True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

"hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system"

Ah! They're going to do a period piece with trains and Pinkertons and all of that...yeah... :P

I wonder if all the talk about the ultimately non-existent strange/occult things in season 1 has tempted him to actually try that?

Is there a history of people going missing on the US transportation system?

"Rumour has it that Brad Pitt is the first choice to take on the second season of the show. McConaughey and Woody Harrelson’s acting partnership made the first season such an explosive hit, and it’s not out of the realms of possibility that the 12 Years a Slave director could be eyed as a replacement."

An odd non-sequitur there, but it would be fascinating to see Steve McQueen star on True Detective!

How about Edie Falco in the next season? She's an astonishing actress, and deserves better material than Nurse Jackie is giving her.

Ugh, understatement of the year! I tried to give that show a chance because I love her, but I think it is pretty much shit.

I fucking hope not. Brad Pitt is one of the most overrated actors in the business. Although that article also states that Pitt directed 12 Years a Slave, so it doesn't sound too reliable a source.

There were a couple article and all rumors. Really just post due to some speculation here.

Just binge watched the whole series in 3 evenings. For someone who usually doesn't like crime/detective shows, this was something special.

A really great show, as many have concluded already. HBO continues to shine. McConaughey an Harrelson give one of the best TV show performances of the last decades. Very interested in season two, but such a shame that it will probably feature a new cast, I want more of this.

It's crazy how similar our tastes are Mark Antony. I might as well just automatically hit the "I agree" emotion when I see your posts.

Since I feel the same way and have concluded that Mark Antony is my long lost son, perhaps you are his twin and therefore my other son. :D

Just binge watched the whole series in 3 evenings. For someone who usually doesn't like crime/detective shows, this was something special.

A really great show, as many have concluded already. HBO continues to shine. McConaughey an Harrelson give one of the best TV show performances of the last decades. Very interested in season two, but such a shame that it will probably feature a new cast, I want more of this.

Welcome to the club, Calibandar. Did you read any of the earlier threads that were spamming during the actual airing of the show?

I'm curious if you read up on the Ginger-Obsession. We had fun. :laugh:

the Second episode is probably my favourite because it was the moment when the birds become the spiral in the sky that I realised I was watching something unlike anything else I'd seen before and that this was definitely not another cop show.

I really enjoyed the first three episodes for the flashbacks, but the last 6 minutes of episode 4 still rank the highest for me of any television. Ever. :commie:

"hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system"

Ah! They're going to do a period piece with trains and Pinkertons and all of that...yeah... :p

And hell on wheels and the exploitation of Chinese immigrants. It's all complex enough for this sort of program. Were there any women Pinkertons? "True Pinkerton". ;)

Archived