True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

A little late to the party, but I just saw this.

Absolutely amazing.

This is probably the best show I have seen since Breaking Bad ended, and in some ways this may be the best TV show I have ever seen. Its a bit too early to say for sure, I am still in that "honeymoon" phase. But as for now, the only real complaint I have is that sometimes it was hard to hear what the characters (mainly Cohle) were saying.

The first season set the bar so high that its difficult to not be looking forward to season 2.... I've had so much goin on that I had not thought about TD ... but now that I've seen this thread.... giggity.

if S2 is even close to S1.... This might be the most widely loved show since the Sopranos

Yeah, Jessica Chastain is great, but it was never going to happen. As has been pointed out in all the articles talking about her not doing it, roles get offered out to every name of note that's even semi-plausible for it, and most of them get turned down if only for scheduling reasons. Which one might surmise is the case here, since she's a very busy woman. Although I do wonder if her decision was at all influenced by her having been in Texas Killing Fields, a film with a rather similar story and setting to the first season of True Detective.

I think the most important thing about the whole story is that it seemingly confirms that there definitely is a major female role in the series, if it's big enough to have her attached to it.

I vote they ask Carey Mulligan next. I like her more than Chastain anyway...

Ok, just finished this- actually been more looking forward to it every week than GoT. And it was wonderful and I love the Louisiana swampland more than ever. Just one question - when the finale aired live, loads of my FB friends were saying "TAKE OFF YOUR MASK" so I was expecting that to be an actual quote. Did I miss something or what?

Just one question - when the finale aired live, loads of my FB friends were saying "TAKE OFF YOUR MASK" so I was expecting that to be an actual quote. Did I miss something or what?

Yeah you missed something :) watch the carcosa scene again

Really great audio interview with Nic Pizzolatto here, where he discusses the first season and provides a couple more details on what we can expect out of the second season.

You'll need to download the extended version of the interview, but if you were at all a fan of the show, I would highly recommend it. Here's the link:

http://www.ttbook.org/book/true-detective-nic-pizzolatto#.U4Gq3ArQ2uU. twitter

As far as the information about the second season... Pizzolatto mentions that they're working with three leads, and confirms that it will take place in 'some of the lesser-known venues' of California. He also notes that they'll be utilizing the environment in the same way that they did with the first season, that the entire season has been outlined (with a few scripts completed), and that casting will begin "in earnest" very shortly.

I could be wrong, but aren't they taking too long with the pre-production? I mean, if they plan on premiering it in January again, they've only got about six months. And they haven't even completed the scripts or begun casting. I dunno, I just don't wanna wait too long for Season 2. Waiting a whole year is excruciating enough.

I could be wrong, but aren't they taking too long with the pre-production? I mean, if they plan on premiering it in January again, they've only got about six months. And they haven't even completed the scripts or begun casting. I dunno, I just don't wanna wait too long for Season 2. Waiting a whole year is excruciating enough.

Probably depends on how many episodes, characters, ect. Think production lasted roughly 4 months for season 1? Also depends on if HBO continues with it in Jan or moves it.

I imagine they'll be moving True Detective to True Blood's spot next year. Also, I believe it was mentioned by Pizzolatto that this is not going to have your typical, normal production period. Meaning it could be a 1 year wait for the next season, or it could be a 2 year wait.

I'm thinking that the Ryan Murphy series, Open, will be scheduled for January, along with the fourth season of Girls and the second season of Looking. Moving the second season of True Detective to the summer spot, formerly taken by True Blood, also seems likely.

And if this second season is going to be a period piece (which, based on the subject matter, I think this is very likely), it would make sense for HBO to curb the production costs by re-using and re-tooling as many of the sets, props, costumes, and vehicles from Boardwalk Empire (which is currently filming its final season) as is possible.

I just want to see some concrete casting information. And I really want Joaquin Phoenix involved.

I just want to see some concrete casting information. And I really want Joaquin Phoenix involved.

After seeing his performance in The Master, I think I'd get physically excited if he was cast for this show. Possibly one of the only actors that has a chance of upstaging MM from season 1.

I'm not really sure if the real MM would fit in a show like TD.

Mads?

Watch the finale of Hannibal's second season. That man deserves an Emmy. Hell, they need another category for the talent from last episode.

He's in the pantry.

Mads?

Watch the finale of Hannibal's second season. That man deserves an Emmy. Hell, they need another category for the talent from last episode.

He's in the pantry.

He needs his time to play Euron Greyjoy :p

Archived