HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

Hmm, if those are true I'm kind of disappointed. "The Mountain and the Viper"..... not very creative or exciting sounding. "The Watchers on the Wall" is pretty good I guess. "The Children" is an odd one. The only story I can think that kind of relates to that is Dany's, with the guy presenting the bones. Otherwise I'm not sure what that's referring to, and there were so many better suggestions for the last episode's title.

Children of the forest anyone?

Ah that would make a bit more sense. Funny that the season 3 finale was titled Mhysa (Mother) and now this is "The Children." It would be a darkly funny reference if the bone presenting scene is Dany's last scene of season 4, as contrast to her last scene in season 3.

If those titles are true, I'm happy that they named episode 8 for the duel. But I loved suggestions like "Elia" and "Say Her Name" so much more :frown5: "The Mountain and the Viper" is just so flat and like yeah guys that's what's happening just making that plain :stillsick:

Strange thing about The Mountain and The Viper is that it seems a bit spoiler-y; "oh, clearly some stuff is gonna go down between Oberyn and The Mountain, and it's gonna be a hella huge deal".

Not to mention you've already got an episode titled The Lion and The Rose.

^Well, we have more time to. They're also involved in all levels of the production and eking out what will be done next year, so maybe some of the titles get shortchanged as a result. Then, they do know what happens in each episode and we don't, so we can't REALLY criticise their choices until we've seen the episodes. That said, I hope "the Viper and the Mountain" isn't the real deal.

I like "The Mountain and the Viper", it makes it sound like some long-lost tale of tragedy. I always thought of the duel as something that would be turned into a song and remembered for generations (like The Dornishman's Wife or The Bear and the Maiden Fair).

I like "The Mountain and the Viper", it makes it sound like some long-lost tale of tragedy. I always thought of the duel as something that would be turned into a song and remembered for generations (like The Dornishman's Wife or The Bear and the Maiden Fair).

My thoughts too.

Yeah the shitty spoilery titles that people thought here are definitely better than what we got, get a grip please !

What's spoilery about "Elia" or "Hands of Gold" or "Only Cat" or Stoneheart" or "Family, Duty, Honor"? None of them are spoilery since the viewers don't know what they mean/the context behind them.

Archived