R+L=J v 75

Stubby

If there was a frog, it might kiss the Prince and bring him back to life :P

As I am currently re-reading A Song for Arbonne, it only now struck me what an interesting motive we see right in the introduction: a staged abduction of a married young noblewoman who fell for a high-born poet. She dies later in childbirth and the child becomes a hidden heir, while the reveal of her affair causes a strife between her lover and her husband.

Has GRRM ever mentioned whether he likes G.G. Kay?

JUST Flashman, so go read it so you can hate me latter! :)

And some more bonanza from episode 1:

The Red Viper is great, I no longer have any doubts about him. And he had a line of dialogue that I found very interesting, where he tells Tyrion that Rhaegar Targaryen “left his sister for another woman”. Maybe it was just me reading into it as a book reader but the way he said it made me think he was implying that they had run away together. So in other words, it seemed to me that the show was now introducing a different perspective on that situation. Up until now we’ve only gotten Robert’s ‘kidnapped’ angle.

Comment by punklunchbox, scrolling down here.

The Red Viper is great, I no longer have any doubts about him. And he had a line of dialogue that I found very interesting, where he tells Tyrion that Rhaegar Targaryen “left his sister for another woman”. Maybe it was just me reading into it as a book reader but the way he said it made me think he was implying that they had run away together. So in other words, it seemed to me that the show was now introducing a different perspective on that situation. Up until now we’ve only gotten Robert’s ‘kidnapped’ angle.

Thats interesting.

And I love the actor who plays the Viper, thinking it was an apt choice since Martin said the Dornish were a cross between the Spanish/Welsh/ Mediterranean.

Maybe it's because I have a lot of Hispanic friends, (and my boss is Chilean/Italian), I've always viewed them, (especially ny boss, Cecilia) as "Dornish." :)

They will have to give it in little drabs and dribbles in order not to give it away too soon, becaus as has been said, in TV format, it would likely be much easier to piece together everything rather than five books with clues strewn in between.

Thats interesting.

And I love the actor who plays the Viper, thinking it was an apt choice since Martin said the Dornish were a cross between the Spanish/Welsh/ Mediterranean.

Maybe it's because I have a lot of Hispanic friends, (and my boss is Chilean/Italian), I've always viewed them, (especially ny boss, Cecilia) as "Dornish." :)

They will have to give it in little drabs and dribbles in order not to give it away too soon, becaus as has been said, in TV format, it would likely be much easier to piece together everything rather than five books with clues strewn in between.

Nice way of showing there that Dany still doesn't know the difference between the Starks (blue flower, particularly Jon) and the Lannisters (seeing how crimson is the Lannister color...)

The show runners have their work cut out for them by not introducing any proper R+L=J clues up until now, so looks like they'll be going for a more obvious reveal. This is a good way to start and introduce the topic

I bet it also still says Ned was his father? ;)

ah yes touche. Does anyone know, or have any thoughts on whether he could/would be relieved of his duty with a ceremonious "and now his watch has ended" if he is believed dead by his brothers in the Nights Watch?

So, this argument is extremely intimidating, what with the 75 threads and as a relative new comer I find it very difficult to put everything together.

Can one of you guys give us a summery of all the major points, and what you consider to be the best textual evidence. Or provide a link to something like that. I really want to get in on the game but I feel unprepared.

Archived