True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

And hell on wheels and the exploitation of Chinese immigrants. It's all complex enough for this sort of program. Were there any women Pinkertons? "True Pinkerton". ;)

A quick googling shows there not only were women Pinkertons but there was a whole Pinkerton's Female Detective Bureau.

Yeah 4 and 5 were the best episodes to me :) I might do a rewatch :drool:

A True Detective marathon might have to wait until after Game of Thrones, since I'm probably going to rewatch that before the season 4 starts. But, I might be swayed by my love of Ginger and his duct tape demise .....

this whole talk of the pinkertons is making me laugh so much because one of my best friends is really eccentric in the true sense of the word and he's a pinkerton, as in that's his family name and he's related to that famous pinkerton guy apparently and he used to tell my friends and i about it and the "pinkerton eye"hahahahaha sorry offtopic.

he's also obsessed with the yellow king mythos and had been for quite awhile now and was telling me about it and carcosa and the portal.

heh..just interesting if they did a pinkerton thing i can imagine his gleeful reaction

Welcome to the club, Calibandar. Did you read any of the earlier threads that were spamming during the actual airing of the show?

I'm curious if you read up on the Ginger-Obsession. We had fun. :laugh:

No, didn't read due to fear of spoilers.

I did hear there were many, many theories about the more supernatural elements of the series, which are mostly implied, or maybe even all implied. But I didn't realy delve into the whole "what does Carcosa/The Yellow King mean" or discussions about Hastur etc. Though I did really wonder why Cohle was seeing there at the end, just before Childress stabbed him in the gut. That looked wonderful.

Why would there be a Ginger obsession? A bit player if you ask me. I was wondering more who this "Miles" was supposed to be.

I liked how Ledoux and Erroll both were these crazy, monstrous looking dudes. This was a great show with some frightening villains.

No, didn't read due to fear of spoilers.

I did hear there were many, many theories about the more supernatural elements of the series, which are mostly implied, or maybe even all implied. But I didn't realy delve into the whole "what does Carcosa/The Yellow King mean" or discussions about Hastur etc. Though I did really wonder why Cohle was seeing there at the end, just before Childress stabbed him in the gut. That looked wonderful.

Why would there be a Ginger obsession? A bit player if you ask me. I was wondering more who this "Miles" was supposed to be.

I liked how Ledoux and Erroll both were these crazy, monstrous looking dudes. This was a great show with some frightening villains.

It would be fun to re-read those threads during a re-watch of the entire season.

As for Ginger obsession? Well, he was the GINGE! Maybe it was his beard, maybe it was because he was such a tough guy, maybe it was the gingerness.

But we all pondered what happened to Ginger - is he still wrapped in duct tape in a ditch? Then we all pondered whether Cohle would have killed him to keep him from talking about how Cohle and Hart went renegade, etc. As usual, the westeros.org board members were very creative in theories and ideas.

And lots of Ginger puns, too. :-)

And hell on wheels and the exploitation of Chinese immigrants. It's all complex enough for this sort of program. Were there any women Pinkertons? "True Pinkerton". ;)

Did that happen in season 3? The west coast never featured in the first two seasons. If it does happen in season 3 I may have to speed up my plan of catching up.

Ginger obsession? I didn't see anything out if line with his overall importance to television history

My favourite Ginger line is, "it's Christmas time, Crash, we got this shit!" The sheer enthusiasm and excitement in which he says this is so hilarious.

I also love when he runs away from Rust, then turns and runs back to Rust shouting, "they're fucken' everywhere man!" before getting smashed in the face by Rust. Brilliant. For such an intense and dramatic episode, there were so many funny bits. Mostly thanks to Ginger.

Did that happen in season 3? The west coast never featured in the first two seasons. If it does happen in season 3 I may have to speed up my plan of catching up.

Hello. :) Did what happen in season three? :)

the Second episode is probably my favourite because it was the moment when the birds become the spiral in the sky that I realised I was watching something unlike anything else I'd seen before and that this was definitely not another cop show.

That scene still gives me chills just thinking about it...

I still thought Cranston was better, but neither should be disappointed if they don't win it. Both deserve the award.

But overall, Breaking Bad should pile up awards for Ozymandias alone. When it comes to climaxes for a series, that's right up there among the best of all time.

I still thought Cranston was better, but neither should be disappointed if they don't win it. Both deserve the award.

But overall, Breaking Bad should pile up awards for Ozymandias alone. When it comes to climaxes for a series, that's right up there among the best of all time.

same. Cranston this year over pretty much everyone from any year

Its sorta like when community and always sunny both had seasons that should have won best comedy in any other year.....well except neither was nominated.

Archived