Should I give this part of the forum attention?

Iron Hawk

Hello all, I am new here. I just began watching Game of Thrones about a month ago. I have finished the first season and I am now watching the second. I understand that no spoilers from later books may be posted, but what about from later in the season/book? As of the time I posted this, I have watched up to Season 2 Episode 2. Are people allowed to talk about "so and so's death in chapter x?" Or the way "so and so betrays so and so in episode six?" If so, I will stay away from this part of the forum for a while. I just want to know where I'm safe and what I should avoid. Thanks.

At the time of Season 3, things will start to get out of order as they were rearranged for the show. Some characters' roles were given to others while some were just kept out completely; and S3 spoiled me something I was only supposed to read about in ADwD. It's up to you. However, if you are to mention something from the TV show, make sure you aren't foreshadowing things for readers, or keep them in spoiler tags otherwise. (I don't know if there are other bookspoilers as of yet; but I haven't watched the show.)

There's probably a better answer from someone who both watched the show and read the books, but that's just my two cents.

Oh, and welcome. =D

At the time of Season 3, things will start to get out of order as they were rearranged for the show. Some characters' roles were given to others while some were just kept out completely; and S3 spoiled me something I was only supposed to read about in ADwD. It's up to you. However, if you are to mention something from the TV show, make sure you aren't foreshadowing things for readers, or keep them in spoiler tags otherwise. (I don't know if there are other bookspoilers as of yet; but I haven't watched the show.)

There's probably a better answer from someone who both watched the show and read the books, but that's just my two cents.

Oh, and welcome. =D

I actually just noticed there is a section for the TV show specifically. I didn't see that at first.

Archived