's all conjecture.

Another disappointing thing if they reveal LS through Brienne this season: it would mean we'd probably miss out on Septon Meribald. And I'm sure someone could make the case that he isn't absolutely totally necessary to progress the plot, in like the absolute strictest sense, but honestly, for all the flak AFFC gets, I think one thing it did really well was give you a feel what's going on at the ground level, and seeing how the war is really affecting people. And Meribald's speech, in addition to being the singular greatest piece of writing in the entire series, really drives home the toll that the war is taking on people. If they were able to include Jaime's bathtub monologue, I really feel it'd be a disservice not to include this bit. And I suspect people would love it.

I think the difference between Meribald's speech (which I agree is great) and Jaime's bath speech is that Jaime's speech is incredibly important to his character's development, whereas Meribald's speech is just a really well-written speech from a character we see for a few chapters and then will likely never see again, and who almost certainly won't go on to be an important part of the story even if we do.

Thus, making time for Jaime's speech is a totally different scenario than introducing a brand new character and then making time for him to speak.

I'm with most of the people here. I think Brienne's Bogus Journey gets cut almost entirely and that she has herself a date with Stoneheart to end the season. If I had to guess, it would be that the season ends with her getting hanged and that we don't find out her fate until somewhere in season five.

My thoughts exactly! I love Meribald and Dog. And I actually really enjoyed AFFC because it shows what war does on the ground level. Hopefully they don't cut it all.

I'm with most of the people here. I think Brienne's Bogus Journey gets cut almost entirely and that she has herself a date with Stoneheart to end the season. If I had to guess, it would be that the season ends with her getting hanged and that we don't find out her fate until somewhere in season five.

This sounds about right to me. I think Brienne's chapters were pretty bland to read, but could translate to screen well though, so it could just be we get LS like we did in the epilogue chapter, and Brienne runs into her season 5. I guess it really depends on where Jaime's story ends up this season though. Honestly, either would work for me.

This sounds about right to me. I think Brienne's chapters were pretty bland to read, but could translate to screen well though, so it could just be we get LS like we did in the epilogue chapter, and Brienne runs into her season 5. I guess it really depends on where Jaime's story ends up this season though. Honestly, either would work for me.

Jaime's story this season can only end up one way, the way Tyrion's story this season ends up.

Like most people, I love the chapter with Meribald. His story sends chills down my spine, and it's an eye-opening look into how this war affects the smallfolk. In saying that, I'm sure it will be part of what's cut - but I won't hold it against them either.

Jaime's story this season can only end up one way, the way Tyrion's story this season ends up.

Good point! I was getting AFFC tunnel vision for some reason. If that's the case, LS is likely to be introduced to us in the show like she was in the book, which means we may well get Meribald next season.

My thoughts exactly! I love Meribald and Dog. And I actually really enjoyed AFFC because it shows what war does on the ground level. Hopefully they don't cut it all.

Finally someone mentioned one of the best characters in the books, Dog. He belongs to himself.

I actually think Brienne's chapters will translate horrible to screen, and that's why they needed to trimmed it a lot (just like Tyrion's and Jon's chapters from ADWD). I'm not saying I don't like her character or that she should be cut entirely, but there's going to be some cuts. I would love if the show keep Meribald (one of my favorite scenes/monologues in the books) or her stay in the Quiet Isle, but next season will need more time to introduce new characters and plots, and I rather see that screen time dedicated to Aegon or Arianne instead of Meribald or Nimble Dick, That's why I think this season will cover most (if not all) of her travelogue throught the Riverlands

Archived