True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

I'm having trouble understanding Rust's final words. He says to Marty,

" Ya, know you're looking at it wrong"... The sky, it ain't....once there was only dark...ask any of the lights in it"

The bolded words are wrong but that's the closest I can come up with. Could someone tell me what the correct wording was please?

Thank you!

I'm having trouble understanding Rust's final words. He says to Marty,

" Ya, know you're looking at it wrong"... The sky, it ain't....once there was only dark...ask any of the lights in it"

The bolded words are wrong but that's the closest I can come up with. Could someone tell me what the correct wording was please?

Thank you!

I'm not going to claim this is correct, but here is how the BoingBoing reviewer transcribed it: “Once there was only dark. If you ask me the light’s winning.”

Okay, now I know why I didn't understand the last thread too much... I hadn't seem episode 8....

It was so good, but I don't like the villain.... I wish there was more to him, and why did he have that British accent with his sister/wife and why did he keep his dad like that.... Mouth sewn together??

Okay, now I know why I didn't understand the last thread too much... I hadn't seem episode 8....

It was so good, but I don't like the villain.... I wish there was more to him, and why did he have that British accent with his sister/wife and why did he keep his dad like that.... Mouth sewn together??

He would try to imitate voices from movies he watched.

I got the impression his father abused him, maybe even scared his face.

Yeah I felt that the villain was sufficiently creepy. There was no need to go further into just how messed up he was, imo it would take away from much of the mysterious factor.

And I swear I've seen that actor before (who btw did a great job in the last episode). Edit: He's Remus from BE. That's a good casting choice.

Thread title fail. I'm fine with disagreeing with most of ya'll. Well stated points, I feel we can write pages about our reactions to this show. So, well done NP. But yer no David Simon.

Actually, now there's daylight savings time.

You beat me to it!

As for the final episode:

So, what was the deal with the room in Errol's house with the bathtub in the middle of the room and dozens of green-tree airfresheners?

You beat me to it!

As for the final episode:

So, what was the deal with the room in Errol's house with the bathtub in the middle of the room and dozens of green-tree airfresheners?

I'm guessing toilet.

I recall a documentary on poverty and prostitution that Diane Sawyer did that showed a similar use for a bathtub.

Archived