True Detective IX - Cohle Logic

Stubby

Haven't seen it.

Kitsch was on Friday Night Lights, Wolverine Origins, Savages. Those are what I know him from at least.

Don't forget John Carter and Battleship. Both were very cheesy movies that became watchable because of him...

If True Detective turns into an eye candy show we might as well rename it "Silk Stalkings"

Meh, we got Daddarrio and her glorious tits in season 1, as well as Marty's other girl and Maggie, so it's only fair to let the ladies have some eye candy.

I find it so interesting how some people say that TD is some of the best television ever made (like Raja, with whom I agree) yet there's some complaining on the Emmys thread about it being nominated for Best Dramatic Series. Luckily the Academy of Emmys agrees with me. TD was a tour de force, hence the million threads about it on this board. Google had the thread listed in third place, so we got a lot of new people. The whole experience was fun and waiting for each new episode was painfully sweet and full of conjectures.

Ser Scot,

That was indeed an interesting read, I skimmed most of it, I just don't know it that's what the show intended it to be. I think it's perfectly reasonable to say that True Detective was indeed a very good show, but it has it's faults like every other show.

• 4 weeks later...

Elisabeth Moss in everything, please. She's excellent in Mad Men and I hope she makes it for season 2. I'm more excited about her than anyone else in that cast.

I don't watch Mad Men (could never get into it) so I'm not familiar with her. I can't say I'm excited about any of the other 3 tbh. They have big shoes to fill after MM & WH did such a great job with S1.

It's obviously going to be a very different role for her if she does end up getting it, but from what I hear she might have played a similar role in a mini-series called Top of the Lake. I haven't seen it yet, but I've only heard good things about both the show and Moss. I hope she plays a lead role.

It's obviously going to be a very different role for her if she does end up getting it, but from what I hear she might have played a similar role in a mini-series called Top of the Lake. I haven't seen it yet, but I've only heard good things about both the show and Moss. I hope she plays a lead role.

Ugh, I hope it's not going to devolve like Top of the Lake. The first episodes were really good, but the ending was shite and took forever (If you hadn't guessed who was behind the mystery by episode 3 then you are lost forever)

With all that is fascinating about "True Detective", character, mystery, philosophical issues, and how each of those interelate why are we talking about a minor character who appeared briefly in two episodes?

I'm dieing to hear more about the supernatural elements of TD, or whether they actually existed at all.

Because the world doesn't revolve around you. It revolves around Ginger.

Elisabeth Moss in everything, please. She's excellent in Mad Men and I hope she makes it for season 2. I'm more excited about her than anyone else in that cast.

Watch her as a detective in the amazing Top of the Lake, a six part miniseries set in New Zealand's south island. (I think it's still streaming on Netflix) Anyway, she's great, though her accent comes and goes a bit.

The casting choice that I am the most pumped up about is Vince Vaughn. He was amazing in Clay Pigeons. He took a role as a mentally unstable, redneck serial killer and delivered the goods in a memorable way.If his role is anything like that in the new season, it should be awesome.

News for S2. Some of these (potential) cast choices seem.....odd. :dunno:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/08/05/true_detective_season_2_cast_and_plot_details_reported.html

It could be interesting. I avidly like Vaughn when he's serious and dramatic. But that while article reads add reporting on hearsay. I'll believe it when I see it.

Needs more Ginger too.

Archived