True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

'Born on the Bayou' is a CCR song, but I attached it to Beasts of the Southern Wild coz I thought it fit.

Thanks, for some reason (probably TD worked its magic on me) I came to think of that avatar/quote and wanted to see the movie.

Have you guys seen the articles about TD Season 2? It's supposed to have 3 leads, be set in California, and involve hard women, transportation system, and the occult.

Thanks, for some reason (probably TD worked its magic on me) I came to think of that avatar/quote and wanted to see the movie.

I absolutely love it. It's, like, nothing like True Detective, but it's a corker.

Speaking of swampland movies, I may also get around to seeing Mud one of these days... Maybe later today, actually.

Have you guys seen the articles about TD Season 2? It's supposed to have 3 leads, be set in California, and involve hard women, transportation system, and the occult.

True Detective? What's that?

True Detective? What's that?

It's this super fun, upbeat comedy starring these two buds who drive around Louisiana in search of a cheery Yellow fellow.

I miss it. :/

Me too, but I'm glad it was no longer than it was and that they won't revisit the same characters. I'll rewatch it in a few years and get back my man crush on Cohle.

Agreed. I'm excited about the California locale for the season 2 show...I know next to nothing about California beyond the stand LA stuff...and what I've gleaned from Sons of Anarchy, which ain't much, seeing how it's in a fictitious town.

Not sure I like the idea of 3 leads

With the quality of the first season, I am more than willing to trust the creators with bringing whatever they feel best to season 2. Me? I'm going to enjoy the ride and let them hold the controls.

It's this super fun, upbeat comedy starring these two buds who drive around Louisiana in search of a cheery Yellow fellow.

I miss it. :/

Hello!! It's a series about this guy called Ginger. Pfft. I'll let this pass cause you're my BFF and all.

Really depends on who they are though.

I have a felling one of them will end up being the villian...

TBH I thought Rust would end up being the main villain since the first episode when he mentioned something about not sleeping, I thought it was a Dr. Jekyl/ Mr. Hyde situation.

TBH I thought Rust would end up being the main villain since the first episode when he mentioned something about not sleeping, I thought it was a Dr. Jekyl/ Mr. Hyde situation.

I agree that 3 leads increases the chances of one of them being an antagonist (if not necessarily the main villain). But I'm honestly surprised how many people thought Cohle would be the Big Bad. That would be way too obvious, and frankly cheap, and from the beginning I thought it was clear that he was a sort of tragic hero

I agree that 3 leads increases the chances of one of them being an antagonist (if not necessarily the main villain). But I'm honestly surprised how many people thought Cohle would be the Big Bad. That would be way too obvious, and frankly cheap, and from the beginning I thought it was clear that he was a sort of tragic hero

Agreed, although I am also fairly disappointed with the villain we did get in the end. Eroll Childress is like Ramsay Bolton in the modern era, we kind of already got the white trash wierdo villain like that with the Ledouxs and Ginger, I don't think we needed another one, especially as the "final" antagonist.

You aren't alone in that or in expecting some sort of other twist. The funniest thing with this show was realising how well trained TV viewers are now to expect the Shyamalan. The show was very very straightforward. (The writer was kinda bemused about the whole thing actually, which was funny to read about)

Agreed, although I am also fairly disappointed with the villain we did get in the end. Eroll Childress is like Ramsay Bolton in the modern era, we kind of already got the white trash wierdo villain like that with the Ledouxs and Ginger, I don't think we needed another one, especially as the "final" antagonist.

Considering the show's themes of madness clawing at the edges of the normal world, it was always gonna be something like that. Cohle literally hunts the guy through a spiralling maze of insanity at the end.

Archived