Small Questions v 10026

Stubby

I need to get a copy of tPatQ, (lol, gave it as a present at Christmas, but no one gave it to me) but in the meantime, can someone tell me if Rhaenyra was dead or alive when she was fed to the dragon, and if she was dead, who actually killed her?

I need to get a copy of tPatQ, (lol, gave it as a present at Christmas, but no one gave it to me) but in the meantime, can someone tell me if Rhaenyra was dead or alive when she was fed to the dragon, and if she was dead, who actually killed her?

She was alive.

I never understood the title A Dance with Dragons. I can't see how it's relevant to the overall story of the book. The other titles seem rather obvious to me. They all refer to a theme which goes through (almost) all storylines, but I can't see that with Dance. I suppose you could relate it to Dany's and Ageon's storylines, and the storylines connected to them: Selmy, Quentyn, Victarion, JonCon and Tyrion. But I don't see how the title refers to Theon, Jon, Sam, Arya, Sansa, Asha and the rest in Westeros.

So, in short, can someone explain how the title A Dance with Dragons refers to the content of the book?

The Dragons are Daenerys, Jon, and Aegon. I believe the George expected to be farther along with their dancing by book four.

Is it well believed that Shella Whent is dead? If she is alive, is that a big deal??

She died, though I don't believe we know exactly how. But one of the characters does mentions it once that she died.

And no, it most likely isn't a big deal.. She didn't hold Harrenhal anymore anyway. In some theories she could possibly play a very tiny role, but she had no role left in anything that we know for certain..

She died, though I don't believe we know exactly how. But one of the characters does mentions it once that she died.

And no, it most likely isn't a big deal.. She didn't hold Harrenhal anymore anyway. In some theories she could possibly play a very tiny role, but she had no role left in anything that we know for certain..

I think its LF who mentions she is dead. I do wonder how she died though. I suppose its one of those little things we will never know.

I remember Cat thinking about Lady Whent living in only part of the castle, because the place was so huge. And then she had to give up the castle to the Lannisters, and then later LF says she's died. That could be true, because she has no heirs and she can be an example of yet another House that dies out or is extinguished. On the other hand, she may have disappeared to join the rebels in the Riverlands somewhere.

Ser Jaime goes to Harrenhal and notes there are only three members of her household left, but does not mention Lady Whent herself in his POV.

During the Red Wedding, it sounds as if Lady Whent is still alive.

However, Petyr Baelish tells Sansa at the Eyrie in Feast somewhere towards the middle:

That seemed to amuse him. "Has someone made a song about Gregor Clegane dying of a poisoned spear thrust? Or about the sellsword before him, whose limbs Ser Gregor removed a joint at a time? That one took the castle from Ser Amory Lorch, who received it from Lord Tywin. A bear killed one, your dwarf the other. Lady Whent’s died as well, I hear. Lothstons, Strongs, Harroways, Strongs... Harrenhal has withered every hand to touch it."

Indicating that she died in between.

It isn't stated how she died, but it seems that she is dead.

Lol, there's an echo in here. There are strong hints The Hooded Man is the septon.

ETA: Hence my comment, beware of missing bodies. :)

(I actually believe Syrio is dead and is not Jaqen, and Lady Whent seems to be too minor to be one of the missing dead, although I wonder what GRRM has in mind for the Hooded Man)

Where can I find all the WoW sample chapters? Or do I have to search them up individually for myself?

Theon I, also to be found in several paperback versions of aDwD

Arianne II summary - the first part of the chapter can be found here

Summaries of Barristan I and II - Barristan I can now be found in US versions of the paperback of Dance

Summaries (short) of Victarion I and Tyrion I

Tyrion II was released on the app today. The first page of that can be found here

I don't believe there is anything else at the moment.. In addition, we know that Arianne I contains a conversation between Doran and Arianne, before she starts her travels.

Should anyone be able to see the Tyrion chapter on the app, I can't get the app and I'd love to read the chapter :) Or read a very very very very very detailed summary.

Archived