Game of Thrones: Long Story Short

Westeros

• 2 weeks later...

Since I seam to be unable to start a new thread as yet, since this speaks of adaptation I thought I would throw this out for comment if possible. "The Lord of the Flies" has some similarities. As we know in the books a lot of the main characters are young, younger than portrayed in the tv show, from Rickon to Rob 4 - 14 , and 10 year old Arya leaving KG is to play the roll of a boy from then on. Perhaps not there for some but I was just thinking of another time and place where children took on such a role as to rule.

• 4 weeks later...

Given the number of countries, people involved, advance planning, and finally the time it takes to make them damn thing, I'm always surprised at how good the show is and I feel that when they produced the pilot all those years ago, it probably was with the understanding that people had read the books or were going to figure this stuf out on their own and that's not really how tv works. You have to explain the basics to people either visually or through dialogue (preferrably the former though). Plus, devoting 7 years of your life to do this thing at least shows a lot of devotion.

Thats before they even started filming. Ifwe have 7 seasons, thats 14 years. Very impressive and I for one am very grateful for their efforts. I only got into the books because of the show.

• 1 month later...

That was cool.

I like the report card that displays "urge to slap Joffrey" bahaha :lmao:

Such a humble little office for D&D, with a nice stash of wine.

Also, can Charles Dance narrate my life? I haven't done much, but I'm pretty sure that he could make it sound amazing.

Not so fast. Charles Dance's price may be your head. Lol. :-)

Archived