HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

Straight from HBO is the press release officially revealing the titles of the first four episodes of season 4, as well as providing synopsis information which provides some interesting insights as to what’s to come. Episodes 2 and 3 sound particularly interesting…

GameOfThrones_S4_Key-Art.jpg

Encouraged by the Red Wedding slaughter in the Riverlands that wiped out many of their Stark nemeses, the Lannistersâ hold on the Iron Throne remains intactâ¦but can they survive their own egos, as well as new and ongoing threats from the south, north and east? While an unbowed Stannis Baratheon continues to rebuild his army in Dragonstone, a more immediate danger comes from the south, as Oberyn Martell, the Lannister-loathing âRed Viper of Dorne,â arrives at Kingâs Landing to attend Joffreyâs wedding to Margaery Tyrell, and perhaps act on an ulterior agenda. In the north, a depleted Nightâs Watch seems overmatched against the inexorable Wall advances of Mance Rayderâs army of wildlings, which in turn is being trailed by an even more formidable foe: the undead White Walkers. As if that werenât enough, Daenerys Targaryen, accompanied by her menacing trio of dragons and army of Unsullied, is poised to liberate Meereen, the largest city in Slaverâs Bay, which could ultimately provide her with enough ships to sail to Westeros and reclaim the Iron Throne.

The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning GAME OF THRONES returns for its ten-episode fourth season SUNDAY, APRIL 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, followed by other episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time. Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, the hit series is an epic story of treachery and nobility set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years, and only the lust for power is eternal.

Returning series regulars on GAME OF THRONES this season include: Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Petyr âLittlefingerâ Baelish), Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna Tyrell), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark).

Additional returning series regulars this season include: Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Conleth Hill (Varys), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Sibel Kekilli (Shae), Rose Leslie (Ygritte), Rory McCann (Sandor âThe Houndâ Clegane), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow) and Carice van Houten (Melisandre).

Returning cast members include: Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), Kristian Nairn (Hodor) and Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy).

New cast members for the fourth season include: Pedro Pascal (Oberyn Martell), Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand, Oberynâs paramour), Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Lord Mace Tyrell), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis, a mercenary ally to Daenerys), Yuri Kolokolnikov (Styr, a wildlings chief) and Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (Ser Gregor Clegane, a.k.a. âThe Mountainâ).

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Also, "Tyrion lends Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a hand." It sounds like Tyrion is the one who gives him his golden hand, is that how it happens in the books? I can't recall...

[EDIT] Actually, since Jaime gets back AFTER the PW in the books, that clearly can't be the case. So I assume it was dear old daddy that gave him the hand in the books.

So.

Episode 1:

Most is fairly self-explanatory: Tyrion meets Oberyn, Jon is met with suspicion at Castle Black and we're introduced to Meereen. Arya's hint is the interesting one. The "old friend" could refer either to Polliver ironically (which would be very early indeed), or hopefully to Nymeria - either through a Wolf Dream or a physical meeting.

Episode 2:

From the hints it seems as though Tyrion comes up with the schematics for Jaime's golden hand. The wedding will of course feature. Stannis losing his patience with Davos is interesting, and apparently they are still at Dragonstone. A disagreement over burning prisoners? Has Davos failed to recruit new Lords to Stannis' cause. The hint about Theon suggests the Moat Cailin stuff will be in this episode, earlier than was expected. I expect Bran's story will include the Weirwood touching scene from the trailers, with Bran using some sort of six sense to locate the 3EC.

Episode 3:

Tyrion in prison, perhaps with Tywin offering to allow him to take the Black if he pleads guilty. Jon's bold plan will be striking out to Craster's, killing the oathbreakers and freeing Grenn and Ed. The Arya hint I have no real idea on. Maybe the gift of mercy scene from the promos? And then Dany's champion of course.

Episode 4:

Seems as though Dany may very well be taking Meereen as early as this episode. We have the start of Brienne's quest here as well, were I thought it would be. Jon securing volunteers could be freeing people at Craster's, but more likely is warning Mole's Town of the impending attack and recruiting from there in order to secure the Wall while he's gone to Craster's. The Bran Clan will likely get captured by Rast at Crasters.

Arya's hint is the interesting one. The "old friend" could refer either to Polliver ironically (which would be very early indeed), or hopefully to Nymeria - either through a Wolf Dream or a physical meeting.

It could also be Hot Pie. Didn't they leave him at the Inn at the Crossroads? Or it could be Needle...

I don't think the description for episode 2 has anything to do with moat cailin. I think it refers to the fact of theon taking on the reek persona and serving ramsay. he will probably be locked up with ramsay hounds, I also think his first mission will be to release the girl we see ramsay hunting in the trailer. the moat cailin stuff will be at the end of the season.

Arya's old friend is most likely Needle.

Episode 1 seems incredibly early for that meeting, especially as everyone will have forgotten about Polliver by now. I'm more inclined to think he'll be reintroduced alongside the Mountain in Episode 1 and then turn up later in Arya's story.

^I've been saying it will be episode one for a while due to the Innkeeper's Daughter being credited then and Andy Kellegher's stunt double. They're changing the order of things around and the Hound will be wounded later, they'll probably run into Rorge and co again. This is evidenced in one of the production stills where Arya and the Hound are walking away from the Inn and Arya has Needle and the Hound ISN'T wounded. Also I'm pretty sure she had Needle in her belt in the set pics from Iceland where they were filming Vale suff. And in the Foreshadowing feature when Sophie Turner is talking about how fun Maisie Williams is on set, once again we see Arya and the Hound standing side-by-side while Maisie is goofing off and yes, she has Needle in her belt.

PW in episode 2 is going to be a big surprise for those not familar with the book. They all want Joff dead of course, but coming this early into the season will be so out of the blue for them.

Also, in the trailer shots of Jon and the NW attacking the mutineers at Craster's, you can see Grenn coming out of the woods with Jon which would suggest that he and Edd made it back to Castle Black either between seasons or very early on in S4. He would presumably volunteer to come with Jon to take on the mutineers.

The attack on Craster's has already been confirmed to be in E5 based on leaks and the actors for Craster's wives being listed for that episode only.

I think that the "shelter" that Bran and co. stumble on in E4 could be Craster's and they'll be held captive there only to be inadvertently freed when Jon and co attack in the following episode (causing another near miss for Jon and Bran).

So, last season Benioff and Weiss co-directed an episode, correct? Seems that Weiss is the sole director for Ep1 this year. They did a good job on Ep3 (was it?), last year.

DGA rules stipulate that only one person can be credited with directing an episode. I believe Weiss was also listed as the sole director of D&D's episode last season, as well, though we know Benioff also co-directed.

Archived