HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

Really interesting interview with director Alex Graves (directing four episodes this season including finale).

About episode ten:

"According to Graves, the seasonal structure of the show changes up in season four. "The finale this season is the first real finale they’ve done," he says. "It’s not the model of episode nine as the big thing and episode 10 as the follow-up. This season, episode nine will be wonderful but the big one is episode 10. Episode 10 is the biggest episode ever made on that show and it is one shock after another."

What's the consensus here about what those 'one shock after another' will be?

Well i'm guessing Only Cat, Tyrion/Tywin and LS reveal. Also, should get our first look at Bloodraven and Jon being elected Lord Commander/offered Winterfell. The latter two aren't shocks but should be cool moments either way.

Tyrion learns about Tysha and turns on Jaime, Shae and Tywin are both killed, Jon (possibly) gets offered Winterfell and turns it down, and is (possibly) elected Lord Commander, Stoneheart will be revealed, some Children of the Forest/Bloodraven craziness, 'Only Cat'.

I wonder what the Bolton/Theon conclusion will be, or Yara's for that matter.

Tyrion learns about Tysha and turns on Jaime, Shae and Tywin are both killed, Jon (possibly) gets offered Winterfell and turns it down, and is (possibly) elected Lord Commander, Stoneheart will be revealed, some Children of the Forest/Bloodraven craziness, 'Only Cat'.

I wonder what the Bolton/Theon conclusion will be, or Yara's for that matter.

I think Ramsey gets legitimized at the end of the season (possibly as a "well done son guy" result of dealing successfully with the Ironborn) and Roose tells him he is to marry Arya Stark at Winterfell. I wouldn't be surprised if they have this reveal before the reveal of the real Arya going to Braavos, to mess with the Unsullied for a short while.

Also wouldn't surprise me if the Hound dies in ten and then Arya's arc ends when she takes the boat to Bravos.

It would very much surprise me if he dies, since 1) he doesn't actually die in the books and 2) even if you're among the people who believe he died, he certainly didn't die in ASOS when Arya left him. Unless you mean that the Hound persona metaphorically dies in that scene.

Personally, I think this should happen before, in episode 7 or 8. The finale is jam-packed already.

Anyway, Arya's arc for the season will end with her on the boat to Braavos.

It would very much surprise me if he dies, since 1) he doesn't actually die in the books and 2) even if you're among the people who believe he died, he certainly didn't die in ASOS when Arya left him. Unless you mean that the Hound persona metaphorically dies in that scene.

Personally, I think this should happen before, in episode 7 or 8. The finale is jam-packed already.

Anyway, Arya's arc for the season will end with her on the boat to Braavos.

Err I meant gets left behind to die by Arya. Yeah i'm pretty sure he's still alive in the books; not really sure what the show is going to do with that whole thing. I can see it maybe happening in 8. It would be interesting to have both Gregor and Sandor supposedly "dying" in the same episode.

Makes the most sense for Arya to abandon the Hound in episode 8 (incidentally, I'm interested to see who exactly ends up wounding him there, since we know it doesn't happen at the Inn), then travel offscreen in episode 9, and arrive at the port in episode 10.

They have already built the Braavos sets for the Stannis/Tysho meeting, so I think they will use it this seasons for a few of the Arya scenes.I think she boards the ship in episode seven, and arrives in Braavos in episode nine. in episode ten she will enter the House of White and Black,

They have already built the Braavos sets for the Stannis/Tysho meeting, so I think they will use it this seasons for a few of the Arya scenes.I think she boards the ship in episode seven, and arrives in Braavos in episode nine. in episode ten she will enter the House of White and Black,

Unless I'm mistaken the captain that takes her to Braavos was cast for episode 10 though

I thought he was cast for 8 and 10 so Arya could leave in ep 8 and arrive in Braavos in season finale.

I find it weird that they would send two characters who have so far never set foot in Braavos and leave out the one main character most associated with the place. I think she'll arrive in ep 10.

Sorry just on my previous post, I meant that Arya would leave for Braavos at end of ep 8, be travelling offscreen for ep 9 and then arrive in Braavos at beginning of Season finale.

1st argument against Arya arriving in Braavos this season was expense of setting up Braavos. Then the trailer appeared and it was obvious Stannis and Davos would be in Braavos.

2nd argument against Arya arriving in Braavos this season was because they'd have to show the Titan and they wouldn't have set that up yet. Then we get the trailer with the Titan.

It makes sense to have 3 characters involved in a new place they've had to set up. Otherwise, we get what? 1 or 2 scenes with Stannis and Davos at the Bank. They go to the trouble of setting up the Titan for 1 or 2 scenes.

Why wouldn't they just wait for Season 5?

However, if you look at it that they wanted to show Arya in Braavos at the end of Season 4, it then makes sense for them to invent scenes for Stannis and Davos there. It gives those two something to do on the way to the wall and justifies the expense of showing the Titan.

The Titan is not "set up", it's CGI. Likewise, whatever sets they used for Stannis' visit, like the Iron Bank, would be meaningless for Arya's storyline.

Arya's departure in episode 10, followed by her arrival in Braavos in the following season, is the most obvious story setup. If you have her arrive in Braavos in episode 10 you either have an underwhelming conclusion (by importing the House of White and Black sequence) or you deprive the following season premiere of a logical starting point.

When are the forums going to be open for the season 4 discussion (for each episode). Season 3 is still showing, but not season 4 yet. Will those open up tomorrow?

Omg, I literally asked the exact same question over in the little questions thread, like five minutes ago :laugh:

Archived