Is Sweetrobin based off of Robert Dudley?

Lady Howell

I feel that in GRRM's writing there's a propensity to knock characters with undesirable personality traits down a peg. Jaime's vanity and battle prowess is humbled by his dismemberment, Theon's bravado and cocksureness is humbled by his, well, dismemberment. Here we have some spoiled little runt who's completely coddled and entitled who also has a bit of a mean streak. What better way to put him in his place than to delegitimize him. We have bastards being legitimized and given their house name, why not the other way around? In any case, I'm expecting most of the Lordships to be completely reappointed by the end of the series and do not see Robert Arryn with any authority by the conclusion. Slap a mockingbird on his doublet and send him to the Fingers. I want LF to know, if he doesn't already, the sort of heir he's able to pass down.

I love Jaime and Theon far more than SR, but comparing him to them is a massive stretch. The only thing he's guilty of is being brat. Even some of the Stark kids are bratty in AGoT.

It went a bit further than bratty though... I mean he did want to see 'the little man fly'. Not saying he is going to be like Ramsay but the kid is definately screwed up and was whatever road he was on, I doubt it would have turned out well.Maybe now his mother is dead he might turn out decent.

1) Tyrion "killed his father".

2) Arryns have been executing people throught that door for thousands of years.

3) Does he even know that people can't flight? He's mentally stunted.

4) Even if he does know what it means, he's not the only young noble to threaten to have someone killed. Arya threatened the KL guards who were just doing their jobs.

Archived