annual beg-a-thon for a Denver area GoT public screening

Zimriel

Hello again Brothers:

So, it's another year, and I'm here - again - asking if anywhere in the north Denver / Boulder area is screening Game of Thrones in April, where there may or may not (hopefully may) be food and libations. By "anywhere" I mean something public - Alamo Drafthouse being the model, but anyplace nice and social will do.

I don't think we got Alamo Drafthouse in the 36 "turnpike" but do we got anything LIKE that? Some place that can at least be booked?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again Brothers:

So, it's another year, and I'm here - again - asking if anywhere in the north Denver / Boulder area is screening Game of Thrones in April, where there may or may not (hopefully may) be food and libations. By "anywhere" I mean something public - Alamo Drafthouse being the model, but anyplace nice and social will do.

I don't think we got Alamo Drafthouse in the 36 "turnpike" but do we got anything LIKE that? Some place that can at least be booked?

Zimriel, there was no place in New Orleans that had GOT showing publicly during season 1. Plenty of places had the TV on as it was right before Treme and everyone here watched Treme. No sound.

I ended up talking to the owner of a bar and asked if he would make sure the sound was up if I got some people to come. He agreed (more business is good). I made flyers and passed them out all week before episode 4 from season 1 aired and we've had a place to eat Thai food and hang out with other nerds ever since.

If there are any places in Denver that have HBO already, talk to the manager or owner. If you're willing to do the work and promise to try to increase business, you'll likely be successful.

Good Luck! And have a great time wherever you are on Sunday!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived