True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

Affleck as Meriwether Lewis should be great. I have a theory that his depression and GI problems were caused by celiac disease, rather than the claims of malaria or syphilis historians usually claim with him. A point in favor of this theory is Lewis' GI problems and depression went away while on their famous expedition, eating game & corn, and returned once back home and eating wheat again.

Pfft. Everyone knows the next series will be Jack Black and Seth Rogen.

At least one of them is busy with "Preacher". Hope Jack Black isn't Jesse Custer or Cassidy. Arse-face, maybe.

Jonah Hill would probably do it for the exposure if the part stretched him and I get the impression the guy can act. Nic Cage would be an interesting gamble. Or Hugh Grant trying to break out of Romcoms like Mcog. Thing is I'd be surprised if there isn't a female detective lead next season so Sandra Bullock, Michelle Williams or Nicole Kidman would be similar tier actors.

Jessica Chastain is fantastic and can pull anything off, drama comedy, detective. I think they'll definitely cast a woman. Please don't have the male detective be her ex. Please.

Interesting. HBO shows have a stellar record as far as casting goes (except maybe that one surfer kid in JfC). I'm far more interested in the premise and setting personally.

Well, based on what little we know, the second season may or may not be a period piece (I'm leaning towards the idea that it is), set in southern California, and dealing with the "secret occult history of the United States transportation system". I also believe it was mentioned that Pizzolatto wants a distinctly different color scheme for the second season (the first being green and gold, primarily), in terms of the overall look and feel.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/true-detective-season-2-what-is-the-secret-occult-history-of-the-u-s-transportation-system/?curator=MediaREDEF

Well, based on what little we know, the second season may or may not be a period piece (I'm leaning towards the idea that it is), set in southern California, and dealing with the "secret occult history of the United States transportation system". I also believe it was mentioned that Pizzolatto wants a distinctly different color scheme for the second season (the first being green and gold, primarily), in terms of the overall look and feel.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/true-detective-season-2-what-is-the-secret-occult-history-of-the-u-s-transportation-system/?curator=MediaREDEF

Yeah, I'd love to see more details. I don't really think of the first season as a '17 year old serial killer hunt set in Louisiana' even though that's what it is.

Aside from the new director, I'm curious if Nic Pizzolatto can pull off another story with characters and dialogue just as interesting as Rust and Cohle. I bet it's a challenge dealing with the attention and scrutiny of his next endeavor given the success of his rookie take.

Archived