New Trailer Coming

Westeros

Wait a second.

Instead of doing what he does in the books, one of the most amazing parts of the entire series, they have stannis going to bravos?

Not flipping the fuck out yet because idk if its true, but oh my fuck. Please tell me its not happening.

ETA: so annoyed I cant even think, typo fixed.

I look at it as they had to have Stannis do something in the middle of the season. They couldn't have him chatting with Davos on a ship or just disappear for 6 episodes.

I just assumed, as another poster suggested after a previous trailer was released, that Sansa was articulating her thoughts to Tyrion for no other reason than the show wanted to remind the audience of her reasons for feeling and behaving the way that she does, since they don't have the benefit of an internal POV. Seems a bit condescending, since one would imagine the audience could figure that out on their own without needing to have it spelled out for them, but the writers have spelled out similarly obvious things before using dialogue, so I'm not surprised.

...although since Dontos is in this season, I don't know why she couldn't just tell Dontos how she felt rather than telling Tyrion after she sneaks off to see him (there's a scene of Sansa in the same dress rushing through the bushes, presumably to meet up with Dontos), but eh.

E-Ro!!! I don't know what they are thinking, I seriously don't.

Yeah brah brah, I don't know what they are doing either. I agree with you on this sansa business as well. Its rather irksome.

No need to panic. Arya will be going to Braavos. Just Stannis is heading there first, for Iron Bank negotiations.

Edit: allow me to kick my proverbial ego to the curb if this was meant as sarcasm.

So Stannis IS going to the wall, just not for a few episodes?

Stannis goes to the iron bank for funding, he gets turned down, burns some people, then goes to the Wall.

In the books he only burns one guy before he gets to the wall, hopefully the show keeps it the same. No need for him to start burning people left and right.

Yeah, as he should. But someone said earlier that they confirmed Stannis is going to bravos to speak with the iron bank instead of the wall to save jons ass. It would be just like the show to have jon singlehandedly beat the wildlings while Stannis is joining a bank to get mercenaries. Im sure the show runners would find a way to portray the bank as evil as well, just for the fun of fucking stannis over as much as they possibly can.

Stannis is going to treat with the Iron Bank early in the season. Remember saying they have to raise an army at the end of season 3? The Battle at the Wall isn't until episode 9. Nobody said Stannis was going to the iron bank instead of the Wall, he's just going there first. Just relax, it's going to be okay.

What? I don't speak in fancy internet tongues, just English.

Yeah, as he should. But someone said earlier that they confirmed Stannis is going to bravos to speak with the iron bank instead of the wall to save jons ass. It would be just like the show to have jon singlehandedly beat the wildlings while Stannis is joining a bank to get mercenaries. Im sure the show runners would find a way to portray the bank as evil as well, just for the fun of fucking stannis over as much as they possibly can.

Har!

It's all I can answer to that.

What? I don't speak in fancy internet tongues, just English.

Jesus you Stannis folks are out there.

Stannis is going to treat with the Iron Bank early in the season. Remember saying they have to raise an army at the end of season 3? The Battle at the Wall isn't until episode 9. Nobody said Stannis was going to the iron bank instead of the Wall, he's just going there first. Just relax, it's going to be okay.

Dont you dare tell me to chill out, THIS IS SERIOUS, THIS IS STANNIS.

Maybe they end up together. *Shrugs* Just a thought. I mean, D&D already know how it all ends, so if they do end up together...their 'getting along' right now might be a build up to that. Just a theory.

No way, that's never going to happen. No, the objection most of us have is they are taking away her dignity.

He's a Lannister. And she's a Stark. And she's brave and she didn't let him see her cry.

Same reason season 2 Sansa didn't trust him. She had a brain back then, and a story of her own. Now she's just propping up his magnificence, because the showrunners think he walks on water.

While I see the slippery slope of what Tyrion's whitewashing has done in terms of many people's character, there is no choice but to follow that slope, no? We agree S2 Sansa and S3 Sansa are different. I believe this is because she's no longer betrothed to a monster and has been lulled into a false sense of hope by the Tyrells. Also, she's been gradually getting along with Tyrion because he's been good to her (as good as he could possibly be, given the circumstances). I understand the reasons behind the change in character. I don't find it out of the realm of possibility that she share her feelings with Tyrion; it's not like she's confessing love to him or anything so drastic.

So Stannis IS going to the wall, just not for a few episodes?

The Battle at Castle Black is not until episode 9. There's no need to Stannis to arrive any earlier. He stops at the bank on the way to the Wall, since Braavos is basically on the way.

I posted some screencaps a few posts back--the dragons, Oberyn, etc. Here's a couple more.

Drogon (looks like the goat makes it, but the villager doesn't!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/joliefaire/CaptureDrogon.jpg

Who's this??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/joliefaire/Capturewhoisthis.jpg

Yeah brah brah, I don't know what they are doing either. I agree with you on this sansa business as well. Its rather irksome.

Rather irksome, I like that.

Dont you dare tell me to chill out, THIS IS SERIOUS, THIS IS STANNIS.

I love it. Same here. No to the chill out. This is serious, this is SANSA.

Re: Sansa, a good reason for her to "confide" in Tyrion is to manipulate him and use her grief as an excuse to go to the godswood and meet Dontos, which she seems to be doing in another scene we saw previously, in which she has the same clothes and hairstyle. That was my immediate guess after the shorter version of the same scene from the previous trailer.

This works, too. Sophie Turner has alluded to Sansa manipulating others in Season 4, and her phrasing suggested it was people in KL as opposed to elsewhere.

We agree S2 Sansa and S3 Sansa are different.

Even if that were true, I'd expect some radical "course correction" from the writers to get TV Sansa back on track, just as I expect the writers will do some pretty radical "course correction" with Tyrion's milder, less malicious show character to make his actions later in the season plausible. Sansa using crocodile tears to manipulate Tyrion into leaving her to her devices in the godswood would fit the bill nicely.

Rather irksome, I like that.

I love it. Same here. No to the chill out. This is serious, this is SANSA.

Yeah, this is supposed to be the season were people who haven't read the books stop asking me why I like Stannis. Answering the question as patiently as possible gets difficult after like, the tenth time.

This doesn't solve our Tyrion Sansa issues though. Time will tell were that goes.

Archived