True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

Well yeah, the joke is that he's such a pathetic and ridiculous character that didn't have much importance, but he's established something of a cult following around here.

Much like the Yellow King cult. We were simply adding to the meta-narrative. Ginger was the abyss looking back into our souls, man.

We'd get all high on the philosophy, run away with the clues, and then we ran back to Cohle just to get punched in the face.

Who gives a shit about Ginger. He was relevant only in that he got Cohle and Marty headed toward the Ledouxs.

Scot, you are my friend, but I will cut you for disrespecting the Ginger.

With all that is fascinating about "True Detective", character, mystery, philosophical issues, and how each of those interelate why are we talking about a minor character who appeared briefly in two episodes?

I'm dieing to hear more about the supernatural elements of TD, or whether they actually existed at all.

With all that is fascinating about "True Detective", character, mystery, philosophical issues, and how each of those interelate why are we talking about a minor character who appeared briefly in two episodes?

I'm dieing to hear more about the supernatural elements of TD, or whether they actually existed at all.

Only when those birds flew in the shape of the funnel symbol.

Only when those birds flew in the shape of the funnel symbol.

But what's supernatural about that? Flocking behavior. Birds flying on currents of air. Air currents often making little swirly motions.

Alternatively, that may have been just Rust hallucinating. Nobody else saw that. We the audience did, but we saw his hallucinatory/flashback experiences as well.

But what's supernatural about that? Flocking behavior. Birds flying on currents of air. Air currents often making little swirly motions.

Alternatively, that may have been just Rust hallucinating. Nobody else saw that. We the audience did, but we saw his hallucinatory/flashback experiences as well.

Yeah, that's what I think it was. Also, IIRC that episode was called "seeing things". I thought the title in part referred to the bird scene.

Did you watch the last episode? I don't want to spoil. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The plot seems to me like a one season so my guess is ether the characters would be really old investigated a different crime (unlikely) or new characthers would introduced.

It's an anthology show. New cast, new characters, new case every season.

No word on when Season 2 will air, but apparently it will be set in California (not LA though) and will be written by the same guy as Season 1. It will have a rotating group of directors though.

Archived