HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

I actually think Brienne's chapters will translate horrible to screen, and that's why they needed to trimmed it a lot (just like Tyrion's and Jon's chapters from ADWD). I'm not saying I don't like her character or that she should be cut entirely, but there's going to be some cuts. I would love if the show keep Meribald (one of my favorite scenes/monologues in the books) or her stay in the Quiet Isle, but next season will need more time to introduce new characters and plots, and I rather see that screen time dedicated to Aegon or Arianne instead of Meribald or Nimble Dick, That's why I think this season will cover most (if not all) of her travelogue throught the Riverlands

I agree. Brienne's storyline needs to be condensed and no Meribald would be a good idea.

Is it weird that I don't like the fact that half the titles begin w/ 'the' ... The this and the that, the this and the that lol come on Dave & Dan you could be a lil more clever lol

It's happened every season. Season 1 had 3, season 2 had 5, and season 3 had 3. I would like them to use more House words or even a book title here and there (I really hope we get A Feast for Crows at some point) and character 'names', like The Prophet or The Sacrifice or Mercy. Hopefully these will come in season 5 and beyond.

Oh no, they used the word "the" in the titles. Disaster confirmed, everyone.

On a different note: I like how people just assume they know what D&D will leave out (and yes I'm guilty of it too). I mainly try to approach this issue like this: if they keep some world-building in, great. if not, I won't shed a single tear. We know they only have 10 hours a season to get from point A to point B. That's all we know. We don't know what they'll keep and how much but we know overall things will get trimmed substantially to fit the needs of good television and I have no problem with that whatsoever.

On a different note: I like how people just assume they know what D&D will leave out (and yes I'm guilty of it too).

From what I've seen the past 3 months the majority of us seem to agree on cutting out the same plots. While I don't want the show to overtake the books I don't want the show to become stagnant and overdrawn out.

On another note. I'm delighted to see Jon(Kit Harrington) taking a lot of the spotlight in interviews and magazine covers the last few weeks.

Archived