Loras Tyrell Theories

OrangeStallion

There are about four or five different theories i have heard:

1. He is injured and dying on dragonstone
  2. He is not injured and is abroad in secret (seeing Aegon)
  3. He is being tested on by Qyburn
  4. He is Azor Ahai reborn (and that is why he is dying so he can be reborn)

I think the only two that a posable IMO are 1 and 2

I think that #1 and #3 are the most likely, followed closely by the "seeking aegon" theory and the only reason that it Is even remotely possible is that is is the Redwyne fleet that would take him there (the Redwynes and Tyrells fought for the Targs during RR).

I would throw my book if Loras is AA, I can't see a supporting character being Azor, unless we start getting POV chapters from him (and even then I'd be like really, this late?)

Well if there was no way for Mace to find out, and Mace is generally regarded as kind of clueless everybody knows that Olenna makes the plans in that family. I admit the logistics of getting him to the black cells is difficult, but I just got a sense of ambiguity about Loras' fate at Dragonstone.

• He is injured and dying on dragonstone
  • He is not injured and is abroad in secret (seeing Aegon)
  • He is being tested on by Qyburn
  • He is Azor Ahai reborn (and that is why he is dying so he can be reborn)

There is also the theory that he is the Westrosi bloke that Arya found dead while she was blind. There is another theory that he he is on a secret mission to the reach to kill Euron.

Personally I think his main concern will be Marg and he will turn up in KL in disguise.

I feel like the only way someone could "seek out" Euron would have to be in a battle. The only secret mission to kill Euron that could work I think would have to be a faceless man.

I agree that Marg and his family is who he cares about, so I can roll with the theory that he went after Aegon after learning he landed to join with the golden company because quite frankly, I think the Tyrells are tired of Cersei's shit, and they smell blood in the water for that family.

It all depends on his families loyalties really. Personally I feel they will eventually abandon the Lannisters but I am not as convinced that they are ready to do so yet, especially with Mace at the helm - he will want to keep his daughter as Queen and may be too slow to realise the opportunity to marry Aegon before Arianne gets in there

1. He is injured and dying on dragonstone

He is not injured and is abroad in secret (seeing Aegon)

He is being tested on by Qyburn

He is Azor Ahai reborn (and that is why he is dying so he can be reborn)

I got the impression that he wasn't really on a secret mission, just that the Tyrells are lying about Loras being mortally wounded so that Cersei wouldn't name him as her champion. The royal family has to select a member of the Kingsguard to defend them during a Trial by Combat, and since the Tyrells didn't know that Cersei was having Qyburn build her a Franken-Gregor in the dungeons, they probably assumed she would name Loras (because he is at the time arguably the best swordsman in the Kingsguard).

Because of the impending Trial, I see two outcomes for Loras: he has either joined the Redwyne fleet returning to the Reach to fight off the Ironborn, or he will dramatically reveal himself as the champion of the High Septon in Cersei's trial. I see this second option as unlikely because a devisive Kingsguard like that just looks bad for everyone, although if Franken-Gregor kills Loras in the Trial, it would cement the fate of the Lannister-Tyrell alliance. And though I think this happening is incredibly unlikely, at the same time, I just can't see who the Faith will bring forth as a champion that can actually even compete with Franken-Gregor. George R.R. Martin is sure to give us some kind of a twist here, because at this point it just seems too obvious that Cersei is going to win her Trial.

Archived